Thread: PFT: Bears tried to trade for Boldin, Jets might be next

Jets Insider VIP

PFT: Bears tried to trade for Boldin, Jets might be next

Posted by Mike Florio on April 26, 2009, 1:17 p.m. EDT

The Bears tried to address their glaring needs at receiver by sending their second-round pick to the Cardinals for Anquan Boldin, according to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Sun-Times.

But the 49th overall pick wasn’t enough to land the guy who entered the league as the 54th overall selection in 2003.

“I would assume [trade talks are dead],” G.M. Jerry Angelo said. ”If it was going to happen, it would happen [Saturday]. How motivated they were or weren’t — they came out [asking for] a one and a three and there were things that I read, so I really don’t know what their thinking was.”

[B]Given that the Jets tried to trade back into round one to get receiver Percy Harvin and have yet to pick a wideout, don’t be shocked if the Mike Tannenbaum Job Security Desperation Tour includes an effort to send one or more conditional 2010 draft picks to the Cards for Boldin.

If, after all, the Jets stink this year, Tannenbaum wouldn’t be in New York to not use the picks he’d be shipping to Arizona.[/B]

NO. Boldin is getting old, and wants too much $. Edwards is younger, taller, less money, easier to get. Give Me Braylon.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Does anyone think that Tanny's job is in doubt like it is assumed to be in this article? I think he's been one of the better GM's we've ever had and has gotten himself a little more job security than he's being given credit for here.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'd make this move.

We have our potential franchise QB and we just drafted Greene to be the heir to Jones. An elite WR is the one thing holding this team back from looking VERY good on both sides of the ball in the coming years.

Banned
    That sounds like pure, 150% speculation to me...speculative reporting...also known as claiming.

All Pro
    Pay a top 5 pick qb plus sign boldin, puhleaze

All Pro
    forget it. We've dug our grave this year, we better see it through. I can't fathom walking into next year's draft and coming out with 2 picks again.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=David Harris;3104135]Pay a top 5 pick qb plus sign boldin, puhleaze[/QUOTE]

someone gets it. Boldin isn't even an option with the $$$ we are going to invest in Sanchez and Leon.

[QUOTE=K-Ro 25;3104096]NO. Boldin is getting old, and wants too much $. Edwards is younger, taller, less money, easier to get. Give Me Braylon.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you K-Ro.

Florio is such a giant a$$hole.