Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TJ to Cleveland in an Edwards package?

TJ to Cleveland in an Edwards package?

No, this isn't a report, or even speculation, just a suggestion that might make sense. CLE needs a back, they're obviously open to trading with the Jets, and Mangini likes Jones.

Jones and a 2 for Edwards?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=doggin94it;3103251]No, this isn't a report, or even speculation, just a suggestion that might make sense. CLE needs a back, they're obviously open to trading with the Jets, and Mangini likes Jones.

Jones and a 2 for Edwards?[/QUOTE]

Sign me up!

we are not trading TJ.. Not only is it not speculation, but it is utterly retarded. Please, stop with this mindless banter

Jets Insider VIP
    I wouldn't mind it one bit. Seems like good value for both sides.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=leJETimate;3103258]we are not trading TJ.. Not only is it not speculation, but it is utterly retarded. Please, stop with this mindless banter[/QUOTE]

He might force us to. And the Jets don't seem willing to put up with his crap. Hence the trade up to snatch a RB.

I don't think that would get it done.

It'd have to be a 2nd, TJ, and maybe a 5th.

I would do this in a heartbeat.

[quote=leJETimate;3103258]we are not trading TJ.. Not only is it not speculation, but it is utterly retarded. Please, stop with this mindless banter[/quote]

Hi. Did you happen to notice the player we just selected in the 3rd round? You may want to go look it up before commenting further. thanks

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;3103251]No, this isn't a report, or even speculation, just a suggestion that might make sense. CLE needs a back, they're obviously open to trading with the Jets, and Mangini likes Jones.

Jones and a 2 for Edwards?[/QUOTE]
    I suggested the same thing in one of these other threads..

Cleveland drafted 2 WR's yesterday, so they almost have to move Edwards. They need a back, we don't, we obviously have a good relationship with Mangini.

Jones and an incentive based pick based on us resigning him..

This trade makes a lot of sense imo..

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I don't wan't to trade Jones. I like the idea of having a 3 headed monster. But if the Jones situation gets worse he could be dealt. Which is why the Jets just protected themsleves.

[QUOTE=doggin94it;3103344]Hi. Did you happen to notice the player we just selected in the 3rd round? You may want to go look it up before commenting further. thanks[/QUOTE]

Did I? Yes i've been watching the draft for quite some time... Also, I believe I saw an interview with Rex Ryan right after, and he clearly stated how he had 3 RB's in baltimore, and NOW WITH TJ, GREENE AND LEON, we will have a similar 'GROUND AND POUND' approach. His words not mine. So BEFORE YOU SPECULATE that drafting a 3rd ROUND RB, and NAMING HIM THE STARTER FOR WEEK 1, maybe you should think before you make up some dummy trade post.

[QUOTE=CTM;3103353]I suggested the same thing in one of these other threads..

Cleveland drafted 2 WR's yesterday, so they almost have to move Edwards. They need a back, we don't, we obviously have a good relationship with Mangini.

Jones and an incentive based pick based on us resigning him..

This trade makes a lot of sense imo..[/QUOTE]

Trading edwards makes sense: he wants out and mangini doesn't seem to like his attitute... After drafting two WR it almost seems inevitable... To the Jets? maybe, but doubtful... To the Jets for TJ? Not a chance

Rex ryan wants a running game with 3 rb's... not 2... not leon and a 3rd rounder that JI like to crown starter week 1... absolutely stupid

[QUOTE=leJETimate;3103258]we are not trading TJ.. Not only is it not speculation, but it is utterly retarded. Please, stop with this mindless banter[/QUOTE]

you like the way Thomas Jones looks, without his shirt.

ok. We get it.

trade him.

[quote=leJETimate;3103359]Did I? Yes i've been watching the draft for quite some time... Also, I believe I saw an interview with Rex Ryan right after, and he clearly stated how he had 3 RB's in baltimore, and NOW WITH TJ, GREENE AND LEON, we will have a similar 'GROUND AND POUND' approach. His words not mine. So BEFORE YOU SPECULATE that drafting a 3rd ROUND RB, and NAMING HIM THE STARTER FOR WEEK 1, maybe you should think before you make up some dummy trade post.[/quote]

:rolleyes:

well, i suppose if Ryan said that they don't need to trade TJ, then they must not be trading him :rolleyes:

BTW, have you heard how Godwin's law applies to ALL CAPS in message board posts?

