Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did you guys enjoy the Jets draft???

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you guys enjoy the Jets draft???

Because it's all but over for us unless we start trading away next years draft picks. :dunno:

We have one more pick in the 6th round and that's all folks.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    our wr corps its probably the worst in the nfl.. And our QB situation is just as bad as it was entering the draft. Whether or not Sanchez pans out, he is not going to be ready to start week 1, not a chance..

that being said... this draft in my eyes, was a misstep

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, I'm satisfied.

Even if we're basically done we still walk away with a potential franchise QB and an excellent compliment to Leon in the running game.

Not too shabby I'd say.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are never happy! We got a Franchise QB for basically nothing in moving from 17 to 5 and still you are not happy? We FLEECED Manjerky and still you are not happy.

Is it because you have noithing more to watch today until pre season begins?

I just dont get you guys at all...If they do you're pissed, if they do not, you're pissed, what do you all want?

Sanchez will start from day 1 a la Flacco, Ryan et al and you all will be writing apologetic posts come Sept.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;3103148]Hey, I'm satisfied.

Even if we're basically done we still walk away with a potential franchise QB and an excellent compliment to Leon in the running game.

Not too shabby I'd say.[/QUOTE]

If all our holes were filled I'd say sure great.

This is the 2nd draft out of the last 3 that we are only walking away with 3 or 4 players and we still have needs to be filled.

I hope now that the Jets get back to building for the future and get away from this here and now mentallity.

[B]Enough with the stupid PSL's already Woody Johnson!! Enough!![/B] :steamin:

We are hurting for depth at key positions and this trading away the whole draft bullsh!t isn't helping.

We get some injuries this season and we're screwed.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 04-26-2009 at 10:49 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3103112]Because it's all but over for us unless we start trading away next years draft picks. :dunno:

We have one more pick in the 6th round and that's all folks.[/QUOTE]

It's not all ARod..You have a bunch of UDFA's,The june 1st cuts and the cuts before the season starts..Keep in mind Bart Scott and the DMVP this past season were UDFA'a...;)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ASH_1962;3103161]You guys are never happy! We got a Franchise QB for basically nothing in moving from 17 to 5 and still you are not happy? We FLEECED Manjerky and still you are not happy.

Is it because you have noithing more to watch today until pre season begins?

I just dont get you guys at all...If they do you're pissed, if they do not, you're pissed, what do you all want?

Sanchez will start from day 1 a la Flacco, Ryan et al and you all will be writing apologetic posts come Sept.[/QUOTE]

you guys are calling this guy a franchise QB without him playing a single down in the NFL. Absolutely hysterical..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=leJETimate;3103175]you guys are calling this guy a franchise QB without him playing a single down in the NFL. Absolutely hysterical..[/QUOTE]

Ryan Leaf and Akili Smith were called franchise QB's the day they were drafted.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=leJETimate;3103175]you guys are calling this guy a franchise QB without him playing a single down in the NFL. Absolutely hysterical..[/QUOTE]

let me guess you would rather have Maclin or Harvin?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3103188]Ryan Leaf and Akili Smith were called franchise QB's the day they were drafted.[/QUOTE]

its really sad that you are the voice of reason...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3103171]It's not all ARod..You have a bunch of UDFA's,The june 1st cuts and the cuts before the season starts..Keep in mind Bart Scott and the DMVP this past season were UDFA'a...;)[/QUOTE]

I know savage, but, I think the Jets need to go back to trying to get more out of the draft.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Thrilled with the draft. The picks we made were not about 2009 - they're about the next 5-10 years. And we've got a Rex Ryan-led defense to pick up the slack in the meantime.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3103202]I know savage, but, I think the Jets need to go back to trying to get more out of the draft.[/QUOTE]

You would have loved the years like when we drafted Joe??

New York Jets Draft 1965
    Round (pick) Player Position College
    1 from Den Namath, Joe QB Alabama
    1 Nowatzke, Tom FB Indiana
    2 Huarte, John QB Notre Dame
    3 Biggs, Verlon DE Jackson State
    4 Schweickert, Bob HB Virginia Tech
    5 Sasser, Glenn DE North Carolina State
    6 Hoovler, Don LB Ohio University
    7 Harris, Jim DT Utah State
    7 from Oak Roberts, Archie QB Columbia
    8 McCurdy, Rick DE Oklahoma
    9 Sidle, Jimmy HB Auburn
    10 Lambert, Frank P Mississippi
    11 Gray, Jim DB Toledo
    12 Berrington, John LB-C Iowa State
    13 Utz, Sonny FB Virginia Tech
    14 Plumlee, Gary DT-DE New Mexico
    15 Burt, Jim DB Western Kentucky
    16 Cartwright, Seth DT Prairie View A&M
    17 Browning, Charles DB Washington
    18 Choice to Denver - -
    19 Dudek, Frank OG Xavier
    20 Allen, Troy DB Western Michigan

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=K-Met57;3103196]let me guess you would rather have Maclin or Harvin?[/QUOTE]

If there was a player with the type of talent id define as a franchise QB then I'd be thrilled with this move. I am an avid USC fan, and I can tell you right now, I was never high on Sanchez. When the earliest mocks came out and he was projected at 17 I didnt like it. Now we jump to 5 to get him (I will admit, we got it at a great price, gave up barely nothing). That being said, Just because he was the "2nd rated" QB of this draft doesnt make him a FRANCHISE QB. A franchise QB is the likes of brady, manning, roethlisberger, etc. Just because this guy was the 2nd QB taken doesn't mean he is going to be good. Its one thing to draft a QB and take a chance, Its another to do it when the talent is there. MY OPINION is he is not going to be a pro bowl type QB. Average at best. Thats my opinion. It was my opinion back in January, It was my opinion in March, and its my opinion today. I hope to god Im wrong.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im not to happy with this draft at all.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3103218]Thrilled with the draft. The picks we made were not about 2009 - they're about the next 5-10 years. And we've got a Rex Ryan-led defense to pick up the slack in the meantime.[/QUOTE]

I disagree about the Greene pick---This could've been made for 2009. Them trading up and giving away more pics to get a RB could say a lot about their plans for Thomas Jones. If he's traded, which is very possible now, Greene could start from the get-go.

I love Shonn Greene
    Last edited by LockeJET; 04-26-2009 at 11:08 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    First of all, I'm not arguing with the picks of Sanchez and Green, they all sound like a couple of players that could really improve our team.

My problem is once again, coming away with only 3 players in a draft where EVERY jets fan knew that there were multiple holes and needs; mostly on offense.

Each and every year Tanny seems perfectly willing to ignore depth concerns. And every Jets fan knows there are depth concerns all over this team.

I mean, honestly, couldn't they just have waited for the BPA when there picks came up rather than giving up multiple picks and players to get TWO players.

Hell, I don't even mind that approach, but that approach is for a team that believes going into a football season that they are basically championship destined and they have very needs to address.

Well, does ANY Jets fan believe the above is the description of the 2009 New York Jets?

That's really what this whole philosophy all boils down to.......

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LockeJET;3103238]I disagree about the Greene pick---This could've been made for 2009. Them trading up and giving away more pics to get a RB could say a lot about their plans for Thomas Jones. If he's traded, which is very pissible now, Greene could start from the get-go.

I love Shonn Greene[/QUOTE]

Cool, even better to hear that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=leJETimate;3103231] I am an avid USC fan, and I can tell you right now, I was never high on Sanchez. [/QUOTE]

You're in the extreme minority. My cell was ringing off the hook yesterday from friends who are USC fans, congratulating me on the Jets picking up Sanchez. I watched every snap he took and went to the USC/UCLA game and I think he's going to have a great career.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3103264]You're in the extreme minority. My cell was ringing off the hook yesterday from friends who are USC fans, congratulating me on the Jets picking up Sanchez. I watched every snap he took and went to the USC/UCLA game and I think he's going to have a great career.[/QUOTE]

Oh, so then you are basing your like for this guy when USC WR had ****ty PAC 10 seconday beat down field by 10-15+ yards.. All sanchez had to do, was drop back (10 yards behind the line of scrimmage, bc NFL QB actually do that) get a running start, and throw a ball to a wide open reciever down field. Fresno State has a great secondary don't they? Give me a break. I take it you watched the Oregon State game too? Guy had a less then stellar career at USC and was less productive then Palmer, Leinhart, and even JDB! give me a break dude