Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate to be negative...but this sucks!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate to be negative...but this sucks!!

How are we a better team than we were on Friday?? On friday we had 3 unproven Qb's on our roster and after today we will have the same. We have a AFC leading rusher on our team and a superstar rb in washington yet we draft a guy that is not that fast that gil brandt didnt even have in his top 100!! I Hate the Sanchez pick, I hate the Green pick even more and all we have left is a 6th round pick to get a WR, DE , TE and offensive line depth.
    Yes there will be cuts and guys to sign where we can fill these voids but I for one am not happy at all with only 3 picks and so many needs.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    TX? MACPAC? FF2?

Is that you?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DBAKE;3103601]How are we a better team than we were on Friday?? On friday we had 3 unproven Qb's on our roster and after today we will have the same. We have a AFC leading rusher on our team and a superstar rb in washington yet we draft a guy that is not that fast that gil brandt didnt even have in his top 100!! I Hate the Sanchez pick, I hate the Green pick even more and all we have left is a 6th round pick to get a WR, DE , TE and offensive line depth.
    Yes there will be cuts and guys to sign where we can fill these voids but I for one am not happy at all with only 3 picks and so many needs.[/QUOTE]

So you would basically NEVER draft a QB. That is essentially what you said.

Ok... That makes a lot of sense.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unlike with Clemens and Ratliff, this unproven QB has a very good chance to solidify the QB position. With the scenario we had before we were more hoping for a miracle.

As for Shonn Greene, TJ is 31 and holding out, it's unclear if we'll have him this year and even if we do we definately won't have him for next year. It makes sense.

I would have liked to see a WR, but it's hard to complain with the players we have gotten.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3103612]So you would basically NEVER draft a QB. That is essentially what you said.

Ok... That makes a lot of sense.[/QUOTE]

not what i am saying......sanchez is a guy that started 1 season and i feel people including Rex fell in love with his personality. stafford and freeman were his competition which makes this one of the worst years for drafting a qb and sanchez shot up the boards by default. i hate the pick.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3103604]TX? MACPAC? FF2?

Is that you?[/QUOTE]

nope ....i get tired of hearing jet fans *****. i just really do not like this draft.....sorry.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dump... Cry me a river, Jet fans LOVE TO HATE. We got a top notch QB, something that we haven't had in forever, and Clemens was not going to be anything special. Shut Up.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DBAKE;3103601]How are we a better team than we were on Friday?? On friday we had 3 unproven Qb's on our roster and after today we will have the same. We have a AFC leading rusher on our team and a superstar rb in washington yet we draft a guy that is not that fast that gil brandt didnt even have in his top 100!! I Hate the Sanchez pick, I hate the Green pick even more and all we have left is a 6th round pick to get a WR, DE , TE and offensive line depth.
    Yes there will be cuts and guys to sign where we can fill these voids but I for one am not happy at all with only 3 picks and so many needs.[/QUOTE]
    Oh ok.

WTF is up with posters saying "Unproven" EVERY ****ING PLAYER in the draft is unproven. NONE have NFL experience.. so what's the difference? It makes zero sense.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=K-Ro 25;3103636]Dump... Cry me a river, Jet fans LOVE TO HATE. We got a top notch QB, something that we haven't had in forever, and Clemens was not going to be anything special. Shut Up.[/QUOTE]

no need to say shut up....i am not one that loves to hate......but i think sanchez will bust....deal with it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DBAKE;3103647]no need to say shut up....i am not one that loves to hate......but i think sanchez will bust....deal with it.[/QUOTE]

You aren't exactly going out on a limb considering a good percentage of QB's do bust.

Doesn't matter what you think now though. Hopefully he does turn out good.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DBAKE;3103647]no need to say shut up....i am not one that loves to hate......but i think sanchez will bust....deal with it.[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes: No, Jets fans can not be positive, always have a way to screwball it. Sanchez has 0 Big Flaws. His only knocks is that he's inexpirienced, and doesn't have a Stafford arm. His arm is very good. He is a more athletic Drew Brees. kind of like McNabb.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

i hate you

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I couldnt be any happier..I guess you know a lot more then our front office.The Sanchez pick was brilliant and had to be done we now have a leader at the QB position. The QB competition will not even be close, Mark will win the starting position hands down. Green is all so a great second day pick, this guy is tough as nails and will get the short yardage when needed, great compliment to Leon. LOVE IT.....The Sanchez pick ....Love it

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DBAKE;3103634]nope ....i get tired of hearing jet fans *****. i just really do not like this draft.....sorry.[/QUOTE]

lol, wow. you just contradicted yourself in one sentence. Nicely done~!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SBIII;3103641]Oh ok.

WTF is up with posters saying "Unproven" EVERY ****ING PLAYER in the draft is unproven. NONE have NFL experience.. so what's the difference? It makes zero sense.[/QUOTE]

Nicely said III. +1000000000000000000

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=K-Ro 25;3103655]:rolleyes: No, Jets fans can not be positive, always have a way to screwball it. Sanchez has 0 Big Flaws. His only knocks is that he's inexpirienced, and doesn't have a Stafford arm. His arm is very good. [B]He is a more athletic Drew Brees[/B]. kind of like McNabb.[/QUOTE]

I'll take it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DBAKE;3103624]not what i am saying......sanchez is a guy that started 1 season and i feel people including Rex fell in love with his personality. stafford and freeman were his competition which makes this one of the worst years for drafting a qb and sanchez shot up the boards by default. i hate the pick.[/QUOTE]

Forgetting the fact that they worked him out and love his tools, let's suppose he stayed at USC had a great season and established himself as the consensus No. 1 pick next year, not at all out of the realm of possability inspite of the fact that next year is a suppossed to be a deep QB class. His inexperience/unproven ability may have allowed us to get him and get him for less than we could get him for next year. This may have turned into a great value pick because of his lack of experience. No college QB is proven but that's entirely besides the point.

Our staff loves this kid he has a chance to be great and its at the most important position on the field which is one of need and he came at a reasonable price.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 04-26-2009 at 12:47 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    could you imagine if joe willie was in the draft today?

i going to rely on ryan's and tannebaum's judgement. usc has been turning out some pretty good qb's since pete carroll took over. there is no reason to think that sanchez won't be good. in some respects he is better than leinart. remember leinart waited the extra year when he was a top five lock. how did that work out. the other side of this is that they must have really saw something in clemens that gave them pause to annoit him the starter. foot work? attitude? leadership? some guys got it and some don't. sanchez seems like he's got it. and if he truly does, then the jets have their qb for the next decade. they can always get wr's and rb's.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure you hate to be negative?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SBIII;3103641]Oh ok.

WTF is up with posters saying "Unproven" EVERY ****ING PLAYER in the draft is unproven. NONE have NFL experience.. so what's the difference? It makes zero sense.[/QUOTE]

10-15 games at USC where they win by 21 points and have stronger faster players at almost every position.....heck john david booty could play well there...oh yeah....nevermind.......he's unproven. make sense?