Thread: Other than some of the posters on JI......

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Other than some of the posters on JI......

Other than some of the posters on JI has anyone found a commentator, expert or analyst that has something negative to say about Mark Sanchez? Someone on the NFL Network or ESPN that thinks he will not succeed?

It seems that universally everyone believes this kid will succeed. In comparison, Matt Stafford has many doubters and some even believe that Sanchez is better. I cant say that I can look at Sanchez physically and say "this kid will succeed" but it is reassuring to hear ALL of the experts on the same page about him...........

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    NOPE...not a single one. But then again, the well educated, well versed football personnel experts on here are the only opinions that matter, right? ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is a valid point but to be honest, most experts don't know the total make up of the team like a lot of fans on here do.

They don't know clemens, they don't know how many real holes we have on the team, they know things player by player but they do not know the team.

I'm enouraged that so many experts think so highly of the guy, a respected guy in Jaws thought clemens was the real deal.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;3104231]That is a valid point but to be honest, most experts don't know the total make up of the team like a lot of fans on here do.

They don't know clemens, they don't know how many real holes we have on the team, they know things player by player but they do not know the team.

I'm enouraged that so many experts think so highly of the guy, a respected guy in Jaws thought clemens was the real deal.[/QUOTE]

So true. While these guys are better equipped to make an impartial analysis, they don't know the team like we do. For that matter, Rex doesn't really know yet either.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;3104231]That is a valid point but to be honest, most experts don't know the total make up of the team like a lot of fans on here do.

I'm enouraged that so many experts think so highly of the guy, a respected guy in Jaws thought clemens was the real deal.[/QUOTE]

Agreed Beerfish. I argue with many of the fans in my circle that Jaws thinks highly of Clemens and how that means "something." The difference is that some "experts" thought Clemens was "not great" while I cant find any that criticize Sanchez at all. Even Stafford was not universally loved. It is encouraging is all that I'm thinking...............

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only real knock I have heard on him is based around his lack of experience. None of the "experts" are questioning his game as far as physical ability, mechanics, football smarts, etc. Over the past weekend, they have thrown more of those questions towards Stafford and Freeman but they are absolutely glowing about Sanchez. Maybe it's just the hype, but I like what i'm hearing so far.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im not sure why anyone w/ a brain would dislike what the Jets did. The Jets got very lucky they made a trade w/ a former coach that coveted our JAGS. And not to say this wasnt a good move for Clevealand. I would love to get a couple of Ryab's JAGs; it helps in building things. This was a pefect marriage for a QB that has everything you would want.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;3104197]Other than some of the posters on JI has anyone found a commentator, expert or analyst that has something negative to say about Mark Sanchez? Someone on the NFL Network or ESPN that thinks he will not succeed?
    [/QUOTE]

typical Jet fan statement. why can't you just enjoy that we have a franchise QB for years to come?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ray Lucason on SNY didn't like the move. That's really it. He said Sanchez could be very good, but he didn't think it was the right move for other reasons.

I said this somewhere last night, everyone likes this. It was a great move.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SigmaXJet;3104283]typical Jet fan statement. why can't you just enjoy that we have a franchise QB for years to come?[/QUOTE]

I can only speak for me....

Because right now, Sanchez is not a "Franchise QB".

He's a very expensive Draft Pick, who hasn't thrown a pass yet. He's short. His Arm Strength is a potential issue (or so I hear).

And getting him cost us picks and players, on a team that wasn't very deep at all.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SigmaXJet;3104283]typical Jet fan statement. why can't you just enjoy that we have a franchise QB for years to come?[/QUOTE]

Nothing is garenteed and it is interesting to me to discuss all aspects of the draft especially a major move that is made by the JETS. I am not unhappy with our move. Not the least. I am actually excited that commentators and experts universally are on the same page about Sanchez. I think you might be reading me wrong..........

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BIGKIDD325;3104284]Ray Lucason on SNY didn't like the move. That's really it. He said Sanchez could be very good, but he didn't think it was the right move for other reasons.

I said this somewhere last night, everyone likes this. It was a great move.[/QUOTE]

Nice call BIGKIDD. I remember Lucas not liking the move now too...........

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3104322]I can only speak for me....

Because right now, Sanchez is not a "Franchise QB".

He's a very expensive Draft Pick, who hasn't thrown a pass yet. He's short. His Arm Strength is a potential issue (or so I hear).

And getting him cost us picks and players, on a team that wasn't very deep at all.[/QUOTE]

We may not be the best team next year, but Rome wasn't build in a day. Rex Ryan is a first year coach who had absolutely nothing invested in Kellen Clemens. He went out in his first draft, and got his quarterback.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BIGKIDD325;3104284]Ray Lucason on SNY didn't like the move. That's really it. He said Sanchez could be very good, but he didn't think it was the right move for other reasons.

I said this somewhere last night, everyone likes this. It was a great move.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised Ray stayed on last night he said he'd walk off if the Jets went QB..He probably feels bad for KC being a former QB...:yes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe jaws will be proven right.clemens played his first two years behind a horrendous offensive line.just ask thomas jones.he can tell you the difference.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I saw the Sanchez interview on ESPN just now (6th round picks), he really just seems like a great guy. Very easy to root for. Loved how he started off by saying he will get involved in charities of New York City. He really wants to embrace NY. It reminds me of the same attitude Jeter had/has towards becoming a part of this city. Also loved the response to his role as a Latino in a highly populated Spanish city. Said (more or less) if his last name, background, and skin color can inspire a young kid, Spanish or not, to get his degree and play sports than it is all worth it. What a great answer. He seems ready to get in and work hard for the starting job. He has a confidence about him that's really positive, he isn't cocky, big difference, he is a confident young man. Very impressive.................