Thread: Very Much Like The 07 Draft

Very Much Like The 07 Draft

WHERE WE TRADED UP FOR rEVIS AND hARRIS AND GAVE UP SOME PICKS. THINK THAT TURNED OUT PRETTY GOOD, WHAT ABOUT YOU GUYS?

I CAN TYPE IN CAPS TOO...

BUT WAIT, WHY? :cool:

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;3104366]I CAN TYPE IN CAPS TOO...

BUT WAIT, WHY? :cool:[/QUOTE]

I had cap locks on...relax dude.

Banned
    [QUOTE=LesterLyles;3104361]WHERE WE TRADED UP FOR rEVIS AND hARRIS AND GAVE UP SOME PICKS. THINK THAT TURNED OUT PRETTY GOOD, WHAT ABOUT YOU GUYS?[/QUOTE]

I loved that draft of 2007 and wouldn't trade it for the world.

After two years of starting, Revis is known as a top 5 CB and one hell of an elite talent. Revis is an up and coming superstar which is exciting and extremely important because we NEED a Top CB such as Revis to man up on AFC East WR's such as Randy Moss and T.O, two times a year.

We also walked away with a cornerstone MLB in David Harris who was actually ranked #1 in the Natrion as far as 3-4 IMLB's go, and thats the reason why I loved the trade up @ the time and I love it even more as of right now because he's the perfect type of MLB to build a tough 3-4 Defense around.

I would LOVE for Shunn Greene to turn into the power back that I dream of, but you know what? If Mark Sanchez turns into the Franchise QB we drafted him to be...This draft will be one of the best drafts in Jets history.

I don't care what anyone says, a franchise QB is worth the price.

All League
    If Sanchez turns out like Revis did, I will have at least a decade long boner.

Actualy this is more like the year where we took D-Rob. Epecially since we lost Coles AGAIN.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;3104397]I don't care what anyone says, a franchise QB is worth the price.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. QB's win championships. It's mindboggling that after 40 years (!) of not even one single SB appearance that some Jet fans think we should just stay the course.

[QUOTE=NYJets 4 Life;3104401]If Sanchez turns out like Revis did, I will have at least a decade long boner.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Nothing better than a real life LOL. +1

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=NYJets 4 Life;3104401]If Sanchez turns out like Revis did, I will have at least a decade long boner.[/QUOTE]

In the meantime you'll spank the monkey to Cutler highlights??:P

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;3104397]I don't care what anyone says, a franchise QB is worth the price.[/QUOTE]

I agree. IF Sanchez is a Franchise QB when he straps it on the NFL Field the next 5-10 seasons as a NY Jet, then yes, the price was absolutely worth it.

If he does not, if he busts, it was not.

So we'll see.

[QUOTE=Warfish;3104569]I agree. IF Sanchez is a Franchise QB when he straps it on the NFL Field the next 5-10 seasons as a NY Jet, then yes, the price was absolutely worth it.

If he does not, if he busts, it was not.

So we'll see.[/QUOTE]

ya think??

bottom line: nobody EVER knows how draft picks will turn out, no matter what position or where they're picked. the Jets really liked Sanchez and went for him, kudos.

i was against moving up b/c i was sure it would cost us our #1 in 2010; at this price, however, it became a no-brainer. the potential for reward is far greater than the risk.
    Last edited by Dirtstar; 04-26-2009 at 05:12 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;3104575]ya think??[/QUOTE]

Point being, the current thoughts of some, that Sanchez is a clear-cut, unquestionable Franhcise QB and Soon to be Super Bowl Winner is......a wee bit optimistic as yet. Not everyone is sold on a short weaker-armed guy who's primary trait is his "intangibles". Some of us have heard that story before, and saw how far even an amazing "intangibles guy" can go.

[QUOTE=Warfish;3104578]Point being, the current thoughts of some, that Sanchez is a clear-cut, unquestionable Franhcise QB and Soon to be Super Bowl Winner is......a wee bit optimistic as yet. Not everyone is sold on a short weaker-armed guy who's primary trait is his "intangibles". Some of us have heard that story before, and saw how far even an amazing "intangibles guy" can go.[/QUOTE]

we agree on that.

and i'm sure that we can also agree that those who are 100% sure that Sanchez is already a franchise QB who will unquestionably lead us to the SB are morons.

all i'm saying is that the Jets took a chance on a potential Franchise QB (and yes, "potential" is the right word for ANY draft pick at this point in time) and the price they paid, in terms of picks and players, is not some crippling ransom that will set the team back for years if the move doesn't work out.

[QUOTE=Warfish;3104578]Point being, the current thoughts of some, that Sanchez is a clear-cut, unquestionable Franhcise QB and Soon to be Super Bowl Winner is......a wee bit optimistic as yet. Not everyone is sold on a short weaker-armed guy who's primary trait is his "intangibles". Some of us have heard that story before, and saw how far even an amazing "intangibles guy" can go.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. And it also scares me a bit because I feel a lot of folks will end up putting him up on a pedestal before he even buckles his chin strap. Then when the struggles early on he'll get killed. I'm sure there will be a large following calling him a bust if Clemens beats him out for the starting job this summer. I am very optimistic about Sanchez but I'm also approaching this with a ton of patience.