Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: And the Patriots continue to make the Jets look like Fools...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;3103324]LOL

The Pats have arguably the most talented team in the league. They've been stockpiling picks for added depth because their starters at pretty much in place.

New England has already had their franchise QB in place for many years. The Jets were set to have Clemens/Ratliff lead this team for the foreseeable future.

Why some are slamming the Sanchez pick so hard when we haven't had a franchise QB in 40 years is beyond me. I'm not saying that Sanchez is a guaranteed franchise signal caller, but he definitely has the chance to be one and I can't knock the Jets for finally growing some balls and taking a gamble.[/QUOTE]

Because they're stupid unhappy people? Just a guess....:rolleyes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3103529]

[B]Vernon Gholston[/B]- With Rex Ryan calling the shots, we could be looking at our very own Merriman, Ware, Harrison or Suggs type of pass rusher from the outside. This kid has talent, ability along with the potential to be a playmaker on the defense side of the ball and Rex Ryan may have a new toy here in NY. 22 years of age.

[/QUOTE]

Did you just compare Splinters to Meriman, Ware, Harrison and Suggs? :eek:

Jets fans are too funny. :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3103591]+1.

Although I don't see this happening. Going from zero to superstar? I'm hoping from 5-6 sacks out of the guy as a measurement of where I'd be happy with him.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HessStation;3103622]Completely agree.[/QUOTE]

The kid shows no sign of life, desire to play, or aggression.

Not good qualities for a pass rushing defensive end.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3103347]If Sanchez works out then it would have been worth it if we didn't have another pick the rest of the entire draft this year![/QUOTE]

Well said. I'm sure most people can't remember who was drafted with Brady.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3103301]They are stockpiling picks in one of the worst drafts in 30 years and that's smart???

The Jets are cherrypicking key talent and taking this draft for what it's worth without giving up anything next year which will be a much better draft.[/QUOTE]

Especially when you consider half these guys wont make the patriots team. BB is a one trick pony--he should be doing what we do.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kerry Rhodes;3103689]Especially when you consider half these guys wont make the patriots team. BB is a one trick pony--he should be doing what we do.[/QUOTE]

KR, usually I agree with a lot of your opinions but this is one I disagree with.
    He is looking for diamonds in the rough and expects that they will require some
    polishing, some more than others. He looks at the draft different than most in
    that he pretty much realizes that there are few players that are going to make
    a NFL roster the first year and what some of these guys do in college doesn't
    often translate well to the pro game. Better to take those that fit your mold
    of what you want in a player at a cost advantage and 'coach 'em up' than to
    blow the whole cap wad on an unproven rookie. In some cases (I like Sanchez)
    it's a necessary gamble.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=The Boston Patriot;3103737]KR, usually I agree with a lot of your opinions but this is one I disagree with.
    He is looking for diamonds in the rough and expects that they will require some
    polishing, some more than others. He looks at the draft different than most in
    that he pretty much realizes that there are few players that are going to make
    a NFL roster the first year and what some of these guys do in college doesn't
    often translate well to the pro game. Better to take those that fit your mold
    of what you want in a player at a cost advantage and 'coach 'em up' than to
    blow the whole cap wad on an unproven rookie. In some cases (I like Sanchez)
    it's a necessary gamble.[/QUOTE]

How come your paragraphs are always cut short (i.e. it appears the margins are shorter than everyone else's)? Are the margins set differently on your response window?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Toooon;3103400]Jet Engine is one of the few smart posters on this board. Most Jet fans don't really understand football, so they get excited by a QB and a RB - the two most visible positions - and think the Jets are geniuses. People like Andy Reid and Scott Pioli and Bill Belicheck and Reese (with the She-Men) are laughing at the Jets because they understand that y[B]ou win in this league on the Offensive and Defensive lines[/B]. The Jets are good (not great) on the O-line, but have no depth. And outside of an injury-prone Kris Jenkins, the Jets have ZERO on the d-line, and not one impact pass rusher on the entire roster. And smart GMs know that there are plenty of good players in every draft, and you have to have enough picks to spread out your risk. When you invest an entire draft in two players, you have no room for error. And when one of those picks is a (slow) [B]Running BAck, you are seriously showing how dumb you are. RB is the easiest position to fill, and there is never a good reason to trade up for one. [/B]Wait until preseason and look how many good ones will be cut. There are just too many of them to go around, unlike pass rushers, which we need more than anything else.

For once, look at how winning teams build, instead of thinking that just because you are a Jets fan, everything they do is smart. There is a reason this team has won nothing in my lifetime (and I'm pushing 40). They repeat the same mistakes, year after year, and most people choose to ignore it.[/QUOTE]

Your point about RB isn't totally true - the Pats have had trouble filling this need. Maroney is a modest bust. Not every team is like Denver who somehow can put anyone back there and succeed.

I agree about the lines, but I'm not sure how well the Pats are doing filling these holes - Brace maybe, but he will not be Wilfork's talent and their OL they drafted this time around is a big ? Despite the Pats being exceptional at draft day value they do not seem to get the bang for their buck with all the moves with regard to absolute talent and NFL success.

Maybe just maybe the Jets are happy with their DL and OL depth. Does anyone know how these guys have progressed? If they're happy with them, maybe they don't need to draft picks for the sake of it. There are only 53 guys on the roster.
    Last edited by Cyberjet; 04-26-2009 at 12:59 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;3103310]Jesus when will people stop crying. Go follow the Patriots then.[/QUOTE]

+1

We have enough whiny *****es over here... please become a Pats fan.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HessStation;3103585]We almost have to make some of these optimistic assumptions imo.
    [I]
    If[/I] Gholston can be close to Merriman and all remain healthy the Jets Defense will be absolutely nasty next year.[/QUOTE]

Hess How do you propose we turn a ***** into a lion ? This kid plays too stiff hes flat footed and he does not like contact at all. There is not one part of his game I can say translates into a top NFL passrusher and that includes the tapes from OSU. You have to have the fierce mindset to be a passrusher and this kid plays to "soft" wayyyyy to Soft.