Thread: Marvin Harrison still available?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Marvin Harrison still available?

Has anyone signed this old horse?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't he going to retire?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No thanks

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we cant find a way to land a high profile WR such as a Burress, Chad Johnson, Edwards or Boldin, I would actually love to bring in Marvin Harrison for 2009 until we draft a WR with our 1st overall pick during next years draft, I'm all for it. And if anything, Marvin Harrison would be the perfect veteran WR to work on routes with Mark Sanchez because he's had years of experience working with one of the greatest all time QB's to ever play the game in Manning. I think Marvin Harrison could do a lot for Sanchez as far as everything goes.

O-Line- Ferguson-Faneca-Mangold-Moore-Woody

QB- Sanchez

RB- Jones
    RB- Washington
    RB- Greene

FB- Richardson

WR- Harrison
    WR- Cotchery
    Slot-Stucky

TE-Keller

Sign me up. DWC

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3104563]If we cant find a way to land a high profile WR such as a Burress, Chad Johnson, Edwards or Boldin, I would actually love to bring in Marvin Harrison for 2009 until we draft a WR with our 1st overall pick during next years draft, I'm all for it. And if anything, Marvin Harrison would be the perfect veteran WR to work on routes with Mark Sanchez because he's had years of experience working with one of the greatest all time QB's to ever play the game in Manning. I think Marvin Harrison could do a lot for Sanchez as far as everything goes.

O-Line- Ferguson-Faneca-Mangold-Moore-Woody

QB- Sanchez

RB- Jones
    RB- Washington
    RB- Greene

FB- Richardson

WR- Harrison
    WR- Cotchery
    Slot-Stucky

TE-Keller

Sign me up. DWC[/quote]

Yea thats my thinking. Im a bit biased, having gone to college with Marvin, but even as a one year stopgap, till we draft a stud next year... Its better than going into the year with the creampuff WR core we have now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MadCroatian;3104545]Has anyone signed this old horse?[/QUOTE]

He'll be 37 in Aug maybe Rice will play he's even older...:eek:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3104574]He'll be 37 in Aug maybe Rice will play he's even older...:eek:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he will be 37 years of age, but he could still be a great guide for a young QB in Mark Sanchez as far as practicing and running routes together. And as our #1 WR...He could even pull off some big time plays and pick up solid 1st downs for our offense. It's not like he will be on our roster until he's 40 years old but Harrison could be used as a solid player until we draft that WR with next years 1st round pick.

Marvin had an off year last year and he was hurt the year before but he still managed to play in 15 games with 60 receptions for 636 yards with an average of 10.6 along with 5 TD's. He can still help this offense out, even at the old age of 37.

Put it this way, Stucky only had 32 catches last year with the Jets for 359 yards and 3 TD's. I know Stucky was only our slot WR and Harrison was either the Colts 1 or 2 but still...He could help us in a huge way because we may be starting a rookie in Sanchez.

Sign me up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3104592]Yeah, he will be 37 years of age, but he could still be a great guide for a young QB in Mark Sanchez as far as practicing and running routes together. And as our #1 WR...He could even pull off some big time plays and pick up solid 1st downs for our offense. It's not like he will be on our roster until he's 40 years old but Harrison could be used as a solid player until we draft that WR with next years 1st round pick.

Marvin had an off year last year and he was hurt the year before but he still managed to play in 15 games with 60 receptions for 636 yards with an average of 10.6 along with 5 TD's. He can still help this offense out, even at the old age of 37.

Put it this way, Stucky only had 32 catches last year with the Jets for 359 yards and 3 TD's. I know Stucky was only our slot WR and Harrison was either the Colts 1 or 2 but still...He could help us in a huge way because we may be starting a rookie in Sanchez.

Sign me up.[/QUOTE]

We have a new wide receivers coach Henry Ellard that can answer route running questions..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Harrison is done. I'd rather sign Plaxico - he'll probably end up missing the first 8 games next season but he's way better than anyone else out there.