Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Belicheck is Masterful

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3103506]Ugh.. You guys are painful to read.

Assume for one second that they are not the Pats, and just some other team. Go look at their past drafts. They have been AWFUL at drafting for the most part. Fortunately for them, they hit on Brady, and that makes a lot of mistakes not matter.

Their best pick in the last bunch of years was Mayo.

As for this draft, Brace SUCKS. He has size that automatically makes people take notice but he has ZERO strength at the point and is just awful. He'll hang around the league for a few years ala Rashad Moore.

Chung is ugh at best. They probably wanted Delmas but that obviously didn't work out.

Butler is a nice pick. Great pick, no. But nice pick.

Vollmer is a HUGE reach for a guy who should have been taken in round 5.

Tate is a SMALL, slow receiver who automatically gets labeled as a talented player, just like every other druggy.[/QUOTE]

Wow. You are quite the master of hyperbole.

Rather than rebut your exaggerated and unsubstantiated points one-by-one, I will point out simply that even if we assume for the sake of argument that Brace is as bad as you say, he is still a "HUGE" upgrade over Mike Wright, who was their back-up NT last season.

I really like Michael Smith but talk about horrible analysis. What the hell is he talking about with the Pats. I'm paraphrasing but I love the Vollmer analysis. "Gotta be a smart guy to work in that program". On Tate, "failed a drug test but now that he's a Patriot he'll be good". "McKenzie couldn't stick in one program but that makes him better" "And all these other guys (who I don't know) they're gonna be good too"...LOL, WTF?

That whole thing just fell apart on him. It was weird, like they just threw him up there.

Then Tom Jackson and Carter talking about Joey Galloway. 37 year old Joey Galloway?

Then Trent Dilfer "Anialate Teams this year!"

Alright nothing new here. God bless the Pats and all, but holy NE Lovefest, lol.

[QUOTE=HessStation;3104667]I really like Michael Smith but talk about horrible analysis. What the hell is he talking about with the Pats. I'm paraphrasing but I love the Vollmer analysis. "Gotta be a smart guy to work in that program". On Tate, "failed a drug test but now that he's a Patriot he'll be good". "McKenzie couldn't stick in one program but that makes him better" "And all these other guys (who I don't know) they're gonna be good too"...LOL, WTF?

That whole thing just fell apart on him. It was weird, like they just threw him up there.

Then Tom Jackson and Carter talking about Joey Galloway. 37 year old Joey Galloway?

Alright nothing new here. God bless the Pats and all, but holy NE Lovefest, lol.[/QUOTE]

Michael Smith is a former Boston beat-writer, so I suspect that his analysis is not 100% objective.

[QUOTE=AFCEastFan;3104671]Michael Smith is a former Boston beat-writer, so I suspect that his analysis is not 100% objective.[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong I really like him and he's one of my favorites but if you saw that, it was pretty embarrassingly bad.

[QUOTE=HessStation;3104676]Don't get me wrong I really like him and he's one of my favorites but if you saw that, it was pretty embarrassingly bad.[/QUOTE]

... and boom goes the dynamite!

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3103506]Ugh.. You guys are painful to read.

Assume for one second that they are not the Pats, and just some other team. Go look at their past drafts. They have been AWFUL at drafting for the most part. Fortunately for them, they hit on Brady, and that makes a lot of mistakes not matter.

Their best pick in the last bunch of years was Mayo.

As for this draft, Brace SUCKS. He has size that automatically makes people take notice, but he has ZERO strength at the point and is just awful. He'll hang around the league for a few years ala Rashad Moore.

Chung is ugh at best. They probably wanted Delmas but that obviously didn't work out.

Butler is a nice pick. Great pick, no. But nice pick.

Vollmer is a HUGE reach for a guy who should have been taken in round 5.

Tate is a SMALL, slow receiver who automatically gets labeled as a talented player, just like every other druggy.[/QUOTE]

Tate is 6 foot 183 lbs and is lightining quick, he is a bigger Dion Branch.
    Watch Meriweather this year when he is not covering ground corners who were street FA

Mankins is one of the best LG in the league, and i like him better than Faneca

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3104616]:P Or just become a Pat fan..:yes:[/QUOTE]

Not that there is anything wrong with that! ;)

[QUOTE=The Boston Patriot;3105181]Not that there is anything wrong with that! ;)[/QUOTE]

Nothing at all, join the ranks of front runnin douche bags. All of you can GFY!!!

