Thread: Sanchez: Best pick of the draft per ESPN

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanchez: Best pick of the draft per ESPN

Wow, anyone watching the draft? Just about universal other than Mort who was being humorous and said Jay Cutler. Herm, Jaworski, Kiper, Wingo, and McShay all made great points. I am impressed. They are also so impressed in how they moved up. Anyone disagree?...........
    Last edited by copernicus; 04-26-2009 at 05:43 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    He was at the top of my draft board, as well, couldn't be happier with the pick :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3104629]He was at the top of my draft board, as well, couldn't be happier with the pick :yes:[/QUOTE]

I was truely ready to give Kellen Clemes the keys to the car but after the past 24 hours and listening to Sanchez I am ready to 100% support this winner. What a class act. Stayed home to be with his grandmother instead of going to NY. This guy will be super easy to root for...........

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not trying to be cocky here guys, but I've honestly told myself over a hundred times since yesterday that the Jets walked away with the best pick of the draft here in 2009. If Sanchez would have stayed another year in school-He would have been the first overall pick of next years draft and it's just impressive how the Jets actually moved from 17 to 5 to draft our Franchise QB.

Does anyone understand how many teams wish they had a QB such as Mark Sanchez right about now?

We now have OUR Franchise QB to build our Offense around for years to come and I have a feeling we wont need to draft a QB with our 1st round pick for a good 10+ years.

WR with our first overall pick next year anyone?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;3104637]I was truely ready to give Kellen Clemes the keys to the car but after the past 24 hours and listening to Sanchez I am ready to 100% support this winner. What a class act. Stayed home to be with his grandmother instead of going to NY. This guy will be super easy to root for...........[/QUOTE]

I agree Cop but the Ghost took care of his sick Dad till he died but it don't make him a better player..YET...;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3104664]I agree Cop but the Ghost took care of his sick Dad till he died but it don't make him a better player..YET...;)[/QUOTE]

LOL, Savage you know me and you got me!!! I'm a sucker for the "good guy" story.................I still have hope for Gholston as well (lord help me)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Herm made a good point?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;3104708]Herm made a good point?[/QUOTE]

Surprisingly, he did. Although I cant remember it. Anyone?............

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;3104708]Herm made a good point?[/QUOTE]

if he did, it was his first this weekend.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;3104637]I was truely ready to give Kellen Clemes the keys to the car but after the past 24 hours and listening to Sanchez I am ready to 100% support this winner. What a class act. Stayed home to be with his grandmother instead of going to NY. This guy will be super easy to root for...........[/QUOTE]

There seems to be a grandmother trend happening with our picks. Shonn Greene has his grandmother's name (Cheryl) tattooed on his neck.

Greene grandmother quote: "She's probably the No. 1 woman in my life right now," Greene said. "She raised me. I have a lot of love for her, a lot of respect. I pretty much owe her this whole ordeal here."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jrex;3104847]There seems to be a grandmother trend happening with our picks. Shonn Greene has his grandmother's name (Cheryl) tattooed on his neck.

Greene grandmother quote: "She's probably the No. 1 woman in my life right now," Greene said. "She raised me. I have a lot of love for her, a lot of respect. I pretty much owe her this whole ordeal here."[/QUOTE]

Grandmas + Jets draft picks = championships!!!!!

GO GRANDMA....................:yes: