Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: don't doubt tanny anymore.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

don't doubt tanny anymore.

what he has done is great for the jets.he has picked two future all pros in this draft.which in many knowledgable soothsayers in the football world.was a very weak draft in comparison to other past drafts.new york is enamored by hollywood good looks.thats what sells tickets for woodys new stadium. the chicas in new york are all waiting to join the sanchez bandwagon.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    we'll see how Sanchez does...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I couldn't disagree more. What I've see in Tanny is an impatient fan who knows nothing about building a team. IMO it's a fatal mistake to become fixated on certain players to the extent that you are seriously neglecting other positions on the team. I think time will prove me to be correct.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=simijet;3103762]I couldn't disagree more. What I've see in Tanny is an impatient fan who knows nothing about building a team. IMO it's a fatal mistake to become fixated on certain players to the extent that you are seriously neglecting other positions on the team. I think time will prove me to be correct.[/QUOTE]

weren't the jets competitive last season?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets rooter;3103869]weren't the jets competitive last season?[/QUOTE]

Yes they were [B]AND[/B] they might be competitive this year too. Eventually, a team ends up paying for not utilizing many of the draft picks allotted to them. I'm hoping that free agents can step up and add some of the depth necessary to be successful in this league, but that is asking a little too much IMO.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    you're forgetting how active tanny is in FA. needs that other teams address with their mid-late round picks tanny just addresses with woody's checkbook.

i like tannys style. although i do think he went overboard with trading up in the third again, we coulda used that 4th rounder since that's our lucky round.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Say what you will but Tanny has proven himself to be aong the most creative gms in the league. Lets face it no one, I mean no one predicted this trade. Like Jon Gruden said the Jets are doing everything that they can to be winners and I have to give Tanny kudos for that.

His last 4 drafts (including this one) and FA acquisitions have been outstanding. If Gholston comes around (and even I am getting more and more optimistic about this) its like we have another high draft pick.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Johnny Rico;3103914]you're forgetting how active tanny is in FA. needs that other teams address with their mid-late round picks tanny just addresses with woody's checkbook.

i like tannys style. although i do think he went overboard with trading up in the third again, we coulda used that 4th rounder since that's our lucky round.[/QUOTE]

You just proved my point. He's been very active in free agency going after big-name guys. This is how a fan views things. Tanny is Daniel Snyder without the money.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    J. R,

You make a good point. As many of the announcers have stated over and over, "This is the worst draft class in many, many years."

I guess if we get a couple of very good players, we should be happy.

I just hope Sanchez turns out better than the last couple of USC Qb's.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Tannenbaum has been pretty hit or miss myself, but there wont be much more time to make excuses for him. He has drafted 4 times and 3 of those times we ended up with a top 5 pick in the NFL draft. He has also traded his way into the first round two other times (Mangold and Keller). With that amount of picks as well as all the free agency money there is no reason for the Jets to continue to be non competitive when it comes to a division title. If by 2010 the Jets do not make a run at the division the guy has to be considered a failure.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VAJET58;3103981]As many of the announcers have stated over and over, "This is the worst draft class in many, many years"[/QUOTE]

and i thought it was just me.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VAJET58;3103981]J. R,

You make a good point. As many of the announcers have stated over and over, "This is the worst draft class in many, many years."

I guess if we get a couple of very good players, we should be happy.

[B]I just hope Sanchez turns out better than the last couple of USC Qb's[/B].[/QUOTE]

=====================================================

I agree. If Sanchez turns out as good or better then Matt Cassell, I will be very happy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets rooter;3103637]what he has done is great for the jets.he has picked two future all pros in this draft.which in many knowledgable soothsayers in the football world.was a very weak draft in comparison to other past drafts.new york is enamored by hollywood good looks.thats what sells tickets for woodys new stadium. the chicas in new york are all waiting to join the sanchez bandwagon.[/QUOTE]

I actually doubt him more. I personally do not agree with the philosophy in drafting the Jets clearly have of targeting one player and trading players and picks to go up and get him.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    who could not doubt tannenbaum??? there's no doubting the Jets are always the leasgue's best in March and April!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pats have about 15 picks in this draft. Pats WIN SUPER BOWLS.

We have like 3 picks in the draft. and we win nothing.

Good job Tannenclown.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3104069]Pats have about 15 picks in this draft. Pats WIN SUPER BOWLS.

We have like 3 picks in the draft. and we win nothing.

Good job Tannenclown.[/QUOTE]

Wow! I'm agreeing with you:eek:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you Kidding me? Tanny has proven he can move around and find players.. as to who the f*ck is telling him which players to go for? well I hope this year's draft speaks to Woody more than Tanny. Walking out of the draft 2 picks in 5 rounds so far is a joke.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :D wait a minute.....everyone is licking the Patriots scrotum for what they did yet they are qustioning the Jets???? did some of you take a look at the jets offseasons moves (which are not done) look at the Jets roster and what Tanny has done...give the man some damn credit! LOL

[QUOTE=vin777b;3103731]we'll see how Sanchez does...[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :DPats win superbowls? Hmmmm last I saw they missed the playoffs last year and the last few superbowl winners were Named Steelers (twice) Giants...colts.

Get off the patriots jock straps.....I think the Jets beat them the last time they played....sorry you missed it.

[QUOTE=simijet;3104103]Wow! I'm agreeing with you:eek:[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am sorry but he has spent like a drunken sailor to get free agents which does not take any great skill except to keep on bidding after everyone else thinks the price has gone beyond the point where the value justifies the deal.

People starting threads like this one were the same folks declaring Mike T. was the greatest thing since sliced bread after the Farve deal got done. You know, the one where Mike Tannenbaum never met a microphone he didn't like to talk about how HIS persistence and HIS determination got the deal done. Yes the same Mike Tannenbaum who was nowhere to be found when Favre stunk up the end of the season for us. Yes, THAT Mike Tannenbaum.

Tannenbaum gave us Mangini.

Tannenbaum gave us the Pete Kendall mess and the Derelle Revis contract mess. Sure, Revis was a great pick but we ended up overpaying to get him signed by as much as ten million dollars or more. Not good GM'ing there.

Tannenbaum has now traded away a boatload of picks during his time here when all the best franchises are accumulating picks. I guess he is smarter than all of those other GM's. You know, the ones who have Superbowl rings and Championships and stuff.

If making a splash is the measuring stick then yes, Mike Tannenbaum is a success. Right up there with Daniel Snyder, Jerry Jones and Al Davies.
    Last edited by EM31; 04-26-2009 at 03:02 PM.