Tanny our best GM ever--give me a break. This is the guy who picked Mangini to be head coach. Tannenbaum is a bean counter (aka accountant) with delusions of being a pro-personal man. He's horrible.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3105188]Nothing at all, join the ranks of front runnin douche bags. All of you can GFY!!![/QUOTE]

My goodness, cranky tonight aren't we? You should be in a corner stroking the
    cob over your new qb instead of spewing hate on such a joyous occasion. :P

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;3105188]Nothing at all, join the ranks of front runnin douche bags. All of you can GFY!!![/QUOTE]

Truer words have never been spoken.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=RussianGreen;3105202]Truer words have never been spoken.[/QUOTE]

Hey RG, nice to see you surface again after you crawled back in your hole when you saw your shadow!

[QUOTE=The Boston Patriot;3105208]Hey RG, nice to see you surface again after you crawled back in your hole when you saw your shadow![/QUOTE]

And what are you doing on this board? Your boyfriend run out of anal lube and run to a drug store giving you a brake? Quick, assume the position, he at the door!

All Pro
    [QUOTE=RussianGreen;3105214]And what are you doing on this board? Your boyfriend run out of anal lube and run to a drug store giving you a brake? Quick, assume the position, he at the door![/QUOTE]

You know RG, if you keep drinking that vodka ****, you're gonna rot what's left
    of your brains, which isn't much.

[QUOTE=The Boston Patriot;3105226]You know RG, if you keep drinking that vodka ****, you're gonna rot what's left
    of your brains, which isn't much.[/QUOTE]

You only wish you have 10% of my brains, dumb troll.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=RussianGreen;3105237]You only wish you have 10% of my brains, dumb troll.[/QUOTE]

They are probably well preserved. Was your name Abby Normal in another life?

[QUOTE=The Boston Patriot;3105240]They are probably well preserved. Was your name Abby Normal in another life?[/QUOTE]

I do not know who I was in my previous life - but for sure was not an ABSOLUTE loser who's only pleasure in his otherwise miserable life is trolling on other team message board.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=David Harris;3103476]I mean that word, masterful. If I remove myself from the AFC East knee jerk hate mongering (difficult for me) I can't help but be astounded by what he's pulled off over the last 2 days. Espn is reviewing it right now.

A 2nd round that makes me drool with:

Chung S
    Brace DT
    Butler CB

Then landing the sliding Tate WR in the 3rd.

But the beauty is setting up the future by parlaying 3rd rounders into future 2nd rounders. Added benefit is that the Pats assuredly will always pick near the end of these rounds and trade them for future picks a round higher to bad teams. That could be a 60 slot swing simply for having the patience and foresight to trade for next year's picks. 2nd round picks are where you get quality players on the cheap. Contracts are so small while the talent is still so large.

Funny thing is that NE is actually often a below average drafting team outside of the first round. But these moves over the weekend are just masterful.[/QUOTE]

They make me sick. I think they had the best draft day by far. I loved all 3. I think that Butler was the best man-to-man CB in the draft. I loved Brace from the beginning and got bash calling him the best 3/4 NT prospect. I still think it's true. Time will tell. Chung looks really good.

On the flip side I thought our draft sucked.:steamin:

[QUOTE=HessStation;3104667]I really like Michael Smith but talk about horrible analysis. What the hell is he talking about with the Pats. I'm paraphrasing but I love the Vollmer analysis. "Gotta be a smart guy to work in that program". On Tate, "failed a drug test but now that he's a Patriot he'll be good". "McKenzie couldn't stick in one program but that makes him better" "And all these other guys (who I don't know) they're gonna be good too"...LOL, WTF?

Alright nothing new here. God bless the Pats and all, but holy NE Lovefest, lol.[/QUOTE]

Your aware McKenzie went home to take care of his sick mother.. That's the reason he bounced back and forth..