All League
    [QUOTE=leJETimate;3103359]Did I? Yes i've been watching the draft for quite some time... Also, I believe I saw an interview with Rex Ryan right after, and he clearly stated how he had 3 RB's in baltimore, and NOW WITH TJ, GREENE AND LEON, we will have a similar 'GROUND AND POUND' approach. His words not mine. So BEFORE YOU SPECULATE that drafting a 3rd ROUND RB, and NAMING HIM THE STARTER FOR WEEK 1, maybe you should think before you make up some dummy trade post.[/QUOTE]

typical fans defending a JAG until they day they die. Before we spent MILLIONS on upgrading an offensive line Jones couldn't do **** even after we spent MILLIONS giving him a huge contract only to get one freakin' TD. Rewind his career and he was noted as a draft BUST and NEVER lived up to his expectations. He's a back that when surrounded by a superbowl worthy offensive line can only get it done all over the field except in the redzone. Even last year in his grand rushing season he was noted as being one of the statistically WORST in converting for a touchdown in the redzone. Yet your love affair with this JAG keeps you from realizing any of this.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;3103376]:rolleyes:

well, i suppose if Ryan said that they don't need to trade TJ, then they must not be trading him :rolleyes:

BTW, have you heard how Godwin's law applies to ALL CAPS in message board posts?[/QUOTE]

Haven't you heard? Rex would never lie to us!

We're still confident in the Clemens/Ratliff/Ainge trifecta!

Hall Of Fame
    At some point in all of these proposed trades for picks in future years you have to wonder what other teams are predicting that our record will be in 2009. For first or 2nd rounders there is a HUGE difference in value between the top of the round and the bottom of the round.

Where do other teams project the Jets to end up next year?

[QUOTE=FreshBaked 24 7;3103386]typical fans defending a JAG until they day they die. Before we spent MILLIONS on upgrading an offensive line Jones couldn't do **** even after we spent MILLIONS giving him a huge contract only to get one freakin' TD. Rewind his career and he was noted as a draft BUST and NEVER lived up to his expectations. He's a back that when surrounded by a superbowl worthy offensive line can only get it done all over the field except in the redzone. Even last year in his grand rushing season he was noted as being one of the statistically WORST in converting for a touchdown in the redzone. Yet your love affair with this JAG keeps you from realizing any of this.[/QUOTE]

+ 1000 points. You get it.

and yet "leJETimate" calls out other jets fans as being retarted. Priceless.

[QUOTE=doggin94it;3103376]:rolleyes:

BTW, have you heard how Godwin's law applies to ALL CAPS in message board posts?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I got carried away. I was trying to drive my point across. I apologize for the CAPS. Anyway, I was offended that you act like I didn't know the Jets traded up for a 3rd round RB. I was even more offended that Jet fans, like yourself, are trying to run Thomas Jones out of town. They guy is a workhorse. You can be mad about him not showing up at offseason workouts, but to tell me he is overrated or a "JAG." Give me a break. This team needs thomas jones as much as TJ needs the Jets. Is he a top 10 rb? I dont think so. Is Shonn Greene an NFL caliber #1, every down RB? I highly doubt it. No one really knows. So to trade TJ and give the keys to a 3rd round rookie back? Cmon Jet fans, wake up and smell the coffee.

[quote=EM31;3103397]At some point in all of these proposed trades for picks in future years you have to wonder what other teams are predicting that our record will be in 2009. For first or 2nd rounders there is a HUGE difference in value between the top of the round and the bottom of the round.

Where do other teams project the Jets to end up next year?[/quote]

Considering that the Browns are clearly not all that in love with their own QBs yet were also not particularly fans of Sanchez, I'm guessing CLE would expect the Jets to finish somewhere towards the middle of the pack or worse.