Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: I hate to be negative...but this sucks!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HessStation;3104122]No man, I'm cool with opinions here, including DBAKE.
    It's just nice when people back up there opinion a little more. I'm with you player.

I like the picks but there is always uncertainty.[/QUOTE]

I guess we'll keep our fingers. We're about do for some luck.:D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DBAKE;3103729]winston, thats a good point and i guess if he played 1 more year and had another great season we most likely couldnt get him but the odds of drafting a junior qb with little experience and having him succeed are real low.[/QUOTE]

Not to be argumentative:D one of the pluses of Sanchez is he has played with top talent and practiced with top talent and ran a pro set. He isn't going to be freaked out by the speed in the NFL. I happen to really like a lot of Clemens skills, nice live arm release smarts but he was totally unprepared to be an NFL pocket passer. His footwork was atrocious. Watch Sanchez move, the guy is fundementally very well coached.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;3103998]A bad pick in the 3rd round when he was an early to mid 2nd in almost every mock draft?

He's a solid back TX. In fact, I'll make a wager with you that he turns out to have much better career than Laurence Maroney.[/QUOTE]

Has Greene ever broken 5.0 in the 40? :rolleyes:

Just what the Jets need, another RB with no break-away speed.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;3104234]Not to be argumentative:D one of the pluses of Sanchez is he has played with top talent and practiced with top talent and ran a pro set. He isn't going to be freaked out by the speed in the NFL. I happen to really like a lot of Clemens skills, nice live arm release smarts but he was totally unprepared to be an NFL pocket passer. His footwork was atrocious. Watch Sanchez move, the guy is fundementally very well coached.[/QUOTE]

to be honest, i thought the jets interest in sanchez was all smoke, i was wrong, so i have been "digging" this morning as much as possible and i must admit i am finding things i like...although the odds are still long for him to be who we hope he will be..:rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3104253]Has Greene ever broken 5.0 in the 40? :rolleyes:

Just what the Jets need, another RB with no break-away speed.[/QUOTE]

i know your just being yourself....but yeah....he looks slow to me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Leon doesn't have break away speed??:eek: BTW what did you think of the Hobbs trade??

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't Dillion the last Pats starting running back to hold the trophy. He couldn't break 5 running naked with a tail wind.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3104258]Leon doesn't have break away speed??:eek: BTW what did you think of the Hobbs trade??[/QUOTE]

Never really liked the guy (way too short and not physical enough to play CB) but I thought he would have been worth more than two 5th's.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can live with the Sanchez pick, we really didn't given up too much to make the jump we made to grab him. Don't understand why we traded up for a RB? WR or TE would've been more practical.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    First of all....FANS NO JACK ****E ABOUT SCOUTING...If the Jets love Sanchez then I'm all for it...QB's are HARD to find. Fans on this board used to love Derek Pagel, Eric SMith, Schegel etc...The draft is an absolte crap shoot. I'd give up the entire draft to find a franchise QB..Hopefully Sanchez is that guy..As far as depth goes who cares...rd's 3-7 may all have been busts...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am excited by both picks and I wont come down on a player or pick until it has a chance to pan out. If Mark Sanchez and Shonn Greene end up sucking than yea it was a crappy draft but jeez the draft isn't even frigin over yet its still the 5th round. I am a bit disappointed that we did not build up depth but I think Sanchez is a very good prospect and Shonn Greene is a very underrated RB. It is also only April so we are not necessarily done regarding trades for a WR possibly. Every prospect is unproven as a few have said but the positives are they both played in solid conferences against good competition. Sanchez has been a blue chip prospect since he was the No.1 QB prospect coming out of Mission Viejo high school. He may not have played in 35-40 games but he played in a big market, played against NFL caliber defenses day in and day out at USC, runs a pro style offense and has solid intangibles. Lets wait to say this draft sucks until the players have a chance to prove themselves, all this negative banter will be for not if they both become all Pro's so lets give them a chance before we condemn this draft please.