Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tannebaum Allowed Mangini To Rape The Jets

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Tannebaum Allowed Mangini To Rape The Jets

In the end Mangini got away with getting everything he wanted and more from the Jets. Was there a single player that Mangini wanted that he didn't take away from the Jets?

Sanchez is another effin Pennington. An eternal almost-would-be-great-QB. What a horrible throw, poise, stance.

I could have stomached anything except that California softy sorry version of a football player.

Tannenbaum is an ahole. Eff you fatty.

Yes, I'm typing from my latop, in my house, I have never played pro-football, yet I know right from wrong. This was the wrongest.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    your credability just took a hit with the start of this assinine thread brah..... where we a superbowl caliber team in the mangini era???? nope. so let the penguin take whatever the f@#k he wants too as long as we end up winning beacause of it.... :steamin:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Fanatic;3101991]In the end Mangini got away with getting everything he wanted and more from the Jets. Was there a single player that Mangini wanted that he didn't take away from the Jets?

Sanchez is another effin Pennington. An eternal almost-would-be-great-QB. What a horrible throw, poise, stance.

I could have stomached anything except that California softy sorry version of a football player.

Yes, I'm typing from my latop, in my house, I have never played pro-football, yet I know right from wrong. This was the wrongest.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I just got home an I saw what we gave up. We couldn't give up Eric Ainge? We had to give up 1st, 2nd AND three other players? AND Brett Ratliff? WTF ?????? :steamin:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Fanatic;3101991]In the end Mangini got away with getting everything he wanted and more from the Jets. Was there a single player that Mangini wanted that he didn't take away from the Jets?

Yes, I'm typing from my latop, in my house, I have never played pro-football, yet I know right from wrong. This was the wrongest.[/QUOTE]
    There's a lot of reasons to bash the move, the players Mangini got from us not being one, IMO.

Think about it this way: Will you notice the disappearance of any of the three players we sent to Cleveland?

Will you notice that Abram Elam isn't covering punts on 6 plays a game? He wasn't starting this year with Leonhard in front of him.

Will you notice the absence of Brett Ratliff? An UDFA QB who, after minicamp, obviously showed nothing to the current coaching staff that he was capable of leading this team. He couldn't even beat out our other 'probably a career backup' QB.

Will you notice the absence of Kenyon Coleman? The guy is the definition of a JAG. Roll another guy in there, say Marques Coleman, and you won't even remember Coleman. His half of a sack in all of 2008 will be [I]real[/I] hard to replace.

When I first saw the compensation package we sent over to Cleveland, I had to absorb it for a minute. But when you break it down, none of these guys are anything more than role players or backups. Their absences won't be noticed, and we have a potential franchise changer on our hands in return.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Raped us out of what? A backup SS who gives up 3 TDs for every one he created? An overpaid DE who can easily be replaced by Marques Douglas? A former UDFA who was struggling in our minicamp?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    it don't matter..it's wj's team and money to blow..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

I honestly don't get when people like you ***** and cry without seeing him play a down. We basically gave up a second round pick for a potential franchise QB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two teams in two different situations. I wasn't in favor of trading up, but for the price it ended up costing, this was not a bad move. Cleveland fans will probably be upset about the players they got in return, but Mangini went on to manipulate the draft very well and to come out with lots of useful players.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    3-5 years from now this will become our #1 draft blunder

And you know it has to be bad to surpass all of our draft mistakes. :)

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree with the above poster...we gave up 3 role players.

I like the trade, we finally have a QB

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's ridiculous that people start these threads. It's like before with Ratliff, and any player that has never thrown a pass. Once the guy plays, you can see what kind of player he is, but until then, stop making excuses. This guy was from a winning organization, a winning team, and has a history of having good players come from the school (USC - just in case you were wondering).

We just got a new face of the franchise, and you're not happy.

Posters like you make JI hard to visit.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SUJets1988;3102019]There's a lot of reasons to bash the move, the players Mangini got from us not being one, IMO.

Think about it this way: Will you notice the disappearance of any of the three players we sent to Cleveland?

