Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did you guys enjoy the Jets draft???

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=leJETimate;3103175]you guys are calling this guy a franchise QB without him playing a single down in the NFL. Absolutely hysterical..[/QUOTE]

You seem like a quarterback guru, i should probably take your word for it...:rolleyes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MainManMickens24;3103299]You seem like a quarterback guru, i should probably take your word for it...:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

You guys are clueless, look how many 1st rd QB have been taken in the past decade, let me know the % of QB's that turned out to be FRANCHISE players. I WANT THIS GUY TO TURN OUT TO BE GREAT. But don't label him the franchise when he hasnt played a down in the NFL. :steamin:

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=leJETimate;3103289]Oh, so then you are basing your like for this guy when USC WR had ****ty PAC 10 seconday beat down field by 10-15+ yards.. All sanchez had to do, was drop back (10 yards behind the line of scrimmage, bc NFL QB actually do that) get a running start, and throw a ball to a wide open reciever down field. Fresno State has a great secondary don't they? Give me a break. I take it you watched the Oregon State game too? Guy had a less then stellar career at USC and was less productive then Palmer, Leinhart, and even JDB! give me a break dude[/QUOTE]

I didn't see any of things you claim to have seen. And neither did anyone else I know, among them many USC season ticket holders.

"Leinhart"? lol, I'm sure you're a real big USC fan. And great call on Fresno State. Too bad USC didn't play them last season :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3103112]Because it's all but over for us unless we start trading away next years draft picks. :dunno:

We have one more pick in the 6th round and that's all folks.[/quote]

Bro' we started the draft with 4 picks and 4 needs to fill. Right now we've used 2 and have 1 left. We had an amazing off-season addressing the D, have addressed the O in the draft and got the guys we wanted.

Are you this upset that we have 1 less pick than we did to start the draft?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Sanchez turns out to be a great QB and Greene steps in and adds a true inside runner who can move the pile this will be the best draft since the mid 60's.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow i wake up to find that we traded up..again...for marcel shipp... so no defense. jesus f*ck. no depth, no picks.... sigh.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not too excited about anything yet because, as always, it's up to the coaches to develop and get the most out of the players. This year's draft isn't particularly loaded with standout talent, and part of the Sanchez move kinda feels like the Jets didn't want to repeat the Leinart bungling. I wish Sanchez all the luck in the world. It would be nice to get an immediate-impact stud WR from somewhere, somehow.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DowntownScience;3103384][B]Bro' we started the draft with 4 picks and 4 needs to fill. Right now we've used 2 and have 1 left.

Are you this upset that we have 1 less pick than we did to start the draft?[/B][/QUOTE]

:eek: [B]Dude what planet are you from????[/B]

We started this draft with 6 picks. [B]We [U]HAD[/U] a pick in every round but the 5th initially.[/B]

We will end up with only 3. One in the 1st, one in the 3rd and one in the 6th.

That's half the picks we started with and we still have needs at DE, OG, OT and WR so yeah I'm a little ticked off.

And I don't have any high hopes for anybody that we pick up in the 6th round. Maybe we'll get lucky, but, the odds are definitely against us.

Forgive me for my concern over our lack of depth at a number of key positions. :rolleyes:
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 04-26-2009 at 01:17 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;3103394]If Sanchez turns out to be a great QB and Greene steps in and adds a true inside runner who can move the pile this will be the best draft since the mid 60's.[/QUOTE]

Not a great idea to base your draft on "IF"...iF you keep your picks you can draft more players and cut down the % of " IF "....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3103188]Ryan Leaf and Akili Smith were called franchise QB's the day they were drafted.[/QUOTE]

So were Eli Manning, Roethlisberger, and Philip Rivers and how did that turn out, PatsFlameTx?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsNOW!;3103570]I'm not too excited about anything yet because, as always, it's up to the coaches to develop and get the most out of the players. This year's draft isn't particularly loaded with standout talent, [B]and part of the Sanchez move kinda feels like the Jets didn't want to repeat the Leinart bungling[/B]. I wish Sanchez all the luck in the world. It would be nice to get an immediate-impact stud WR from somewhere, somehow.[/QUOTE]

What Leinhart bungling are you referring to??

The Jets passed on Leinhart and rightfully so.

What has Leinhart accomplished since he's been drafted??? Nothing.

Hopefully, The Jets are right about Sanchez, but, I am not convinced yet.

It will take more than the NFL analysts singing Sanchez's praises to convince me that he was worth the pick.

I am on the fence with it.

I am trying to be cautiously optimistic, but, I'm finding it pretty hard right now.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 04-26-2009 at 01:26 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3103829]That's half the picks we started with and we still have needs at DE, [B]OG, OT[/B] and WR so yeah I'm a little ticked off.[/QUOTE]

These are not needs, not sure which oline you were watching last year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really loved this draft.

Rex Ryan and our front office addressed the defensive side of the ball during the offseason with the addition of Bart Scott, Litto Sheppard and Jim Leonard and we also did a really good job by bringing in Douglas on the D-Line which gave us the room to include Coleman in the trade to land our Franchise QB.

[B]Bart Scott-[/B] David Harris and Bart Scott should make for one of the best 1-2 Punches @ IMLB for this Jets 3-4 Defense while playing behind Kris Jenkins, are you kidding me? This Defense can be TOUGH to run against here in 2009.

[B]Litto Sheppard-[/B] This man improves our whole secondary. Ty Law who? The days of opposing #2 WR's dominating our secondary are over thanks to Litto Sheppard because when healthy, this man is elite, ask any Eagles fan and they will agree 90% of the time. This also means that Dwight Lowery can learn under Revis and Sheppard as our Nickel/Dime back.

