Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TJ to Cleveland in an Edwards package?

Quote Originally Posted by shodan9999 View Post
    Well Hess, I would not like to see you to do that....but if we did it...I would finish the beer Keg I had for yesterday !
    I would eat the keg!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Funny you should say that even with the terrible line in 07 TJ has avg about the same as Cumar in his 2 years(And on less carries)..So if he's a 2 year JAG doesn't that make Martin a 7 year Jag???
    Savage is wise.

Except the the extent of overpayment to Curtis was at least one order of magnitude greater than Jones.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Savage is wise.

Except the the extent of overpayment to Curtis was at least one order of magnitude greater than Jones.
    TJ is no CuMart.

And for all of those who think Shonn Greene is slow, I don't remember CuMart breaking away from any defenses when he won the rushing title in 04.

Because it makes so much sense.

Mangini just raped us and now he's gonna send us a gift by trading Edwards for washed up TJ and a 2nd round pick. What planet do you live on? The Browns already have a TJ clone in Jamal Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Because it makes so much sense.

Mangini just raped us and now he's gonna send us a gift by trading Edwards for washed up TJ and a 2nd round pick. What planet do you live on? The Browns already have a TJ clone in Jamal Lewis.
    thats the realistic view. your absolutely correct .... but we all remember how stupid the Man-gina actually was

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    TJ is no CuMart.

And for all of those who think Shonn Greene is slow, I don't remember CuMart breaking away from any defenses when he won the rushing title in 04.
    His longest run was 25 yds...And he had more carries then any other back to win by a yard..Thank God for 2 overtime games in 04..

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    His longest run was 25 yds...And he had more carries then any other back to win by a yard..Thank God for 2 overtime games in 04..
    Plus the fact that the Jets enjoyed playing one of the all time weak schedules that year and Alexander got screwed out of a contrect bonus by his coach who did not want him to win the rushing title in the final week.

Im not sure Mangini values Jones that much. If anything the Jets went away from him more than just a few times these last two years even when the situation dictated running.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    No, this isn't a report, or even speculation, just a suggestion that might make sense. CLE needs a back, they're obviously open to trading with the Jets, and Mangini likes Jones.

Jones and a 2 for Edwards?
    WOW.....we are of one mind Doggin....I was going to post the exact same thread, except I was going to through in our 7th this year or a 6th next year.