Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we 100% certain that Sanchez isn't Leinert?

Are we 100% certain that Sanchez isn't Leinert?

:eek:

Compare the two:

Sanchez is more athletic overall

Theyre even as far as charisma and confidence goes

I'll give a slight edge to Sanchez arm strength wise

Edge to Leinert for college experience

We needed a QB. The draft 3 years ago was deeper at QB. Still the gun slinging 6'6 1/2 Freeman was there for the taking.

Sanchez looks like the real deal. I just hope his personality didnt "sell" him to Rex and blinded the Jets to his flaws.

I still love the pick :yes:
    Last edited by Schroy48; 04-26-2009 at 02:10 PM.

Are we 100% certain that Sanchez isn't Palmer?

[QUOTE=Schroy48;3103944]:eek:

Compare the two:

I still love the pick :yes:[/QUOTE]

When compared to the looks of "Vince" from the show "Entourage" Sal Palantonio asked him if he was worried that New Yorkers will see him walking down the street and yell "Vince" Sanchez replied, " No, New Yorkers will be yelling at "Vince" thinking he's ME"................LOVE THE CONFIDENCE!!!!!!

All League

Compare the two:

[B]I'll give a slight edge to Leinert as far as arm strength[/B]

We needed a QB. The draft 3 years ago was deeper at QB. Still the gun slinging 6'6 1/2 Freeman was there for the taking.

Sanchez looks like the real deal. I just hope his personality didnt "sell" him to Rex and blinded the Jets to his flaws.

God help us then.

Sanchez sure looks the part (resembling Leinart), doesn't he ?

will put it like this: if Sanchez can play as well as Matt Cassell (a player who couldn't even make the first team at USC) did last year, then Jets fans will have reason to be very happy. Big *if* IMO however

[QUOTE=copernicus;3103953]When compared to the looks of "Vince" from the show "Entourage" Sal Palantonio asked him if he was worried that New Yorkers will see him walking down the street and yell "Vince" Sanchez replied, " No, New Yorkers will be yelling at "Vince" thinking he's ME"................LOVE THE CONFIDENCE!!!!!![/QUOTE]

that, 79 cents will buy a pack of gum.

All League

Compare the two:

I'll give a slight edge to Leinert as far as arm strength

Leinart has better size. Other than that, Sanchez has more athleticism, a better work ethic, and a better arm. Leinart's arm strength is comparable to the pre-injury arm of Pennington. Very accurate, but could bring down rain on anything over 20 yards.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Schroy48;3103944]I'll give a slight edge to Leinert as far as arm strength[/QUOTE]

That just killed your entire argument.

Compare the two:

I'll give a slight edge to Leinert as far as arm strength

work ethic and dedication are huge differences. No contest

We're 100% sure that Sanchez isn't Leinart, seeing as he doesn't have Kurt Warner there to keep him glued to the bench.

I'm consistent in my thinking that Leinart will be a good NFL quarterback. That said, they're different types of players. Leinart is bigger and reads the field better, while Sanchez is more mobile and has the stronger arm.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    I am absolutely not sure that Sanchez isn't Leinhart.

That's exactly why I was, and am, so leary of moving up to get this guy.

I hope the coaches were right, and I am wrong, I really do.

Sanchez's confidence and charisma seems to be more focused toward good than Leinart's at this point.

We're certain that Kellen Clemens is Akili Smith tho, thats why we made the move.

[QUOTE=vin777b;3103972]that, 79 cents will buy a pack of gum.[/QUOTE]

Just loved the quick response to the comment thats all..............I know its what is done on the field.........IMHO its better than a sheepish "Huh, yeah I know"....................

Dear God it's the ****ING draft people. Nobody is 100% sure of anything. That is the beauty of it!

Are we 100% sure he's not Peyton Manning, Ryan Leaf, Kellen Clemens, Chad Pennington, Jay Cutler, or Matt Ryan?

No, you can't be...

[QUOTE=Untouchable;3103978]That just killed your entire argument.[/QUOTE]

No it didnt.

Leinert just SEEMED to make deep passes more often. But, I could be wrong because i saw more of Leinert. I never thought Leinert had a "gun". Sanchez has shown he can throw 45 yards on the run. We'll see. Their arms are comparable IMO.

yes - he is latino

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3103999]I am absolutely not sure that Sanchez isn't Leinhart.

That's exactly why I was, and am, so leary of moving up to get this guy.

I hope the coaches were right, and I am wrong, I really do.[/QUOTE]

Arod, I remember you loved the Clemens pick from day one.

If you're not convinced that Sanchez isn't the next Leinart, then why aren't you convinced that Clemens isn't the next Joey Harrington or Akili Smith?

Comparing guys just because they went to the same school is ridiculous IMO. Sanchez and Leinart really have nothing in common other than playing QB for the Trojans.

It would be no different than me saying Sam Bradford is the next Jason White simply because their both former Heisman winners who played for Oklahoma.

[QUOTE=BIGKIDD325;3104025]Are we 100% sure he's not Peyton Manning, Ryan Leaf, Kellen Clemens, Chad Pennington, Jay Cutler, or Matt Ryan?[/QUOTE]

Well, at least i know he's not an a-hole :D

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Schroy48;3104026]No it didnt.

Leinert just SEEMED to make deep passes more often. But, I could be wrong because i saw more of Leinert. I never thought Leinert had a "gun". Sanchez has shown he can throw 45 yards on the run. We'll see. Their arms are comparable IMO.[/QUOTE]

How does attempting more deep passes translate to having a stronger arm? :huh: