Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate to be negative...but this sucks!!

[QUOTE=John_0515;3103604]TX? MACPAC? FF2?

Is that you?[/QUOTE]

Funny enough, the Pats fans have been more positive about our draft than some Jets fans on here.

you will soon reach china.

keep digging.

[QUOTE=DBAKE;3103695]10-15 games at USC where they win by 21 points and have stronger faster players at almost every position.....heck john david booty could play well there...oh yeah....nevermind.......he's unproven. make sense?[/QUOTE]

There is a difference between being a proven college QB even a great college QB and having NFL skills. Sanchez has booth Booty doesn't, bad analogy.

All League
    [QUOTE=HessStation;3103666]lol, wow. you just contradicted yourself in one sentence. Nicely done~![/QUOTE]

as i stated earlier, i usually roll with what we do and as many guys on the board know, i have been a big fan of tannenbaum....BIG FAN. I just hate this draft.

[QUOTE=fullblast;3103696]Funny enough, the Pats fans have been more positive about our draft than some Jets fans on here.[/QUOTE]

For real.

When was the last time we drafted a QB in the first round? Pennington. Before his injuries (all 75 of them) he was the man.

Tanny's first rounders:

Brick = +
    Mangold = +++
    Revis = ++++
    Gholston = blah
    Keller = ++

I think we'll be fine with Sanchez. Tanny's been gold lately.

All League
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;3103673]Forgetting the fact that they worked him out and love his tools, let's suppose he stayed at USC had a great season and established himself as the consensus No. 1 pick next year, not at all out of the realm of possability inspite of the fact that next year is a suppossed to be a deep QB class. His inexperience/unproven ability may have allowed us to get him and get him for less than we could get him for next year. This may have turned into a great value pick because of his lack of experience. No college QB is proven but that's entirely besides the point.

Our staff loves this kid he has a chance to be great and its at the most important position on the field which is one of need and he came at a reasonable price.[/QUOTE]

winston, thats a good point and i guess if he played 1 more year and had another great season we most likely couldnt get him but the odds of drafting a junior qb with little experience and having him succeed are real low.

[QUOTE=jets80;3103664]I couldnt be any happier..I guess you know a lot more then our front office.The Sanchez pick was brilliant and had to be done we now have a leader at the QB position. The QB competition will not even be close, Mark will win the starting position hands down. Green is all so a great second day pick, this guy is tough as nails and will get the short yardage when needed, great compliment to Leon. LOVE IT.....The Sanchez pick ....Love it[/QUOTE]

LOVE both pics,

Greene & Sanchez, Good job Rex, Mike, & Woody! You are restoring our faith daily!
    Thank you

Banned
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3103604]TX? MACPAC? FF2?

Is that you?[/QUOTE]

Hey, I thought the Jets made a great move trading up to get Sanchez. :yes:

It is not negativity it is truth the Sanchez pick was crap. We do not even run a west coast O. Just because we let Farve do his thing doesn't mean we changed our O. I do not know what kind of O Rex plans on running but we do not have the roaster to switch over, and Sanchez will never be a good fit for us. We just rebuilt around a spread O and now we are picking up guys that do not run a spread O. What sense does that make. Most people that really know the jets are saying it was a waist. We had the worst draft on the board and Oakland and SD looked like great drafts compared to what we came up with.

[QUOTE=John_0515;3103720]For real.

When was the last time we drafted a QB in the first round? Pennington. Before his injuries (all 75 of them) he was the man.

Tanny's first rounders:

Brick = +
    Mangold = +++
    Revis = ++++
    Gholston = blah
    Keller = ++

I think we'll be fine with Sanchez. Tanny's been gold lately.[/QUOTE]

Agreed and Gholston will become a lot better making him a +++ soon.
    We are moving in the right direction!

[QUOTE=SCITSCAT;3103745]Agreed and Gholston will become a lot better making him a +++ soon.
    We are moving in the right direction![/QUOTE]

HE HAS TO!!! He is the biggest wildcard to the season. HE NEEDS TO STEP UP AND IN A BIG WAY!!!

All League
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3103720]For real.

Tanny's first rounders:

Brick = +
    Mangold = +++
    Revis = ++++
    Gholston = blah
    Keller = ++

I think we'll be fine with Sanchez. Tanny's been gold lately.[/QUOTE]

i am a big fan of tanny......i dont want to make this about sanchez as much as the team as a whole.....not much has changed unless sanchez is the franchise qb we lacked for 40+yrs and lets just say the odds are stacked against him.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3103741]Hey, I thought the Jets made a great move trading up to get Sanchez. :yes:[/QUOTE]

You know I love you.;)

[QUOTE=DBAKE;3103765]i am a big fan of tanny......i dont want to make this about sanchez as much as the team as a whole.....not much has changed unless sanchez is the franchise qb we lacked for 40+yrs and lets just say the odds are stacked against him.[/QUOTE]

I think you might be going through some identity issues.

It's not as much that you don't like the Sanchez pick as much as your reasoning.

All League
    [QUOTE=HessStation;3103752]HE HAS TO!!! He is the biggest wildcard to the season. HE NEEDS TO STEP UP AND IN A BIG WAY!!![/QUOTE]

you know that hole i am diggin....i am not half as far down as VERNON!!

[QUOTE=John_0515;3103771]You know I love you.;)[/QUOTE]

That's gross.:cool:

[quote=DBAKE;3103695]10-15 games at USC where they win by 21 points and have stronger faster players at almost every position.....heck john david booty could play well there...oh yeah....nevermind.......he's unproven. make sense?[/quote]

Stop with the stupid comparison with John Booty... It is unreal how fans that know nothing rate players better than guys that get paid to do it for a living. If Rex Ryan and Mr T. think that Sanchez is going to be a great QB for the Jets I will take their opinion over some whinny guy on a Jets Board.

[QUOTE=DBAKE;3103777]you know that hole i am diggin....i am not half as far down as VERNON!![/QUOTE]

Hey look. I hated the pick but I'm alright giving a rookie season a pass.

Let's see what he can do with Ryan this year.

[QUOTE=HessStation;3103779]That's gross.:cool:[/QUOTE]

No homo.

[QUOTE=DBAKE;3103601]How are we a better team than we were on Friday?? On friday we had 3 unproven Qb's on our roster and after today we will have the same. We have a AFC leading rusher on our team and a superstar rb in washington yet we draft a guy that is not that fast that gil brandt didnt even have in his top 100!! I Hate the Sanchez pick, I hate the Green pick even more and all we have left is a 6th round pick to get a WR, DE , TE and offensive line depth.
    Yes there will be cuts and guys to sign where we can fill these voids but I for one am not happy at all with only 3 picks and so many needs.[/QUOTE]

you LOVE to be negative and you suck