Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Did you guys enjoy the Jets draft???

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3104018]No way to tell.

We will only know the answer to that when we see how Ratliff pans out for Cleveland and Sanchez pans out here.

I personally think Sanchez has no chance of starting this season.

I don't care how similar they says USC's offense is to ours.

Schotty's offense is one of the most complex in the NFL, and Clemens has been immeresed in it for 3 full seasons.

Couple that fact with the early reports of Clemens minicamp performance and I think Sanchez will be very hard-pressed to start this season unless Clemens gets injured some how.[/QUOTE]

Arod, I will make a friendly bet that Sanchez outplays KC sooner than later. He may not start game one, but he will be in there. He is a much better athlete, with better measureables, who came from a similar offense.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=hatnlvr;3104008]Outside of yesterdays trade up for Sanchez it has been a completely uneventful draft for the Jets.....[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me? Jet fans from TheGangGreen, Jet-Nation along with Educated posters from right here @ JetsInsider has been calling for the Jets to draft Shonne Greene or Jarron Gilbert during the 2nd or 3rd rounds for MONTHS now and would you like to know why? Because this kid is going to be a beast here @ the NFL level. He's a real talent and could be the steal of the 3rd round.

The Jets front office traded up for players such as Revis and Harris and we just traded up for Shonn Greene and thats because our front office LOVES what they have seen, this kid is a real potential talent.

I had him as the 2nd best running back behind Moreno and something tells me this Greene guy may have the better NFL career because he's a STRONG back and a back that runs north and south.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3103169]If all our holes were filled I'd say sure great.

This is the 2nd draft out of the last 3 that we are only walking away with 3 or 4 players and we still have needs to be filled.

I hope now that the Jets get back to building for the future and get away from this here and now mentallity.

[B]Enough with the stupid PSL's already Woody Johnson!! Enough!![/B] :steamin:

We are hurting for depth at key positions and this trading away the whole draft bullsh!t isn't helping.

We get some injuries this season and we're screwed.[/QUOTE]

You are absolutely correct in your assessment. However, most on this board think Joe Willie II is coming to town and are to blind to see that nothing has been done to address the other positions on the team.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :Dwell said.....some people just need something to complain about....I look at the players in the draft...we got a probably franchise QB and S. Greem is a very productive RB that had almost 1,900 rushing yards.....we still have time to get a WR in a possible trade....what the **** is anyone complaining about?

[QUOTE=ASH_1962;3103161]You guys are never happy! We got a Franchise QB for basically nothing in moving from 17 to 5 and still you are not happy? We FLEECED Manjerky and still you are not happy.

Is it because you have noithing more to watch today until pre season begins?

I just dont get you guys at all...If they do you're pissed, if they do not, you're pissed, what do you all want?

Sanchez will start from day 1 a la Flacco, Ryan et al and you all will be writing apologetic posts come Sept.[/QUOTE]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=One Eye;3104030]Arod, I will make a friendly bet that Sanchez outplays KC sooner than later. He may not start game one, but he will be in there.
    [B] He is a much better athlete, with better measureables, who came from a similar offense.[/QUOTE][/B]

Living on the west coast, I got to watch both guys play in college. IMO, Clemens has a better arm. Sanchez is slightly bigger and a little faster, but they both have good athletic ability. The area where Sanchez has an advantage is confidence. I believe this is the only thing that's held Kellen back.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, maybe we don't win the Super Bowl next year. Who cares. 41 years or something now. We weren't ever going to win it unless we tried to get a Franchise quarterback. I, lots of fans, our front office, believe that we did that yesterday.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :D so u are upset because we do not have more picks??? did you miss the additions the jets made in the offseason?:zzz:

[QUOTE=Paradis;3103498]wow i wake up to find that we traded up..again...for marcel shipp... so no defense. jesus f*ck. no depth, no picks.... sigh.[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfreak;3104074]:D so u are upset because we do not have more picks??? did you miss the additions the jets made in the offseason?:zzz:[/QUOTE]

yah, and did you miss how Shiitty our team played down the stretch last year? What we did in FA was necessary just to get us where we needed to be. I want our team to compete at the highest level.

..Lets say Jenkins back acts up and Harris's ankle isn't rehabing the way he hoped. Add in that Shepperd just doesn't play up to expectations. I hope none of the above, but WHAT IF... we have nothing to fall back on. Zip. Zero, Zilch. We've invested everything in a QB (2010) and run of the mill RB...

so ya, i'm not impressed, especially when our divisional rivals are putting on clinics on how to draft depth and versatility on their rosters

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=simijet;3104054][/B]

Living on the west coast, I got to watch both guys play in college. IMO, Clemens has a better arm. Sanchez is slightly bigger and a little faster, but they both have good athletic ability. The area where Sanchez has an advantage is confidence. I believe this is the only thing that's held Kellen back.[/QUOTE]

That's true, at least from a fan's perspective. Clemens doesn't exude much showmanship or leadership-quality character. Come to think of it, the guy's a drone, a parasitic deadbeat. I'm liking Sanchez already...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love the Sanchez pick more and more. Good guy, great pedigree, has the physical tools, extremely mature, extremely intelligent, great work ethic...I almost have no doubts about the pick. I really like that he's not just being handed the keys to the franchise this year too.

Don't like the Greene pick. Why couldn't we just draft a RB later? It's not like they're hard to find. I guess the fact that he combines low mileage with no injury history is nice.

We got good players, so it's not the end of the world. Theres bound to be some UFDAs to grab too.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not too happy with this year's draft: I don't gamble and Tanny definitely bet his house on a roll of the dice. Sanchez doesn't work out and it'll be on Tanny's headstone. And Woody's PSLs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shodan9999;3103830]Not a great idea to base your draft on "IF"...iF you keep your picks you can draft more players and cut down the % of " IF "....[/QUOTE]

If your GM busts out two drafts in a row on a top 10 pick he isn't getting you a trip to the SB by picking numbers. We have a new HC and the new HC loves this guy as does the OC and the GM. The biggest need on our team is a QB. We got maybe the best QB in this draft and next years draft at 5 giving up a 2 and some mediocre depth talent. If our management can't make the judgement and coach up the players it doesn't matter how many picks we have, we aren't beating the Pats in our own division.

We have an opportunity to develop the best QB in the division while Brady may well be on the back side of his career. I love the move, love it. If it blows up so what we go 4 and 12 instead of 9 & 7 for a few years until the next brain trust gets their shot.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfreak;3104074]:D so u are upset because we do not have more picks??? did you miss the additions the jets made in the offseason?:zzz:[/QUOTE]

I'm kind of pissed that we basically used 5 draft picks on 2 players and we still have some glaring needs Freak.

I can half understand trading up for Sanchez if the coaching staff is absolutely convinced he's the next Tom Brady - I am not yet.

But to toss away 3 draft picks on Greene was absurd, best running back left on the board or not - unless they are really considering releasing Thomas Jones very soon, we were totally fleased by Detroit on that trade in my opinion.

We had a chance to get a WR and at least a halfway decent O or D-Lineman or vice versa, that would have helped.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3104215]I'm kind of pissed that we basically used 5 draft picks on 2 players and we still have some glaring needs Freak.

I can half understand trading up for Sanchez if the coaching staff is absolutely convinced he's the next Tom Brady - I am not yet.

But to toss away 3 draft picks on Greene was absurd, best running back left on the board or not - unless they are really considering releasing Thomas Jones very soon, we were totally fleased by Detroit on that trade in my opinion.

We had a chance to get a WR and at least a halfway decent O or D-Lineman or vice versa, that would have helped.[/QUOTE]

We tossed away 2 draft picks on Greene not 3. We got their 3rd. So we truly only lost a 4 and 7. Again, If Greene turns into a stud, its well worth it..

Lets wait and see.