Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Don't forget about Marcus Henry

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget about Marcus Henry

we picked him in round 6 last year (we got stuckey in round 7). he looked great last year in TC and even better in the pre-season games. his biggest knock was that he was still raw and needed to development. if we stick with our current players, he'll make the team. and if he's developed like he should have, he could open up some eyes.

all i'm saying is, don't forget about him and don't rule him out. he should easily beat out brad smith.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    definitely not.

except i didn't know if he was still on the practice squad/roster.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to wait a little bit on this one.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm quite comfortable forgetting about him. There is no reason why we should expect him to make the playing field this season absent injuries. Clowney, Stuckey and Cotchery are all better.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=skaoscar;3103586]I'm quite comfortable forgetting about him. There is no reason why we should expect him to make the playing field this season absent injuries. Clowney, Stuckey and Cotchery are all better.[/QUOTE]

why not? can you honestly say clowney is better? we have very little information on both him and henry, so i don't see how one could say clowney is better than henry. and we still have very little information on stuckey. he had a pretty good season last year for what position he was in, but that still wasn't much. to base a good overall opinion on him

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Megalomaniac;3103645]why not? can you honestly say clowney is better? we have very little information on both him and henry, so i don't see how one could say clowney is better than henry. and we still have very little information on stuckey. he had a pretty good season last year for what position he was in, but that still wasn't much. to base a good overall opinion on him[/QUOTE]

they don't know. They're basically talking through their @**

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not going to anoint any one of these clowneys, Henrys, smiths, Stuckey's, as the answer at WR. However i agree that everyone one of them right now will get more than a fair chance to show they can do it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Megalomaniac;3103645]why not? can you honestly say clowney is better? we have very little information on both him and henry, so i don't see how one could say clowney is better than henry. and we still have very little information on stuckey. he had a pretty good season last year for what position he was in, but that still wasn't much. to base a good overall opinion on him[/QUOTE]
    listen up dude.the difference between stuckey and henry is that stuckey was a steal at round seven.he went late because of his injury.he was a third round pick for sure if not for that injury.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Marcus Henry won't make the final roster.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Henry is still on the squad, he was cut then resigned. I'm not sure how much he will help though, he wasn't able to get into any games last season so unless he has done some serious development he may be just another floppy.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    i forgot about him until you reminded me...I'm sure I'll forget about him again in an hour....

maybe you can bump so I won't forget....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets rooter;3103682]listen up dude.the difference between stuckey and henry is that stuckey was a steal at round seven.he went late because of his injury.he was a third round pick for sure if not for that injury.[/QUOTE]

ah, you sold me on it! :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=hatnlvr;3103691]Henry is still on the squad, he was cut then resigned. I'm not sure how much he will help though, he wasn't able to get into any games last season so unless he has done some serious development he may be just another floppy.[/QUOTE]

he was on the practice squad

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think he makes the squad this year and will be a nice redzone target.

He was raw and thin, that's his knocks.

If he bulked up some, guy is faster than people thought, has great body control, very tall, a great leaper and is a hand-catcher. Very humble. Poor man's Plax without the attitude.

I like him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3103725]I think he makes the squad this year and will be a nice redzone target.

He was raw and thin, that's his knocks.

If he bulked up some, guy is faster than people thought, has great body control, very tall, a great leaper and is a hand-catcher. Very humble. Poor man's Plax without the attitude.

I like him.[/QUOTE]

hopefully without the guns too