Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: **Official UDFA Thread***

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    [QUOTE=Wallace Wright;3105053]Courtney Greene was drafted in the 250's.

Emmanuel Cook would be a great signing for us. So would Mitch King and Chris Baker.[/QUOTE]

i thought so, but wasnt sure... then someone posted he wasn't drafted and figured I was wrong, sorry. BTW... if Baker is still available, I'd definitely give him a look.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Ogletree to the cowboys

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=HessStation;3104682]Ellerbe too. [B]I know he's considered a huge scumbag[/B] but I'd take a flyer. [/QUOTE]

I think BB got him already...:P

Hall Of Fame
    is there a list somewhere???

Undrafted Free Agent
    We got Andrew Davie TE from Arkansas!

Hall Of Fame
    TE Andrew Davie anyone??? It says we signed him.

[QUOTE=NeonLeon;3105095]We got Andrew Davie TE from Arkansas![/QUOTE]

source?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=readyforthedraft;3105104]source?[/QUOTE]

the link is on page one of this thread.

Undrafted Free Agent
    [QUOTE=Starkweather;3105110]the link is on page one of this thread.[/QUOTE]

PAY ATTENTION, DUDE!!!

[url]http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2009/04/2009-undrafted-free-agent-signings-list.html[/url]

All League
    [QUOTE=NeonLeon;3105095]We got Andrew Davie TE from Arkansas![/QUOTE]

6'5" 265lbs... that's a pretty pick tight end

*edit

pound for pound inch for inch he was the biggest tight end in this draft

Jets Insider VIP
    I'd be all over:

Gano
    Aaron Kelly
    Quan Cosby

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=NeonLeon;3105114]PAY ATTENTION, DUDE!!!

[url]http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2009/04/2009-undrafted-free-agent-signings-list.html[/url][/QUOTE]

I wasn't asking dude!!!

Undrafted Free Agent
    [QUOTE=Starkweather;3105125]I wasn't asking dude!!![/QUOTE]

Meant to quote the other guy, my apologies.

possible NT prospects:

- Chris Baker, 6'2"-326, Hampton
    - Louis Ellis, 6'2"-315, Shaw
    - Marlon Favorite, 6'1"-315, LSU
    - Khalif Mitchell, 6'5"-318, East Carolina

possible DE prospects:

- Khalif Mitchell, 6'5"-318, East Carolina
    - Will Johnson, 6'4"-281, Michigan (reportedly put up 47 reps of 225 during Pro Day :eek:)
    - Rulon Davis, 6'5"-281, California
    - Zach Potter, 6'7"-279, Nebraska
    - Jeff Schwieger, 6'4"-275, San Jose St.
    - Jeremy Navarre, 6'3"-284, Maryland

[url]http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/tracker#dt-by-round-input:1/dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-position-input:dl[/url]

Veteran
    "Davie is one of the draft's more intriguing prospects at the age of 26. He opted to bypass his senior season at Arkansas to enter the draft - Davie only joined the Razorbacks in 2001 after spending four seasons playing minor league baseball in the St. Louis Cardinals' organization. This past season, Davie was a backup to Arkansas freshman D.J. Williams, who emerged as the Razorbacks' top receiver and an All-SEC selection. Davie often was featured in two-tight end sets, but did manage eight catches for 71 yards along with three touchdowns to tie for the team lead in 2008. That production came in only six games, including four starts. As a sophomore in 2007, Davie had career highs of 14 receptions for 115 yards and three touchdowns. Described by coach Houston Nutt as a "good point-of-attack blocker," Davie was a key to the Razorbacks' running game in 2007 centered around star tailback Darren McFadden. His hands are considered a bit more suspect, but he was effective as a decoy this past year."
    [url]http://stats.sfgate.com/nfldraft/players.asp?id=137958[/url]

DE Jamal Westerman - Rutgers

He's an interesting guy to keep an eye on during camp.

6'3 255, a possible move to OLB?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=NeonLeon;3105129]Meant to quote the other guy, my apologies.[/QUOTE]

NO PROB.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jets Fanatic;3105183]"Davie is one of the draft's more intriguing prospects at the age of 26. He opted to bypass his senior season at Arkansas to enter the draft - Davie only joined the Razorbacks in 2001 after spending four seasons playing minor league baseball in the St. Louis Cardinals' organization. This past season, Davie was a backup to Arkansas freshman D.J. Williams, who emerged as the Razorbacks' top receiver and an All-SEC selection. Davie often was featured in two-tight end sets, but did manage eight catches for 71 yards along with three touchdowns to tie for the team lead in 2008. That production came in only six games, including four starts. As a sophomore in 2007, Davie had career highs of 14 receptions for 115 yards and three touchdowns. Described by coach Houston Nutt as a "good point-of-attack blocker," Davie was a key to the Razorbacks' running game in 2007 centered around star tailback Darren McFadden. His hands are considered a bit more suspect, but he was effective as a decoy this past year."
    [url]http://stats.sfgate.com/nfldraft/players.asp?id=137958[/url][/QUOTE]

This is the guy Maylock was calling a sleeper... not a blocker at all though.

All Pro
    Gonkowski was drafted by DET as the 2nd-to-last pick (too many damned comp selections this year).

Gerald Cadogan is a guy I'd be interested in taking a look at in TC as a developmental lineman. OT/OG from Penn State with a mid-round grade. 6'5" 309 lbs.

[quote=draftcountdown]
    Height: 6-51/8 | Weight: 309 | 40-Time: 5.12

Official Bio

Strengths:
    Terrific size and bulk with a large frame and long arms...Extremely intelligent with great awareness...Above average athleticism...Light on his feet...Quick and agile with good balance...Moves well laterally...Is able to protect the edge...Adequate strength...Has a strong initial punch...Good range and will get to the second level...Understands angles and positioning...Can recover when beat...Shows the ability to manhandle defenders...Hard worker...Still improving and has upside.

Weaknesses:
    Inconsistent technique, footwork and leverage...Doesn't get a great push in the run game...Is not overly stout at the point of attack...Has trouble pulling and struggles in space...Lacks explosiveness...Has a tendency to get beat inside...Is he totally committed to the game?..Not real physical or aggressive and needs to show more of a killer instinct.

Notes:
    Redshirted in 2004...Backed up future #5 overall pick Levi Brown early in his career and also got some starts at guard...Took over the starting left tackle job in 2007...A two-time 1st Team Academic All-American and was named Academic All-Big Ten three times...Won the Big Ten Sportsmanship Award as a senior...1st Team All-Big Ten in 2008...Underrated prospect who is still a bit raw but has all of the physical tools you look for as well as top intangibles.
    [/quote]

Jets Insider VIP
    Images
    [QUOTE=Wallace Wright;3104677]Really surprised that Dannell Ellerbe is still there. Some had him as a 3rd/4th round prospect. We need ILB depth so he'd be a nice signing.[/QUOTE]

He had an amazing season in 2007, and then got banged up in 2008. Was also hurt at the time of the combine. Killed his draft status.