Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It was a no brainer.

Jets Insider VIP

It was a no brainer.

Look at it this way, if we took Crabtree people would find reasons why we did not draft Sanchez. It would have been the same argument like D'Brick and Lienhart in 2006. The "Only 16 starts" debate is bull ****. Sure he had 16 starts but it's not like he was playing in a phony conference facing no real competition. Falcons took Ryan, Ravens took Flacco.. MEANWHILE they had Boller who IMO is better than having a Clemens, or a Ratliff. Sanchez has great potential, and a great arm. He makes great throws, and played stellar in those 16 starts.

On to the WR position.. I think finding a great QB is harder to find in the later rounds than it is to find a WR. Sure that's not necessarily true but im very confident we can draft a solid receiver tomorrow in the 3rd round.

I'd like to think we took a giant leap ahead today with picking Mark Sanchez. There is a reason why he is so highly touted. Plus let's see how Cotchery and Clowney and Stuckey do.

Let's face it, we haven't had a burner in YEARS.. but guys like Coles and Cotchery have done fine with sub par QB's. With a strong QB to lead an offense the rest of the pieces will follow.

Im very very excited.. and our draft is not over.. we may find a Jerry Rice :D

The past few days have been rocky with me on here.. but today has totally let that subside for me.

It's a great time Jets fans.. countdown to TRAINING CAMP :)

Soooo....you are NOT done with JI? :huh:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FF2;3102291]Soooo....you are NOT done with JI? :huh:[/QUOTE]

Idk.. today I just had to post. Too excited.

Veteran
    Good move by the JETS.

It was. From a business/front office standpoint. If I had heard about this trade and found the Jets didn't do it, I'd find Tanny and shoot him. From his point of view, you can't not do this.

[QUOTE=SBIII;3102298]Idk.. today I just had to post. Too excited.[/QUOTE]

OK. So you are done with JI.

POSSIBLY?

Banned

Did you get a woody?

how very TX-like of you :rolleyes:

stick to mock drafts.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=BIGKIDD325;3102303]It was. From a business/front office standpoint. If I had heard about this trade and found the Jets didn't do it, I'd find Tanny and shoot him. From his point of view, you can't not do this.[/QUOTE]

IF we got down to 5 and took someone other than Sanchez.. WE WOULD hear so much **** from beat reporters, fans.. etc. etc. Same ole Jets..

Today the Jets made a bold move, and imo the right one.

[QUOTE=Dirtstar;3102313]how very TX-like of you :rolleyes:

stick to mock drafts.[/QUOTE]

Nice Sig.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

wtf

when is rookie mini camp?

Hall Of Fame
    The stadium will be rockin' next year. :yes:

Banned
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;3102313]how very TX-like of you :rolleyes:

[/QUOTE]

Mods, that is a personal attack.

Dirt needs to be banned

I dont feel like goin to wikipedia but im pretty sure jerry rice was drafter 16 or 22 or something, definitely in the first round.

Other than that tho, we got our man and its a good day to be a jets fan.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=MainManMickens24;3102389]I dont feel like goin to wikipedia but im pretty sure jerry rice was drafter 16 or 22 or something, definitely in the first round.

Other than that tho, we got our man and its a good day to be a jets fan.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't saying he was a late pick, I was saying, im saying we can find a great receiver..

Jets Insider VIP
    Cool. a long thought out post by SB.... I must have been away from JI for too long.

Wow, I guess I'm among the minority because I think this was one collossal blunder. Mangini absolutely raided our roster for........Sanchez????? What the hell has Sanchez done? He played ok in the Rose Bowl and that's his entire resume? I don't understand this at all. We gave up 5 players for Sanchez???????? Including Brett Ratliff????? I'm going to be physically ill. I DO NOT understand this at all. :huh:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=el_dub80;3102417]Wow, I guess I'm among the minority because I think this was one collossal blunder. Mangini absolutely raided our roster for........Sanchez????? What the hell has Sanchez done? He played ok in the Rose Bowl and that's his entire resume? I don't understand this at all. We gave up 5 players for Sanchez???????? Including Brett Ratliff????? I'm going to be physically ill. I DO NOT understand this at all. :huh:[/QUOTE]

I sense sarcasm!

[QUOTE=SBIII;3102434]I sense sarcasm![/QUOTE]

Sorry, no sarcasm - I'm going to be physically ill :steamin: