Thread: Did Greene really run a 4.65 40 at the combine?

Did Greene really run a 4.65 40 at the combine?

isn't that like really really slooooooow :eek:

Veteran
    [QUOTE=K-Met57;3103182]isn't that like really really slooooooow :eek:[/QUOTE]

He ran a 4.50 at his pro day

I thought I read that he ran a 4.51.

Regardless, watch his game tape. This guy isn't trying to run around the edge. He looks for contact and doesn't go down easily.

If we really want an all-weather offense, this was the perfect pick.

he's no burner

[QUOTE=Wallace Wright;3103192]I thought I read that he ran a 4.51.

Regardless, watch his game tape. This guy isn't trying to run around the edge. He looks for contact and doesn't go down easily.

If we really want an all-weather offense, this was the perfect pick.[/QUOTE]

If so hes faster than Knowshown Moreno. On film he has longer runs as well

All League
    Even if he is a 4.6 back. Doesnt really matter much. He rarely goes down on first hit. So he makes up for it by simply powering for those yards he losses due to being not as quick.

Plus as Ryan mentions, he has very good vision. And with our Line i think he will have some nice holes to run through.

[QUOTE=DE94Abraham;3103214]Even if he is a 4.6 back. Doesnt really matter much. He rarely goes down on first hit. So he makes up for it by simply powering for those yards he losses due to being not as quick.

Plus as Ryan mentions, he has very good vision. And with our Line i think he will have some nice holes to run through.[/QUOTE]

On point post DE!!!

Yes, and Darren McFadden had ran under a 4.3, and he runs away from no one in the NFL.

[QUOTE=j-rome;3103200]he's no burner[/QUOTE]

Every player can't be a burner,

Every player can't be a home run hitter,

Every player can't be a superstar.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=K-Met57;3103182]isn't that like really really slooooooow :eek:[/QUOTE]

yes..some clocks had him slower...

here's the thing about Greene, his running back instincts are iffy as he thinks to much rather than reactively hit the hole...now, he improved as the season progressed last season, his first as a starter and he doesn't have a lot of mileage on him...

personally I think Andre Brown was a better fit but the fact is Brown's injury history is scaring teams...

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3103266]yes..some clocks had him slower...

here's the thing about Greene, his running back instincts are iffy as he thinks to much rather than reactively hit the hole...now, he improved as the season progressed last season, his first as a starter and he doesn't have a lot of mileage on him...

personally I think Andre Brown was a better fit but the fact is Brown's injury history is scaring teams...[/QUOTE]

was he projected around where he was drafted?

yeah, and Moreno ran 4.62

neither guy looks slow in pads, running through opposing defenses.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=K-Met57;3103280]was he projected around where he was drafted?[/QUOTE]

yeh- probably a bit later but RB's have a tendency to slip....

[QUOTE=John_0515;3103228]Yes, and Darren McFadden had ran under a 4.3, and he runs away from no one in the NFL.[/QUOTE]

Silly comment. Darren Mcfadden after week two was never anywhere close to healthy.(bad case of turf toe) Watch how many players he runs awayn from this year.

[QUOTE=Raider9175;3104979]Silly comment. Darren Mcfadden after week two was never anywhere close to healthy.(bad case of turf toe) Watch how many players he runs awayn from this year.[/QUOTE]

Care to offer your reaction to the the Raiders first round pick yesterday?

what about there second round?? he was projected 7th rd or free agent..