Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mort reported on ESPN that the Jets are talking to Plaxico (merged)

[QUOTE=Savage69;3104690]NY's a Dem City someone call Obama and have him pardon the Gun charge and we got a big W/R...:yes:[/QUOTE]

He's a Bears fan, so maybe Cutler can get away with pranking Philip Rivers or something...

I'm pretty sure he already likes our colors...

[IMG]http://www.everyjoe.com/squibkick/files/2007/10/plax-msu.jpg[/IMG]

All League
    [QUOTE=vin777b;3104696]intelligent move.

he would be better then bouldin or edwards.[/QUOTE]

Why? He's not better than Bouldin.

[QUOTE=adb280z;3104792]Why? He's not better than Bouldin.[/QUOTE]

I think he he means he's better because we don't have to give up any picks to get him.

Who has the ring?

That would make a lot of sense from a football standpoint. We'll have to see whether or not he will stay out of jail.

A potential NFL suspension is the least of his concerns.....by September there's a real chance he'll be behind bars. A lot of good he will do our team there...

I mean, of course you do your homework, but nothing is going to come of this.

wouldn't have to give up players/draft picks, to attain him. Besides, from a physical standpoint, Plaxico may have more football left in him.

All League
    [QUOTE=dassin;3104801]Who has the ring?[/QUOTE]

If Boldin's Cardinal Defense had gotten the stop at the end of the game Boldin would have one too.

[QUOTE=BIGKIDD325;3104808]That would make a lot of sense from a football standpoint. We'll have to see whether or not he will stay out of jail.[/QUOTE]

I like it from a we wont give up jack standpoint. If he is a headcase still or isnt gonna be worth it you just trade or cut, but if he comes in and is the Plax we know we would be filling a glaring hole with a all pro. Heck if OJ can get off of a double murder than its not a foregone conclusion that Plax is going to spend time for having a gun.
    Last edited by dogtown123; 04-26-2009 at 07:00 PM.

YES!!! just worried about playing time

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetstream23;3104748]Shoot the CB in the thigh then run a Go route! On 3....Break!"[/QUOTE]

Well if Plax is in the huddle it would be more like this--Shoot the CB in the thigh then run a Go route! On 3, READY ....Break Yo Self

Jets Discussing Burress?

The following link sites the Jets actually thinking about Burress. Quite frankly, I find it hard to believe.

[url]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/04/report_the_new_york_jets_have.html[/url]

[QUOTE=JetsFanatic;3105031]The following link sites the Jets actually thinking about Burress. Quite frankly, I find it hard to believe.

[url]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/04/report_the_new_york_jets_have.html[/url][/QUOTE]

Unless he managed a MAJOR plea deal, I can't see how he's even relevant. From what I hear, the particular law he violated is pretty ironclad and there doesn't sound like much wiggle room.

Banned
    If any team should go after Burress..It's the Jets.

Burress would never have to move or buy a new home, we would stay in his comfort zone and thats right here in New York.

If O.J Simpson beat a double murder because of money alone...I have a feeling that Burress can beat this gun charge without doing a single day in jail.

If Mike Vick actually hurt INNOCENT dog's and committed evil crimes on Animals by killing them if they lost the fight and only got two years? Something tells me that Plaxico could walk away with doing little to no time at all. Who did Burress hurt? Other than himself.

The Jets better sign this talent before a team like the Patriots have Randy Moss, Plaxico Burress with Brady running the show. Or how about the Bills with T.O and Burress? Or maybe even the Dolphins are trying to match the Pats and Bills with a #1 WR of their own?

Sign this man.

Banned
    [QUOTE=NEJetFromLI;3105035]Unless he managed a MAJOR plea deal, I can't see how he's even relevant. From what I hear, the particular law he violated is pretty ironclad and there doesn't sound like much wiggle room.[/QUOTE]

My ass, money talks with the court system and Plax has plenty of that.

Mike Vick HAD to get locked up because what he did...Was EVIL.

Who had Plax hurt? NoOne except himself.

This move would really put us in a real good place going into next season... Our only weakness would be at DE and TE... Assuming that Sanchez plays well, we could potentially put together a real nice season

[QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3105049]My ass, money talks with the court system and Plax has plenty of that.

Mike Vick HAD to get locked up because what he did...Was EVIL.

Who had Plax hurt? NoOne except himself.[/QUOTE]

I understand he didn't hurt anybody, the unlicensed weapon law though is pretty recent from what I understand, and from what I've heard, NY state simply doesn't back down on it. Of course I'd like to see him in green, I'd be amazed though if he got off with little or jail time though.

Hall Of Fame
    who knew??:D