Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: And the Patriots continue to make the Jets look like Fools...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jet Engine1... your new Jetman73. :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Sanchez works out then it would have been worth it if we didn't have another pick the rest of the entire draft this year!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3103279]FIRST you STOCKPILE picks, THEN you have the luxury of moving up to grab your guy and still have room to move and picks to make...

Also gives them the luxury of drafting a STEAL like Brandon Tate....

STEAL of this draft.

Meanwhile, the Jets got 2 whole players from this draft and will go in with CRAP at WR.[/QUOTE]

What your whining is clouding is that with a 6 round pick they NEVER needed to worry about QB. So if we listened to you we would have NO QB, no chance and you would still be unhappy.

Go walk the dog and relax, what would make you happy?

WE NEED a QB, stop comparing us to NE, they got VERY LUCKY at the qb spot. If Sanchez works out, we will have our day.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BigJet;3103326]If Sanchez pans out and the Jets become solid at as many positions as the Pats are, we too will have the luxury of stockpiling picks.[/QUOTE]

They are...sorta.

The pats picked up Tate with the pick GB got from the Jets for farve. :P

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haha. The title of this thread is hilarious.

I can only assume you're trolling for lulz.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3103301]They are stockpiling picks in one of the worst drafts in 30 years and that's smart???

The Jets are cherrypicking key talent and taking this draft for what it's worth without giving up anything next year which will be a much better draft.[/QUOTE]

And then the Pats trade #89 to the Titans for their 2010 2nd rd pick.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3103301]They are stockpiling picks in one of the worst drafts in 30 years and that's smart???

The Jets are cherrypicking key talent and taking this draft for what it's worth without giving up anything next year which will be a much better draft.[/QUOTE]

To your point, the Pats just traded one of the 3rds for the Jags 2nd in 2010.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AFCEastFan;3103374]To your point, the Pats just traded one of the 3rds for the Jags 2nd in 2010.[/QUOTE]

Pats just picked up another 2nd round pick for next year.. From Tenn..

They were a player this year in the draft and they will be a player next year.. 3 #2's..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;3103324]LOL

The Pats have arguably the most talented team in the league. They've been stockpiling picks for added depth because their starters at pretty much in place.

New England has already had their franchise QB in place for many years. The Jets were set to have Clemens/Ratliff lead this team for the foreseeable future.

Why some are slamming the Sanchez pick so hard when we haven't had a franchise QB in 40 years is beyond me. I'm not saying that Sanchez is a guaranteed franchise signal caller, but he definitely has the chance to be one and I can't knock the Jets for finally growing some balls and taking a gamble.[/QUOTE]

The Jets moved up and did what they had to do . Sometimes you have to sacrifice picks to make your goals and visions a reality especially when it comes to getting a QB.

Untouchale no photo shopped Sanchez Yet ??? Im very dissapointed in you :cool: Get him In a Jets uni now !!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jet Engine is one of the few smart posters on this board. Most Jet fans don't really understand football, so they get excited by a QB and a RB - the two most visible positions - and think the Jets are geniuses. People like Andy Reid and Scott Pioli and Bill Belicheck and Reese (with the She-Men) are laughing at the Jets because they understand that you win in this league on the Offensive and Defensive lines. The Jets are good (not great) on the O-line, but have no depth. And outside of an injury-prone Kris Jenkins, the Jets have ZERO on the d-line, and not one impact pass rusher on the entire roster. And smart GMs know that there are plenty of good players in every draft, and you have to have enough picks to spread out your risk. When you invest an entire draft in two players, you have no room for error. And when one of those picks is a (slow) Running BAck, you are seriously showing how dumb you are. RB is the easiest position to fill, and there is never a good reason to trade up for one. Wait until preseason and look how many good ones will be cut. There are just too many of them to go around, unlike pass rushers, which we need more than anything else.

For once, look at how winning teams build, instead of thinking that just because you are a Jets fan, everything they do is smart. There is a reason this team has won nothing in my lifetime (and I'm pushing 40). They repeat the same mistakes, year after year, and most people choose to ignore it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=mcsully;3103389]Pats just picked up another 2nd round pick for next year.. From Tenn..

They were a player this year in the draft and they will be a player next year.. 3 #2's..[/QUOTE]

how the f. do they hoodwink these teams in these deals? 2 2nd rounders in a supposed better draft next year for 3rd rounders this year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think tanny has to do what he can to get the team into the playoffs next year. He doesn't have the luxury BB does of trying to stockpile picks for the future.

Think he'll be here in 2010 if the jets don't make the playoffs?

[QUOTE=Toooon;3103400]Jet Engine is one of the few smart posters on this board. Most Jet fans don't really understand football, so they get excited by a QB and a RB - the two most visible positions - and think the Jets are geniuses. People like Andy Reid and Scott Pioli and Bill Belicheck and Reese (with the She-Men) are laughing at the Jets because they understand that you win in this league on the Offensive and Defensive lines. The Jets are good (not great) on the O-line, but have no depth. And outside of an injury-prone Kris Jenkins, the Jets have ZERO on the d-line, and not one impact pass rusher on the entire roster. And smart GMs know that there are plenty of good players in every draft, and you have to have enough picks to spread out your risk. When you invest an entire draft in two players, you have no room for error. And when one of those picks is a (slow) Running BAck, you are seriously showing how dumb you are. RB is the easiest position to fill, and there is never a good reason to trade up for one. Wait until preseason and look how many good ones will be cut. There are just too many of them to go around, unlike pass rushers, which we need more than anything else.

For once, look at how winning teams build, instead of thinking that just because you are a Jets fan, everything they do is smart. There is a reason this team has won nothing in my lifetime (and I'm pushing 40). They repeat the same mistakes, year after year, and most people choose to ignore it.[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Toooon;3103400]Jet Engine is one of the few smart posters on this board. Most Jet fans don't really understand football, so they get excited by a QB and a RB - the two most visible positions - and think the Jets are geniuses. People like Andy Reid and Scott Pioli and Bill Belicheck and Reese (with the She-Men) are laughing at the Jets because they understand that you win in this league on the Offensive and Defensive lines. The Jets are good (not great) on the O-line, but have no depth. And outside of an injury-prone Kris Jenkins, the Jets have ZERO on the d-line, and not one impact pass rusher on the entire roster. And smart GMs know that there are plenty of good players in every draft, and you have to have enough picks to spread out your risk. When you invest an entire draft in two players, you have no room for error. And when one of those picks is a (slow) Running BAck, you are seriously showing how dumb you are. RB is the easiest position to fill, and there is never a good reason to trade up for one. Wait until preseason and look how many good ones will be cut. There are just too many of them to go around, unlike pass rushers, which we need more than anything else.

For once, look at how winning teams build, instead of thinking that just because you are a Jets fan, everything they do is smart. There is a reason this team has won nothing in my lifetime (and I'm pushing 40). They repeat the same mistakes, year after year, and most people choose to ignore it.[/QUOTE]
    All the guys you mentioned were set at QB we are not..Why not send your resume to Woody maybe you can turn the franchise around?? One of the mistakes we have made is not addressing the QB position now we maybe have. I have never ran a draft and Tanny seems to me to be doing a good job. BTW the Team has won in my lifetime and it started with Sonny Werblin taking a shot on a franchise QB named Namath..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pasteriks are on its way to get the best practice squad second year in a row. Dan Laberfeld is biting his elbows he is not chowdfags fan - he would have so many underdogs to rout for.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3103419]All the guys you mentioned were set at QB we are not..Why not send your resume to Woody maybe you can turn the franchise around?? One of the mistakes we have made is not addressing the QB position now we maybe have. I have never ran a draft and Tanny seems to me to be doing a good job. BTW the Team has won in my lifetime and it started with Sonny Werblin taking a shot on a franchise QB named Namath..[/QUOTE]

+1. And to quote a notorious poster from another messageboard: [QUOTE]in the last three years of "working the draft" Beli has hit on ONE SOLID player in Mayo

Tanny who knows nothing and is an idiot has hit on three probowlers (revis, mangold and washington) and brick, harris, keller, smith, lowery and after Ryan gives him some proper coaching for the first time, gholston

[/QUOTE] :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3103419]All the guys you mentioned were set at QB we are not..Why not send your resume to Woody maybe you can turn the franchise around?? One of the mistakes we have made is not addressing the QB position now we maybe have. I have never ran a draft and Tanny seems to me to be doing a good job. BTW the Team has won in my lifetime and it started with Sonny Werblin taking a shot on a franchise QB named Namath..[/QUOTE]

Exactly!

Who's to say now with the QB Tanny won't trade down next year and stockpile picks.

Oh the whining when that happens...lol

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;3103401]how the f. do they hoodwink these teams in these deals? 2 2nd rounders in a supposed better draft next year for 3rd rounders this year.[/QUOTE]

Its easy for teams like the Pats, Ravens and Steelers to "hoodwink" other teams, they're run better and have an actual plan. What the Jets are doing in this draft reminds me of a little kid running into a toy store and just grabbing the shiniest things he sees.

OK, if Sanchez IS a "Franchise QB", and I sincerely hope he is, then its a good move. But Shonn Green for 3 picks? Seriously? That was a dumb move given the Jets glaring needs at DE and WR, not to mention the fact that the teams TE corp consists of Dustin Keller and a couple of tackling dummies.

I just don't think this was a well thought out draft for Tannenbaum, and to be honest, Rex came off as a bit clueless in his interview this morning....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Toooon;3103400]Jet Engine is one of the few smart posters on this board.[/QUOTE]
    For a guy who's so bright, he can't seem to figure out the "post reply" button. He thinks the only way to post one of his 'enlightening' rants is to hit the "new thread" button.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like how the Pats do the draft. They will always have 10 picks and they just keep jumping around until they see someone basically anywhere in the draft they like. They then have the ability to get that player pretty much at all times.

But to say that the Jets were embarassed by them is just stupid...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3103433]Exactly!

Who's to say now with the QB Tanny won't trade down next year and stockpile picks.

Oh the whining when that happens...lol[/QUOTE]

Maybe the Mods could set up a Whining forum this way we wouldn't have water in all the threads from the crocodile tears...:yes: