Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate to be negative...but this sucks!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dreamers;3103743]It is not negativity it is truth the Sanchez pick was crap. We do not even run a west coast O. Just because we let Farve do his thing doesn't mean we changed our O. [B]I do not know what kind of O Rex plans on running but we do not have the roaster to switch over, and Sanchez will never be a good fit for us.[/B] We just rebuilt around a spread O and now we are picking up guys that do not run a spread O. What sense does that make. Most people that really know the jets are saying it was a waist. We had the worst draft on the board and Oakland and SD looked like great drafts compared to what we came up with.[/QUOTE]

Good thing you only have 4 posts.

Dont you think that Rex Ryan and Brian Schottenheimer know what kind of offense theyre planning to run. And dont you think maybe....just maybe...they think Sanchez is the right guy to run it... i mean, they drafted him after working him out and getting to know him.

Most people that really know the jets are saying it was a waiste???....who the hell knows the jets more then Ryan, Schotty and Tannenbaum.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;3103675]

could you imagine if joe willie was in the draft today?[/QUOTE]

Point taken. Namath would likely not only be a bust in today's game, but he'd probably be in jail with pending lawsuits from women in every NFL city.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DBAKE;3103601]How are we a better team than we were on Friday?? On friday we had 3 unproven Qb's on our roster and after today we will have the same. We have a AFC leading rusher on our team and a superstar rb in washington yet we draft a guy that is not that fast that gil brandt didnt even have in his top 100!! I Hate the Sanchez pick, I hate the Green pick even more and all we have left is a 6th round pick to get a WR, DE , TE and offensive line depth.
    Yes there will be cuts and guys to sign where we can fill these voids but I for one am not happy at all with only 3 picks and so many needs.[/QUOTE]

Dude every year we are like WTF during the draft. Then the Jets go out and make a trade and we all say oh now I know why they draft a RB when we need a WR. I am confident they have a plan. Hopefully for Boldin. Just chill and have some confidence.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HessStation;3103774]I think you might be going through some identity issues.

It's not as much that you don't like the Sanchez pick as much as your reasoning.[/QUOTE]

hess instead of continuing to make smarta$$ remarks try and listen to what i am saying......we are not a better team today then what we were on friday and our hope is that sanchez becomes a franchise QB to which i say the odds are that this will not be the case. i like tanny but wish we would have went after needs such as WR, DE , TE , OL. understand.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think everyone should cut the author of this thread some slack. Tanny has not addressed the biggest needs on this team in this draft. Nor has he added any depth at other positions besides RB. As far as Sanchez is concerned, I live in LA and have watched almost all of his starts. He's a decent QB, and can one day be a good starter in this league [B][COLOR="Red"]BUT[/COLOR][/B] - he is not a savior!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jayrad01;3103802]Dude every year we are like WTF during the draft. Then the Jets go out and make a trade and we all say oh now I know why they draft a RB when we need a WR. I am confident they have a plan. Hopefully for Boldin. Just chill and have some confidence.[/QUOTE]

thats what i am hoping for...but when you are done with a draft you are hoping for a guy who can come in and make an impact right away and if sanchez does not win the starting job over the awful Clemens it will be ugly.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    went into the draft needing a good wr and depth on the o/d line, and we will leave the draft with the same needs

way to go jets, another horrible draft

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DBAKE;3103805]hess instead of continuing to make smarta$$ remarks try and listen to what i am saying......we are not a better team today then what we were on friday and our hope is that sanchez becomes a franchise QB to which i say the odds are that this will not be the case. i like tanny but wish we would have went after needs such as WR, DE , TE , OL. understand.[/QUOTE]

So far you've noted:
    Sanchez is a bad pick because he is unproven and John D Booty played at USC too. You've given absolutely zero information, stats, or player evaluation to back yourself up other than it's what you think. And yet you expect me or anyone else to give you any credibility???

