View Poll Results: Who got the better deal in the Sanchez trade?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cleveland

3 4.41%
  • New York

65 95.59%

Thread: Who got the better deal in the Sanchez trade?

Who got the better deal in the Sanchez trade?

Cleveland and Mangini and Rob?

or

The New York Jets and Rex and Tanny?

impossible to say.

we don't know what Sanchez will do.

and i still have a feeling Brett Ratliff may be a winner

Honestly, it was a good deal for both sides.

All League
    As of right now, I'd say Cleveland. Mangini got three of his old players, which is an important thing to a coach (Ryan did the same thing when he came here). Additionally, the Browns were able to ultimately stockpile second round picks which they utilized to help their offense.

The Jets, on the other hand, came across as desperate at the QB spot. While I think they did a wonderful job as far as compensation is concerned in moving up to #5 - they'd better hope Sanchez pans out or this regime could be gone more quickly than anticipated.

Good deal for the Jets, except the 2nd round pick. Was hoping to pick a WR or DE in round 2.

Was not a Sanchez fan initially, but now he's a Jet, I'm rooting for him...good luck

Ive been a little on the fense about this, but I said Jets. In terms of what we gave up to move from 17 to 5 it was really nothing...some JAGS and a later second...What makes it hard to swallow is the three players while not being so great they still provide great depth, which the team was already lacking. I think long term it favors Jets, but it may hurt this year, especially losing more picks with Greene.

All League
    Charter JI Member

From a historical standpoint, the Jets got a steal in only giving up thier 2nd rounder and three players that were marginal at best and didnt' really fit into the teams plans to move into the top five of the draft.

What Sanchez pans out too has no bearing on the fact that for the move they made 17 - 5. They gave up IMO next to nothing.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=vin777b;3103812]impossible to say.

we don't know what Sanchez will do.

and i still have a feeling Brett Ratliff may be a winner[/QUOTE]

I too still have that lingeringfeeling about Ratty. BUT, he's currently #3 on that depth chart behind 2 good QBs. Who knows when he'll ever see the field.

[QUOTE=BleedingGreen;3103932]I too still have that lingeringfeeling about Ratty. BUT, he's currently #3 on that depth chart behind 2 good QBs. Who knows when he'll ever see the field.[/QUOTE]

tru

Jets Insider VIP
    Easily the Jets

We come away with a potential franchise QB at the price of a 2nd round pick and three fringe players.

Tanny is the man.

All League
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;3103958]Easily the Jets

We come away with a potential franchise QB at the price of a 2nd round pick and three fringe players.

Tanny is the man.[/QUOTE]

Agree 100% with this trade. That said I do have resevations about our trade-up in round 3 like the player but wonder what type of players the Jets have passed on to get him.

All League
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;3103958]Easily the Jets

We come away with a [B]potential [/B]franchise QB at the price of a 2nd round pick and three fringe players.

Tanny is the man.[/QUOTE]

The word "potential" is the key. I think it works for both teams if Sanchez pans out and becomes an adequate game manager. If you're expecting more, I'd just caution you to be patient with the guy.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Bocajetfan68;3103979]Agree 100% with this trade. That said I do have resevations about our trade-up in round 3 like the player but wonder what type of players the Jets have passed on to get him.[/QUOTE]

I can understand having some doubts about moving up for Greene, but I don't see how anyone couldn't love the trade up for Sanchez unless they absolutely despise him as a prospect.

Good trade for both teams, Browns are refreshing the team, Eric learned his lesson and the Jets get a high potential QB who wants to be here:yes:

Why the Jets of course.