Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: And the Patriots continue to make the Jets look like Fools...

All League

And the Patriots continue to make the Jets look like Fools...

FIRST you STOCKPILE picks, THEN you have the luxury of moving up to grab your guy and still have room to move and picks to make...

Also gives them the luxury of drafting a STEAL like Brandon Tate....

STEAL of this draft.

Meanwhile, the Jets got 2 whole players from this draft and will go in with CRAP at WR.

Tate fell off Mayock's board completely and that's a steal?

Brandon Tate is a great pick. Pats having a solid draft.

[B]However, You are completely embarassing yourself by saying they are embarassing the Jets.[/B]

Yes, it was a steal, good pick.

Veteran
    There go the Mike Wallace and Ramses Barden.

All League
    [QUOTE=dassin;3103287]Tate fell off Mayock's board completely and that's a steal?[/QUOTE]

Of course it is. When all you want to do is complain about what the Jets do, everything the Patriots do is a great move.

Veteran
    i don't see how what the pats are doing makes the jets look bad at all. tate may be a steal, but i am not huge on the rest of their picks

JetsInsider.com Legend
    They are stockpiling picks in one of the worst drafts in 30 years and that's smart???

The Jets are cherrypicking key talent and taking this draft for what it's worth without giving up anything next year which will be a much better draft.

[QUOTE=dassin;3103287]Tate fell off Mayock's board completely and that's a steal?[/QUOTE]
    Only because he tore his acl mid season. this is first round talent in the third round. The guy will probably sit and heal all season on ir.

Jesus when will people stop crying. Go follow the Patriots then.

All League
    I have no problem with what the Jets did in this draft. They understand that the Jets need a QB and are doing whatever they can to obtain him.

The Pats have the luxury of having Tom Brady and the ability to pick up depth.

What you are seeing is two different styles of drafting. On one side, you have the team that finds players that they need and go and make the move. The other is a value-based picking system.

We'll see how it works out this year. If Greene and Sanchez end up powering our offense for years to come then I'm okay with not picking up 15 rookies.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3103301]They are stockpiling picks in one of the worst drafts in 30 years and that's smart???

The Jets are cherrypicking key talent and taking this draft for what it's worth without giving up anything next year which will be a much better draft.[/QUOTE]

Gotta say it's a coup to trade up for Sanchez without sacrificing a single future pick. Absolutely fantastic especially considering we got rid of a bad and bloated contract in K. Coleman.

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL

The Pats have arguably the most talented team in the league. They've been stockpiling picks for added depth because their starters at pretty much in place.

New England has already had their franchise QB in place for many years. The Jets were set to have Clemens/Ratliff lead this team for the foreseeable future.

Why some are slamming the Sanchez pick so hard when we haven't had a franchise QB in 40 years is beyond me. I'm not saying that Sanchez is a guaranteed franchise signal caller, but he definitely has the chance to be one and I can't knock the Jets for finally growing some balls and taking a gamble.

All Pro
    If Sanchez pans out and the Jets become solid at as many positions as the Pats are, we too will have the luxury of stockpiling picks.

[QUOTE=chris6666;3103307]Only because he tore his acl mid season. this is first round talent in the third round. The guy will probably sit and heal all season on ir.[/QUOTE]

good for you for paying attention to what Mayock just said and regurgitating it here.

like Rich Eisen said, "if the Raiders make this pick, everyone questions it, but since it's the Patriots* all of the sudden it's a steal??"

Tate has been on my radar. 1st/2nd round value that would go lower because of his knee and testing positive for weed.

I was hoping he would be around later in the draft. Oh well.

[QUOTE=jetstream23;3103301]They are stockpiling picks in one of the worst drafts in 30 years and that's smart???

The Jets are cherrypicking key talent and taking this draft for what it's worth without giving up anything next year which will be a much better draft.[/QUOTE]

This isnt a bad draft. There wasnt a lot of value at the top of the draft, but there is solid depth at rounds 2-4

Look,

Chung will be a very solid Strong Safety. Good solid pick.

Brace is a good pick but that means Wilfork's future is in question. Replacing a star isn't a scary prospect.

D Butler their best pick. Great job getting picks and the player they could have taken in the 1st.

Vollmer would be a laugh in ANY other team took him. Maybe he'll be good but bottom line he is a reach until proven.

I love Tate as a possible steal.

They are having a good draft. Whether anyone wants to believe it or not, WAKE UP!!! They didn't even make the playoffs last year. They have a lot of holes and are filling them with some good talent.

They also passed on some very good pass rushing 34 OLB and ILB and DE prospects. IE a Barwin type on the Pats would have scared me more than Chung or Brace.

The Jets are cherrypicking key talent and [B][SIZE="3"]taking this draft for what it's worth without giving up anything next year which will be a much better draft.[/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE]

THIS.