You don't have to like the pick. But you started a thread about not being a crybaby and all you've done is cry.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=simijet;3103808]I think everyone should cut the author of this thread some slack. Tanny has not addressed the biggest needs on this team in this draft. Nor has he added any depth at other positions besides RB. As far as Sanchez is concerned, I live in LA and have watched almost all of his starts. He's a decent QB, and can one day be a good starter in this league [B][COLOR="Red"]BUT[/COLOR][/B] - he is not a savior![/QUOTE]

thanks simi....i knew i would be getting the business when i started this thread....but understand some of these guys want sooo bad to believe that we got "the savior" that they cant bare the thought that it might be a bad pick. we shall see.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SBIII;3103641]Oh ok.

WTF is up with posters saying "Unproven" EVERY ****ING PLAYER in the draft is unproven. NONE have NFL experience.. so what's the difference? It makes zero sense.[/QUOTE]

spot on. I am surprised. Maybe your posts are not completely wothless after all. (j/k dude before you go all hissy)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HessStation;3103840]So far you've noted:
    Sanchez is a bad pick because he is unproven and John D Booty played at USC too. You've given absolutely zero information, stats, or player evaluation to back yourself up other than it's what you think. And yet you expect me or anyone else to give you any credibility???

You don't have to like the pick. But you started a thread about not being a crybaby and all you've done is cry.[/QUOTE]

i have to sit here and go through stats....thats over with, i watched film, i listested to interviews, i went through history with how picks like this work out. and what gives you credibility...nothing.....i am done with you....move out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DBAKE;3103695]10-15 games at USC where they win by 21 points and have stronger faster players at almost every position.....heck john david booty could play well there...oh yeah....nevermind.......he's unproven. make sense?[/QUOTE]

nope. keep trying to make sense though. because, after all, even a blind squirrel can find a nut.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DBAKE;3103863]i have to sit here and go through stats....thats over with, i watched film, i listested to interviews, i went through history with how picks like this work out. and what gives you credibility...nothing.....i am done with you....move out.[/QUOTE]

LOL, ok I'll pack my bags.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DBAKE;3103863]i have to sit here and go through stats....thats over with, i watched film, i listested to interviews, i went through history with how picks like this work out. and what gives you credibility...nothing.....i am done with you....move out.[/QUOTE]

seriously, can you please stop digging your own grave?

"went through history with how picks like this work out"...what the hell is that supposed to mean?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HessStation;3103867]LOL, ok I'll pack my bags.[/QUOTE]

thought so.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bubby Brister;3103879]seriously, can you please stop digging your own grave?

"went through history with how picks like this work out"...what the hell is that supposed to mean?[/QUOTE]

He has no idea.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DE94Abraham;3103791]Good thing you only have 4 posts.

Dont you think that Rex Ryan and Brian Schottenheimer know what kind of offense theyre planning to run. And dont you think maybe....just maybe...they think Sanchez is the right guy to run it... i mean, they drafted him after working him out and getting to know him.

Most people that really know the jets are saying it was a waiste???....who the hell knows the jets more then Ryan, Schotty and Tannenbaum.[/QUOTE]

I used to post a lot before I found anther site. Not sure where all my post went.

No I do not if they are drafting hacks like Sanchez. All the kid does is chuck the ball down field. That right their kills 98% of the offense we normally run. I also find it funny how they pick Sanchez because Brian Schottenheimer is on record saying he though Freeman looked better then Sanchez. So yes I do not think the GM is not even listening to his coaches on this one. Tannenbaum should be fire IMO.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bubby Brister;3103879]seriously, can you please stop digging your own grave?

"went through history with how picks like this work out"...what the hell is that supposed to mean?[/QUOTE]

go look up how junior qb's who have 1 year of starting exp. make out in the nfl....report your findings.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

ummm from what I have read in this thread, the concern about lack of credibility lies elsewhere. :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DBAKE;3103889]go look up how junior qb's who have 1 year of starting exp. make out in the nfl....report your findings.[/QUOTE]

It's your thread big shot. We're all waiting on you.