Thread: Zorn looks like a kid who lost his lollypop (Sanchez)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Zorn looks like a kid who lost his lollypop (Sanchez)

Jim Zorn on ESPN, when asked about missing out on Sanchez, tried to hide it, but looks like a kid who lost his ice cream cone.

Mangini did us a solid. Tannenbaum is a crafty rascal. We made a shady trade, and I love it.

CIA, eat your heart out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3103588]Jim Zorn on ESPN, when asked about missing out on Sanchez, tried to hide it, but looks like a kid who lost his ice cream cone.

Mangini did us a solid. Tannenbaum is a crafty rascal. We made a shady trade, and I love it.

CIA, eat your heart out.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, but I more enjoy us hornswaggling Snyder out of his new toy. I bet he threw himself on the floor and had a nice little hissy fit. Have fun mending the relationship with Campbell...you've successfully alienated your starting QB.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BleedingGreen;3103605]Indeed, but I more enjoy us hornswaggling Snyder out of his new toy. I bet he threw himself on the floor and had a nice little hissy fit. Have fun mending the relationship with Campbell...you've successfully alienated your starting QB.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, Zorn couldn't hide it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3103588]Jim Zorn on ESPN, when asked about missing out on Sanchez, tried to hide it, but looks like a kid who lost his ice cream cone.

didn't you get the memo? Jets fans cannot be happy with the draft because in 1978 they had a bad draft. Its a rule. and we are not allowed to like our gm even though he has brought in players like mangold, washington, rhodes, revis, ferguson etc, etc. Why? Because we drafted Johnny Mitchell and blair thomas...:rolleyes:

It does not matter that these bad picks by the organization happened when tannenbaum was watching sesame street in his high chair.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;3103631]didn't you get the memo? Jets fans cannot be happy with the draft because in 1978 they had a bad draft. Its a rule. and we are not allowed to like our gm even though he has brought in players like mangold, washington, rhodes, revis, ferguson etc, etc. Why? Because we drafted Johnny Mitchell and blair thomas...:rolleyes:

It does not matter that these bad picks by the organization happened when tannenbaum was watching sesame street in his high chair.[/QUOTE]

I like what we got,

we're not really rebuilding, we're looking for key pieces of the puzzle. We can build around that after we establish those positions.

QB is the most important position, and our situation was arguably the WORST in the NFL. I wanted to let Clemens play, but screw it, we gave up virtually nothing (a 2nd in my eyes, and possibly a WR - which we would have used at 17) for a franchize QB, who has the desire, mental capability, tools, intelligence and work ethic to play in the NFL. I was against giving up the farm for him, but we didn't. I feel like we screwed up in the Greene trade (who I like a lot, but now we're down a 4th pick which we could have gotten a TE, OL help, etc). I feel like that not even a little bit with Sanchez.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Tanny is sneaky, but look at Belli, Cassel and Pioli and what Belli got for Cassel. Now that was a fishy trade.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetman in indy;3103807]Tanny is sneaky, but look at Belli, Cassel and Pioli and what Belli got for Cassel. Now that was a fishy trade.[/QUOTE]

I think BB did Pioli a favor and gave him Vrabel and Cassel. Cassel was supposed to be the franchise QB in NE, and he only got a 2nd for those two. McDaniels wanted him, and BB didn't oblige, which started the Cutler saga.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetman in indy;3103807]Tanny is sneaky, but look at Belli, Cassel and Pioli and what Belli got for Cassel. Now that was a fishy trade.[/QUOTE]

Cassel did good in NE with an all star cast emphasis on the word GOOD not great but GOOD. He knew the system and they dropped off signifigantly in every category, most noteably wins. How do you think Cassel is going to do in another uniform without talent even remotely resembling what he had in NE ? Smart GM's know this and Belicrap was Probably not getting the offers. The media blew this Cassel crap up when in fact they have no ****ing idea what they are talking about. Cassel will be a decent QB in this league and in no way will he turn out to be what the media pumped him up to be. The Pats got what they should have gotten

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pioli is a very good evaluator of talent. Cassel was worth more than just a second. That trade was shady.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Smashmouth;3103860]Cassel did good in NE with an all star cast emphasis on the word GOOD not great but GOOD. He knew the system and they dropped off signifigantly in every category, most noteably wins. How do you think Cassel is going to do in another uniform without talent even remotely resembling what he had in NE ? Smart GM's know this and Belicrap was Probably not getting the offers. The media blew this Cassel crap up when in fact they have no ****ing idea what they are talking about. Cassel will be a decent QB in this league and in no way will he turn out to be what the media pumped him up to be. The Pats got what they should have gotten[/QUOTE]

we'll see.

I like Cassell. And if Sanchez turns out to be the player Cassell was last year, i will be very happy (and suprised)