Will you notice that Abram Elam isn't covering punts on 6 plays a game? He wasn't starting this year with Leonhard in front of him.

Will you notice the absence of Brett Ratliff? An UDFA QB who, after minicamp, obviously showed nothing to the current coaching staff that he was capable of leading this team. He couldn't even beat out our other 'probably a career backup' QB.

Will you notice the absence of Kenyon Coleman? The guy is the definition of a JAG. Roll another guy in there, say Marques Coleman, and you won't even remember Coleman. His half of a sack in all of 2008 will be [I]real[/I] hard to replace.

When I first saw the compensation package we sent over to Cleveland, I had to absorb it for a minute. But when you break it down, none of these guys are anything more than role players or backups. Their absences won't be noticed, and we have a potential franchise changer on our hands in return.[/QUOTE]

yes this post is kinda silly

I did not want Sanchez, but we did not give up that much

Also, about 6 million came off the books.....enough to say resign Leon and Jones?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL

We basically got a potential franchise QB for a 2nd round pick.

Coleman is the only guy out of the group of players we gave up that you can consider a starter and he's only a "solid" one at that. Elam was set to backup Leonhard at SS and Ratliff has done nothing other than complete two deep balls against the Browns' 3rd string defense in the pre-season.

As for Sanchez, his poise and stance are only a few of the attributes that add to him being a bluechip QB prospect. Seriously, I've yet to hear anyone in the media or on this board that have given me any legit reasons as to why Sanchez won't amount to a franchise QB other than his lack of ideal starts at the collegiate level. Everything else he has. A good arm, great accuracy, terrific pocket awareness, a quick release, great leadership abilities, and the "it" factor that few QB's seem to be labeled with.

Seriously, if you don't like Sanchez as a prospect, then please give me a few more reasons other than "he doesn't have a cannon for an arm" or "he doesn't have the ideal amount of starts at the college level".

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

You're kidding, right?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3102028]I think it's ridiculous that people start these threads. It's like before with Ratliff, and any player that has never thrown a pass. Once the guy plays, you can see what kind of player he is, but until then, stop making excuses. This guy was from a winning organization, a winning team, and has a history of having good players come from the school (USC - just in case you were wondering).

We just got a new face of the franchise, and you're not happy.

Posters like you make JI hard to visit.[/QUOTE]

The two qb's that preceded him were Leinert and John David Booty. both of them from a winning organization, a winning team, and has a history of having good players come from the school (USC - just in case you were wondering).

Oh and they both suck!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CanadaSteve;3102029]yes this post is kinda silly

I did not want Sanchez, but we did not give up that much

[B]Also, about 6 million came off the books.....enough to say resign Leon and Jones[/B]?[/QUOTE]

Good point. I am liking the trade more and more as time goes on. :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=el_dub80;3102018]Wow, I just got home an I saw what we gave up. We couldn't give up Eric Ainge? We had to give up 1st, 2nd AND three other players? AND Brett Ratliff? WTF ?????? :steamin:[/QUOTE]

Boy, you put an awfully high value on our scrubs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetfan_Johnny;3102037]The two qb's that preceded him were Leinert and John David Booty. both of them from a winning organization, a winning team, and has a history of having good players come from the school (USC - just in case you were wondering).

Oh and they both suck![/QUOTE]
    Both of whom had the likes of Reggie Bush, Dwayne Jarrett, Mike Williams, Fred Davis, Steve Smith, etc. surrounding them.

I won't claim to be a huge USC fan, but the only offensive playmaker on the 2009 team is McKnight. Correct me if I'm wrong, seriously.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tomorrow I will be on board with the Sanchez era. Today I HATE THE DEAL.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetfan_Johnny;3102037]The two qb's that preceded him were Leinert and John David Booty. both of them from a winning organization, a winning team, and has a history of having good players come from the school (USC - just in case you were wondering).

Oh and they both suck![/QUOTE]

I guess you limited "players" to only QBs. Good for you.

Read the post properly next time, and respond to me only when I address you first.

Thanks.