Thread: NFL LIVE Crew agree Sanchez is the....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

NFL LIVE Crew agree Sanchez is the....

Best pick in the entire 2009 NFL Draft.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gregfromthebx;3104631]Best pick in the entire 2009 NFL Draft.[/QUOTE]

nice. but i am even more satisfied that phil simms and mike mayock love the player.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;3104642]nice. but i am even more satisfied that phil simms and mike mayock love the player.[/QUOTE]

I agree about Mayock especially since Simms tends to stay away from criticizing anyone. I saw on NFL Network today that Mayock said Sanchez' arm strength is not average, but better than. He showed some video where Sanchez winged the ball [I]accurately[/I] about 35 yards when [I]completely off balance [/I]. Mayock also said he was easily the safest QB pick in the draft in his opinion and that Sanchez improved each and every game last season and that was a clear sign he was not a one and a half year wonder.

The only thing that does scare me is the fact that Maclin and Lesean McCoy slipped down to the 2 spots the Jets would have had w/out getting Sanchez, and as a Jet fan of 31 years I can't help but think that is a bad omen for Sanchez; it's only natural when you're a Jet fan for so long...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm telling you guys. I have mentioned it many times, Simms was on Mike Francessa friday and absolutely drooled about Sanchez. Said he asked permission of Sanchez to watch a private workout and he went to that workout planning to nitpick every single thing he did wrong and came out in awe. Said he makes every pass, has all the skills to be a great QB..

I can't wait for training camp.

Remember, he has been really good recently in terms of ranking QBs. He liked Cutler over Leinart and Young and said that Manning, Eli and Rivers trio was going to be very successful. Hopefully he is correct on Mark, OUR FRANCHISE ****ING QB!!!!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kleckomania;3104828]I agree about Mayock especially since Simms tends to stay away from criticizing anyone. I saw on NFL Network today that Mayock said Sanchez' arm strength is not average, but better than. He showed some video where Sanchez winged the ball [I]accurately[/I] about 35 yards when [I]completely off balance [/I]. Mayock also said he was easily the safest QB pick in the draft in his opinion and that Sanchez improved each and every game last season and that was a clear sign he was not a one and a half year wonder.

The only thing that does scare me is the fact that Maclin and Lesean McCoy slipped down to the 2 spots the Jets would have had w/out getting Sanchez, and as a Jet fan of 31 years I can't help but think that is a bad omen for Sanchez; it's only natural when you're a Jet fan for so long...[/QUOTE]

taking a WR in Round 1, is even riskier then taking a QB.

when i saw Knowshon Moreno off the board at #12, it made me feel better about the Sanchez selection.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=vin777b;3104840]taking a WR in Round 1, is even riskier then taking a QB.

when i saw Knowshon Moreno off the board at #12, it made me feel better about the Sanchez selection.[/QUOTE]

you're right about Moreno, it was him and Maclin I was rooting for at #17. The fact that it was the other green and white team that got Maclin and McCoy just made it stick out more to me. McCoy was a Top 40 pick in a lot of pro scout mocks and I agreed. I guess I just need to let go of the pessimism and negativity that comes with being a Jet fan since '78. thanks for helping me feel a little better at least.
    Last edited by Kleckomania; 04-26-2009 at 07:03 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kleckomania;3104852]you're right about Moreno, it was him and Maclin I was rooting for at #17. The fact that it was the other green and white team that got Maclin and McCoy just made it stick out more to me. McCoy was a Top 40 pick in a lot of pro scout mocks and I agreed. I guess I just need to let go of the pessimism and negativity that comes with being a Jet fan since '78. thanks for helping me feel a little better at least.[/QUOTE]

no prob. Completely understand, brother.

:)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh yeah, the ESPN crew also had a very interesting point about Sanchez' legitimacy, the fact that USC just had 9 defensive players drafted this weekend and that Sanchez was facing these top flight defenders everyday in practice the past 2 years. put this info along with USC's pro style offense and it bodes well.