Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plaxico the missing piece?

Hall Of Fame

Plaxico the missing piece?

We obviously have WR as our glaring need and Plax will be cleared soon and on the market, where else would he go and be able to stick it to the Giants?

Is he the answer? I think he could be and I see Tanny bringing him in when the dust settles.

If its an incentive based contract .... ABSOLUTELY!

but hes way to much of a liability to put guaranteed money into

Banned
    Burress has played in this league for years and has been nothing but a Beast of a top WR for years now. The whole Giants offense fell apart last year without Burress.

Yeah, the man made a mistake and a mistake that he's paying for but he's no Mike Vick (Did an Evil thing, a sick person in the head) or Packman Jones (Never learned and has been in trouble since day one) and if anything...Burress deserves a 2nd chance and something tells me that he loves it here in New York.

The man had a gun and made a mistake but who did he hurt? Other than himself. If Vick only did a year in Prison for HURTING innocent dogs, then killing them if they didnt win the fight...Thats SICK and he only got one year? Something tells me Burress will only get 3-6 Months...If that. And it could take 2+ years before he does a single day in jail and who knows...He may never do a single day in jail.

I say we sign this man and enter 2009 with one hell of a team.

QB- Mark Sanchez with Kellen Clemens as our backup.

RB- Thomas Jones, Leon Washington, Shonn Greene

FB- Tony Richardson

TE- Dustin Keller

WR #1- Plaxico Burress
    WR #2- Jericho Cotchery
    Slot WR-Chauncey Stuckey
    WR #4 (Deph)-David Clowney
    WR #5 (Deph) Marcus Henry

WoW...With a Solid O-Line, Rushing Attack along with a Rex Ryan 3-4 Defense...We could win the whole damn thing with a ****ing rookie QB.

Sign me up, I'm all for it.

in a heartbeat, i hope we seriously consider it and get it done.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    we better...

I thought he might be going to jail though?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I assumed the Jets would be keeping tabs on Plaxico.

I have to believe that either Plaxico or Edwards will be a Jet this year.

All League
    he will likely see jail time and be suspended by the league so he might not be able to play at all next year

Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post
    we better...

I thought he might be going to jail though?
    ... yeah something about shooting himself in the leg at a club with an unregistered gun? im not sure tho but i think thats illegal

Veteran
    one problem: Plax is probably going to do time on felony gun possession charges.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bro Green View Post
    We obviously have WR as our glaring need and Plax will be cleared soon and on the market, where else would he go and be able to stick it to the Giants?

Is he the answer? I think he could be and I see Tanny bringing him in when the dust settles.
    When is his parole board hearing again?

Will he be missing any time this season or should I ask: when will he start serving time? Wouldn't all that need clarification before any team invests a nickel in this talented loser?

Veteran
    Not a bad idea.

Hall Of Fame
    If he's cleared and I expect his high priced lawyers will get him a long probation period with alot of community service hours. I cant imagine he goes to jail in new york with the over population issues they have in their system, his crime was non violent and he had no priors (I think)

5 years probation and 2500 community service hours = 3 year deal with heavy incentives to be a JET

All League
    He did wear Green & White in college...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    If he's cleared and I expect his high priced lawyers will get him a long probation period with alot of community service hours. I cant imagine he goes to jail in new york with the over population issues they have in their system, his crime was non violent and he had no priors (I think)

5 years probation and 2500 community service hours = 3 year deal with heavy incentives to be a JET
    I think you are overlooking the fact that Plax will be staring at an unspecifed suspension from the NFL for violating the leagues personal conduct policy if he's adjudicated guilty in any way, shape or form, regardless of what his sentence is.

As much as we need a receiver with Plax's abilities, I don't think that's the kind of message that Rex Ryan, a new head coach wants to send to the rest of the NFL.

We are not the Bengals or the Cowboys.

Hall Of Fame
    you know very well that the likely outcome is a reduction to a misdemeanor and then adjudication on the lower charge, suspension highly unlikely in that case, how many DUIs happen in the league and there is not league mandated suspension?

were not talking stallworth here

Undrafted Free Agent
    i don't want that guy anywhere near NJ/NY, let alone any NYJ facility!! screw him, he is total trash.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    he is going to serve time.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by gpers75 View Post
    i don't want that guy anywhere near NJ/NY, let alone any NYJ facility!! screw him, he is total trash.
    a little harsh?

the man shot himself, not another person

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by gpers75 View Post
    +1

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I cant imagine he goes to jail in new york with the over population issues they have in their system, his crime was non violent and he had no priors (I think)

5 years probation and 2500 community service hours
    Are you familiar with NYC gun laws?