Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time For Sanity To Return To The Board ...

going into the draft i did not want the jets to take any QB in the 1st round. i did not want them trading up for Sanchez and i did not want them taking Freeman. When they made the trade for Sanchez I was sure they would have had to have given up next years #1. after seeing what they traded i became more excited about the deal. I'm on board but here are my concerns now:

1. signing Sanchez. he is going to call for a contract somewhere in between Stafford and what Matt Ryan got last year. That means about 35-40mil guaranteed. I do not want to see this guy miss 1 day of training camp but I am fearful that this is what will happen. Since the jets made the move to trade up to getting, he better be starting in week 1.

2. WR depth: we have nothing. Cotchery is solid but beyond that we are thinner than any team in the league. with only a 6th round pick left, this remains a huge concern. I would have rather seen them draft a WR than trade up for Green in the 3rd, but I hope he proves me wrong.

3. blocking TE: we cut Baker so right now Keller is the starter. He is a solid reciever but his blocking is suspect. We expect to run the ball down the other teams throat. We need a good blocking TE to do this effectively.

can anyone please ease my fears?

All League
    Watching Sanchez during his first press conference he definitely has the
    presentation and articulation skills that you want in a franchise QB. Let's
    hope they translate onto the field.