[B]Jim Leonard[/B]- We finially have a complete Safety opposite of Kerry Rhodes which is huge because this means Kerry Rhodes can be more aggressive as far as blitzing goes because Abram Elam was a HORRID Safety in terms of playing the pass...The man was lost out there.

And with the draft...We addressed the Offensive side of the ball with a Franchise QB in Mark Sanchez and a RB in Shonn Greene who I had as the 2nd best RB in this years draft only behind Moreno. This player in Shonn Greene will improve our Red Zone/Goal Line Offense because he's a big back with great vision who can actually MOVE the pile. Just watch this mans youtube highlights, how can you not get pumped up about this kid? He's a pro-Style running back who moves his feet @ all times.

With our last pick, I would love to draft a 3-4 DE to spell Ellis/Douglas here in 2009.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet#24Eventually;3103872][B]These are not needs, not sure which oline you were watching last year[/B].[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me??

We have major needs on the O-Line.

Our starting O-Line is more than adequate.

You get one injury on that line and a starter goes down and we have big problems.

Woody is 31 and turns 32 in November. Faneca is 32 and turns 33 in December.

If you think they are a lock to start all 16 games without getting dinged up, then you are very, very naive.

We were very lucky last year being injury free along the O-Line because [B]we have [U]NO QUALITY DEPTH[/U] behind them.[/B]
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 04-26-2009 at 01:36 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;3103394]If Sanchez turns out to be a great QB and Greene steps in and adds a true inside runner who can move the pile this will be the best draft since the mid 60's.[/QUOTE]
    And if Sanchez proves to be vaporware based on an extremely limited resume, and if Greene turns out to be a back who cannot rely on driving his way through defenders at the pro level then it will almost be as if we skipped our draft altogether. Except for the sixrty-some odd million that Sanchez is going to get from us. Oh, and the brace of productive and cheap utility players we sent to Cleveland to provide lubrication for whichever side was being raped here.

I am not sure where I stand on the deal Winston except to saay that once again we are the splashy front office making headline news whereas the non-splashy front offices around the league are the ones who seem to have all the rings. We are trading up into the part of the draft that requires an absurd contract to close the deal. We will now have two of those. Other franchise are trading down out of those lofty heights to get more picks in the meaty part of the draft (bottom of round-1 through round-4).

I think we are looking at 2-3 years at best for Sanchez to grow into the position and some very frustrating times between now and then. And that is the best of the prospects we are looking at.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    At some point Phil Esposito was making desperation trades to try and save himself from the consequences of his poor decision making on earlier trades. Isaiah Thomes was the same way. Maybe worse. It is a natural thing. Look at the AIG traders or the Enron energy traders when the house of cards sarted to collapse. They were bankrupt anyway so the only chance of salvation was a double-down on the bet with someone else's money.

Mike Tannenbaum has made headline news almost every year with the splashy free agent signings and the huge "gets".

Mike T. has survived one purge of a coaching staff that he put into place. A purge for good reason mind you. This deal has all the stink of something designed to buy him more time because after all, who can expect a young franchise QB to develop in one or even two years.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3103871]What Leinhart bungling are you referring to??

The Jets passed on Leinhart and rightfully so.

What has Leinhart accomplished since he's been drafted??? Nothing.
    [/QUOTE]

I thought it was a mistake, and there's no telling that his career to date in Arizona would've been the same in NY. The Sanchez pick feels partly like a redo, to see if taking a USC-Pete Carroll QB from OC was the correct move all along.

I was actually looking forward to seeing Clemens and Ratliff duke it out. We're probably in better hands now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3103112]Because it's all but over for us unless we start trading away next years draft picks. :dunno:

We have one more pick in the 6th round and that's all folks.[/QUOTE]

Outside of yesterdays trade up for Sanchez it has been a completely uneventful draft for the Jets.....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=leJETimate;3103289]Oh, so then you are basing your like for this guy when USC WR had ****ty PAC 10 seconday beat down field by 10-15+ yards.. All sanchez had to do, was drop back (10 yards behind the line of scrimmage, bc NFL QB actually do that) get a running start, and throw a ball to a wide open reciever down field. Fresno State has a great secondary don't they? Give me a break. I take it you watched the Oregon State game too? Guy had a less then stellar career at USC and was less productive then Palmer, Leinhart, and even JDB! give me a break dude[/QUOTE]

PSU had a very good secondary this year and Sanchez ripped them up in the rose bowl. Who knows how he's going to do in the NFL but I wouldn't compare him to Leinart, two different qb's for sure.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsNOW!;3104003]I thought it was a mistake, and there's no telling that his career to date in Arizona would've been the same in NY. The Sanchez pick feels partly like a redo, to see if taking a USC-Pete Carroll QB from OC was the correct move all along.

I was actually looking forward to seeing Clemens and Ratliff duke it out. We're probably in better hands now.[/QUOTE]

No way to tell.

We will only know the answer to that when we see how Ratliff pans out for Cleveland and Sanchez pans out here.

I personally think Sanchez has no chance of starting this season.

I don't care how similar they says USC's offense is to ours.

Schotty's offense is one of the most complex in the NFL, and Clemens has been immersed in it for 3 full seasons.

Couple that fact with the early reports of Clemens minicamp performance and I think Sanchez will be very hard-pressed to start this season unless Clemens gets injured some how.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 04-26-2009 at 02:03 PM.