Thread: The Green Bay Packers new front 7 / Who do you think did well this weekend?

All League

The Green Bay Packers new front 7 / Who do you think did well this weekend?

I know, we're all excited or pissed about the Jets draft, but I always like to look around the league and see what other teams are doing.

Looking over the Packers draft, I thought to myself "Goddam!"

Teddy T drafts Rajii and Clay Matthews... probably the best two players at their position and two positions of need... Think of their front 7 now.....

DE: Cullen Jenkins
    NT: BJ Rajii
    DE: Ryan Pickett

OLB: Aarron Kampman (converted 4-3 DE, 6-4 265, 27.5 sacks in the last two years)
    ILB: Nick Barnett
    ILB: Clay Matthews
    OLB: AJ Hawk

They did well for themselves today, no doubt about it.

Look at those names again.... they might not be superstars, and Kampman and Barnett should be at this point IMO, but they're just good tough football players.

I REALLY really like what they did.

[QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;3103903]I know, we're all excited or pissed about the Jets draft, but I always like to look around the league and see what other teams are doing.

Looking over the Packers draft, I thought to myself "Goddam!"

Teddy T drafts Rajii and Clay Matthews... probably the best two players at their position and two positions of need... Think of their front 7 now.....

DE: Cullen Jenkins
    NT: BJ Rajii
    DE: Ryan Pickett

OLB: Aarron Kampman (converted 4-3 DE, 6-4 265, 27.5 sacks in the last two years)
    ILB: Nick Barnett
    ILB: Clay Matthews
    OLB: AJ Hawk

They did well for themselves today, no doubt about it.

Look at those names again.... they might not be superstars, and Kampman and Barnett should be at this point IMO, but they're just good tough football players.

I REALLY really like what they did.[/QUOTE]

My Packers fan friend is ecstatic today. Philly and Green Bay have done well. Atlanta, by acquiring Gonzo (who should be fine for another 2 -3 yrs) for only a 2010 2nd in addition to their picks have also done great.

It just comes down to whether players are going to be good or not...

Clay Mathews will not be a good player.

Raji is a good pick though. He'll be a good player. Harrell from Tenn was made for the 3-4 even when the picked him a couple years ago. If he stays healthy then he's a very good player in that scheme. Cullen Jenkins will fit that scheme well too. AJ Hawk has always been better fitted towards that scheme.

Oh... And Mathews will play outside while Hawk moves to the inside. THey'll realize soon enough that Mathews just isn't good though.