Thread: If sanchez starts....

If sanchez starts....

Lets just say hypothetically that sanchez starts and plays the same way clemens did back when he started. Our recievers start dropping all his passes. Will all you who are happy with the pick, call for his head as quickly as you did with clemens?

Now let's just say clemens outplays sanchez, ala warner over leinart ala collins over young(yeah i know they both two old vets, not comparable to clemens.) But what if he did outplay the soon to be 64 million or so with about 35 guaranteed million dollar man. Then what? trade clemens or sanchez?

Listen i am not happy that we have no depth, again our front office philosophy shows that they are after quality over quantity. But we have holes all over the place. We have no recievers for our new toy to throw to, unless they feel that clowney can be the number 1 receiver. But whatever i will support my teams pick(s) and wait to see what unfolds. But for now it is looking like the pats are going to whoop our ass this year. BLAH!

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :D dump

[QUOTE=crayc;3104125]Lets just say hypothetically that sanchez starts and plays the same way clemens did back when he started. Our recievers start dropping all his passes. Will all you who are happy with the pick, call for his head as quickly as you did with clemens?

Now let's just say clemens outplays sanchez, ala warner over leinart ala collins over young(yeah i know they both two old vets, not comparable to clemens.) But what if he did outplay the soon to be 64 million or so with about 35 guaranteed million dollar man. Then what? trade clemens or sanchez?

Listen i am not happy that we have no depth, again our front office philosophy shows that they are after quality over quantity. But we have holes all over the place. We have no recievers for our new toy to throw to, unless they feel that clowney can be the number 1 receiver. But whatever i will support my teams pick(s) and wait to see what unfolds. But for now it is looking like the pats are going to whoop our ass this year. BLAH![/QUOTE]

Veteran
    [QUOTE=crayc;3104125]Lets just say hypothetically that sanchez starts and plays the same way clemens did back when he started. Our recievers start dropping all his passes. Will all you who are happy with the pick, call for his head as quickly as you did with clemens?

Listen i am not happy that we have no depth, again our front office philosophy shows that they are after quality over quantity. But we have holes all over the place. We have no recievers for our new toy to throw to, unless they feel that clowney can be the number 1 receiver. But whatever i will support my teams pick(s) and wait to see what unfolds. But for now it is looking like the pats are going to whoop our ass this year. BLAH![/QUOTE]

The ideal situation would be that Clemens lives up to being a 2nd round pick and starts this year, and gets traded next year. Then give then reigns to Sanchez in 2010. I think this regime believes that Sanchez could be ready to start week 1 so a year learning the system wont hurt any.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    QB's taken in the Top 5 of the draft get more time to prove themselves than 2nd rounders. It's just the nature of the business.

The Jets are now committed to Mark Sanchez. We have basically no commitment to Clemens who is a former 2nd round pick who is making peanuts and is heading into the last year of his contract.

Am I the only one that things Cotchery isnt a terrible No. 1 wide receiver? Derrick Mason was a number one receiver. Who on the Dolphins is better than him? Maybe Sanchez is the kind of guy that makes the players around him better.

Isn't Clemens a FA after this year? I'd like to see Clemens come out big but at this point he may not even be our backup. Ainge is a very good QB as well how has a much longer contract. We have to start who ever is our future this year. If Sanchez isn't the starter right off the bat someone is getting fired.

All League
    [QUOTE=MainManMickens24;3104168]Am I the only one that things Cotchery isnt a terrible No. 1 wide receiver? Derrick Mason was a number one receiver. Who on the Dolphins is better than him? Maybe Sanchez is the kind of guy that makes the players around him better.[/QUOTE]

Cotchery is a well below average #1 WR.

[QUOTE=Dreamers;3104174]Isn't Clemens a FA after this year? I'd like to see Clemens come out big but at this point he may not even be our backup. Ainge is a very good QB as well how has a much longer contract. We have to start who ever is our future this year. If Sanchez isn't the starter right off the bat someone is getting fired.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I think we have a qb competition and let the best man start. I think we are going to be a smash mouth running team. I love the green pick. I think we should have traded jones away for a 4th.