Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tannebaum Allowed Mangini To Rape The Jets

[QUOTE=SUJets1988;3102046]Both of whom had the likes of Reggie Bush, Dwayne Jarrett, Mike Williams, Fred Davis, Steve Smith, etc. surrounding them.

I won't claim to be a huge USC fan, but the only offensive playmaker on the 2009 team is McKnight. Correct me if I'm wrong, seriously.[/QUOTE]

My point was that because he comes from a winning program and has won games doesnt mean he is a franchise qb.

The same Sanhez in next years draft is a mid first round pick. but today he is tghe face of the franchise?

Tomorrow i will be on board with the Sanchez era but today I think he made our biggest mistake in a long time.

[QUOTE=John_0515;3102058]I guess you limited "players" to only QBs. Good for you.

Read the post properly next time, and respond to me only when I address you first.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I limited players to ones who matter in any comparison , becuase they are cranking out LB's like crazy does nothing for the argument for drafting the qb

Veteran
    Leinart---blows
    Sanchez---megablows

Franchise QB!....his throws will never make it in the NFL....N.E.V.E.R.....just like Pennington...another "almost-could-be-maybe" QB.

Trust me, with all the hate going around Kenyon Coleman.....he will be missed....not because he's great..but becuase the guys behind him are not better.

Elam....yeah, he will be missed too....God forbid we say the INJURY word around here..and either Leonard or Rhodes get injured.....oh..sorry I forgot those guys are unbreakable.

Rattliff...he will be missed too....the guy that got everyone excited with preseason games...yes, he will be missed.......How many times has Clemens gotten people excited in his preseason appearances?

And let's not forget how long it takes these college QB primadonnas to "get used to" the pro league.

Eff Tannenfatso...and his boyfriend Sanchez.

[QUOTE=Jetfan_Johnny;3102061]My point was that because he comes from a winning program and has won games doesnt mean he is a franchise qb.

The same Sanhez in next years draft is a mid first round pick. but today he is tghe face of the franchise?

Tomorrow i will be on board with the Sanchez era but today I think he made our biggest mistake in a long time.[/QUOTE]
    I understand that coming from a winning program doesn't make a franchise QB.

Just making the point that it appears that Sanchez did it with significantly less talent (NFL first and second rounders) than Booty and Leinart. As for the defense, can't deny that USC was sick in that regard this year.

[QUOTE=Jets Fanatic;3102076]Leinart---blows
    Sanchez---megablows

Franchise QB!....his throws will never make it in the NFL....N.E.V.E.R.....just like Pennington...another "almost-could-be-maybe" QB.

Trust me, with all the hate going around Kenyon Coleman.....he will be missed....not because he's great..but becuase the guys behind him are not better.

Elam....yeah, he will be missed too....God forbid we say the INJURY word around here..and either Leonard or Rhodes get injured.....oh..sorry I forgot those guys are unbreakable.

Rattliff...he will be missed too....the guy that got everyone excited with preseason games...yes, he will be missed.......How many times has Clemens gotten people excited in his preseason appearances?

And let's not forget how long it takes these college QB primadonnas to "get used to" the pro league.

Eff Tannenfatso...and his boyfriend Sanchez.[/QUOTE]
    C'mon man, really? If Rhodes or Leonhard go down, you can probably find 3 guys in free agency that are as good as Elam.

You're nitpicking here.

[QUOTE=Jets Fanatic;3102076]Leinart---blows
    Sanchez---megablows

Eff Tannenfatso...and his boyfriend Sanchez.[/QUOTE]

You should protest this move by not posting on this board anymore.

All League
    Even Tx liked the deal. It can't be that bad.

All League
    [QUOTE=XingDaorong;3102020]Raped us out of what? A backup SS who gives up 3 TDs for every one he created? An overpaid DE who can easily be replaced by Marques Douglas? A former UDFA who was struggling in our minicamp?[/QUOTE]

+1. Thank You.

[QUOTE=Untouchable;3102031]LOL

We basically got a potential franchise QB for a 2nd round pick.

Coleman is the only guy out of the group of players we gave up that you can consider a starter and he's only a "solid" one at that. Elam was set to backup Leonhard at SS and Ratliff has done nothing other than complete two deep balls against the Browns' 3rd string defense in the pre-season.

As for Sanchez, his poise and stance are only a few of the attributes that add to him being a bluechip QB prospect. Seriously, I've yet to hear anyone in the media or on this board that have given me any legit reasons as to why Sanchez won't amount to a franchise QB other than his lack of ideal starts at the collegiate level. Everything else he has. A good arm, great accuracy, terrific pocket awareness, a quick release, great leadership abilities, and the "it" factor that few QB's seem to be labeled with.

Seriously, if you don't like Sanchez as a prospect, then please give me a few more reasons other than "he doesn't have a cannon for an arm" or "he doesn't have the ideal amount of starts at the college level".[/QUOTE]

B-b-b-but it's risky!

Veteran
    We're back to the Pennington era...just that his last name is Sanchez now.

[QUOTE=tedtedthefootballhead;3102086]Even Tx liked the deal. It can't be that bad.[/QUOTE]

I don't trust TX, the Patriots had an absolutely phenomenal draft today (Chung, Butler, Brace), maybe he's feeling generous. :D

Obviosly i didn't like the move.

I will not be one of the annoying who ride that point forever. I hope I am very very wrong i really do and tomorrow i will be on board with the Sanchez era

Today i think we screwed ourselves.
    Last edited by Jetfan_Johnny; 04-25-2009 at 10:13 PM.

[QUOTE=Jets Fanatic;3102092]We're back to the Pennington era...just that his last name is Sanchez now.[/QUOTE]

If it's the Pennington who beat the Colts 41-0 then sign me up. Sanchez fits this offense perfectly, just give the guy a shot JF and imo you won't be disappointed.

Veteran
    The only reason the Jets made thsi move was trying to recreate everyting that Baltimore did...
    Hire a coordinator as your Head Coach
    In the process, pass over your your own young coordinator
    Draft a QB.....and HOPE that it actually works

[QUOTE=Jets Fanatic;3102101]The only reason the Jets made thsi move was trying to recreate everyting that Baltimore did...
    Hire a coordinator as your Head Coach
    In the process, pass over your your own young coordinator
    Draft a QB.....and HOPE that it actually works[/QUOTE]

At some point you have to take a risk on a QB if you want to be a successful franchise, there's no "safe" QB pick no matter what the experts say. Sanchez has the arm strength, accuracy, and knowledge of the West Coast offense to make an immidiate impact on our team for the better. He has Leon Washington, TJ, Cotchery, Keller, a solid O-Line, and a Rex Ryan defense to help smooth the transition.

When it comes right down to it, strictly the business side was great for the Jets. They give up the 3 guys and an extra pick for a great opportunity.

Whether or not you bash the trade itself though is completely based on whether or not you think Mark Sanchez can be a legitimate starting QB in the NFL. Whether or not you do now is irrelevant, it's not even May yet. We won't know if this really worked out for sure for about 3 years or so, until he has a chance to settle in.

So I don't see how you can say Tannenbaum did anything but a terrific job. You have to do things like this to win. You have to like that he tries to improve the team the way he does.

And you can sit here and debate how good Sanchez is or isn't, but until he has stepped onto the field in a regular season NFL game, you won't know.

[QUOTE=Jetfan_Johnny;3102037]The two qb's that preceded him were Leinert and John David Booty. both of them from a winning organization, a winning team, and has a history of having good players come from the school (USC - just in case you were wondering).

Oh and they both suck![/QUOTE]

Yeah and Carson Palmer sucks too right? Right...........

[QUOTE=Jets Fanatic;3102092]We're back to the Pennington era...just that his last name is Sanchez now.[/QUOTE]
    I wish we had had Pennington last year with the team we had last year looking back. He was EXACTLY what we needed at QB. If Sanchez were to become what Pennington is capable of being, SIGN ME UP!!!

All Pro
    They got raped to the tune of giving 3 bench players and 2nd rd pick to move up 12 spots in the 1st rd? :huh:

[QUOTE=Jetfan_Johnny;3102061]My point was that because he comes from a winning program and has won games doesnt mean he is a franchise qb.

Tomorrow i will be on board with the Sanchez era but today I think he made our biggest mistake in a long time.[/QUOTE]

He was seen as a mid first round pick when he came out this year. The major reason being his lack of starts. As teams got over the experience factor this offseason he started shooting up draft boards. Sanchez with another year of college ball under his belt he would have been a bonafide top 5 pick next year. Certainly top 10.