Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2009 Jets Draft: The Year of "We'll See"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3104817]He is 6'2". That speaks for itself.

As for arm strength, I can watch highlights like the rest of you, but I can also read between the lines, for example:

When a QB is described as "Accurate with Intangibles" in the same breath as discussion of having a weaker arm than his contemporaries, it's pretty obvious arm strength is a potential issue.[/QUOTE]

yet mike mayock was breaking down film on sanchez and showed a play where he threw the ball flat footed (which mayock chastised him for doing) yet still managed to thread the needle on a pass in the seam. mayock said in his very next breath that was all he needed to see to know that sanchez has enough arm strength.

anyway, soon enough we shall see the proof.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3104365]If you believe the above then you and your posts are not in line. Pick a side please. We all agree that the JETS are not a SB team BUT, No team will be competitive w/o a QB. So , you admit that management doesn't like Clemens or the RAT YET you bash them for going after a QB?

Playing both sides of the fence no?????

All the beef in the world without a QB and we are 9 and 7. [B]Clemens had MORE than enough opportunity.
    [/B]
    We need a QB! If not now, when?[/QUOTE]

First off let me state in no uncertain terms that I'm elated with the Sanchez selection. It's not often you get the opportunity to draft a "franchise" QB, so my hats off to Tanny & company.

However, when did Clemens get all of these opportunities? I only remember him starting a handful of games in '07?

If Sanchez gets the opportunity to start this season (probable) he will in all likelihood struggle. It would be unfair, regardless of his potential, to expect him to "light it up" on the field this year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFanatic;3104999]First off let me state in no uncertain terms that I'm elated with the Sanchez selection. It's not often you get the opportunity to draft a "franchise" QB, so my hats off to Tanny & company.

However, when did Clemens get all of these opportunities? I only remember him starting a handful of games in '07?

If Sanchez gets the opportunity to start this season (probable) he will in all likelihood struggle. It would be unfair, regardless of his potential, to expect him to "light it up" on the field this year.[/QUOTE]

I see where your comming from BUT, they have seen Kellen for three years and if they felt the need to do this they must have felt he was not progressing as well as they would like.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;3104952]yet mike mayock was breaking down film on sanchez and showed a play where he threw the ball flat footed (which mayock chastised him for doing) yet still managed to thread the needle on a pass in the seam. mayock said in his very next breath that was all he needed to see to know that sanchez has enough arm strength.

anyway, soon enough we shall see the proof.[/QUOTE]

Sanchez throws the ball off his back foot all the time, this bothers me.