Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Franchise QB, franchise back...

Franchise QB, franchise back...

that's what I'm expecting here, that's the price we paid, anything short of that and this is a bust, however if these two pan out ala Revis/Harris then I'm good with it, but at some point we will get burned bad with this.

All League
    What do you think about Sanchez, slik?

Practice Squad
    Tom Jackson thinks Mark Sanchez is going to be the OROY. Everything I've heard about Sanchez is excellent. I'm pumped.

I want Super Bowl trophies. However we get there I don't care. If Sanchez is just a good QB and Shonn Greene turns into just a goalline back, but we win SBs I will love them both and everything else that is holy.

Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    that's what I'm expecting here, that's the price we paid, anything short of that and this is a bust, however if these two pan out ala Revis/Harris then I'm good with it, but at some point we will get burned bad with this.
    Franchise back?

Are you kidding? They trade up into the third round and you expect a franchise back? Get a clue.

franchise QB, VERY possible and i certainly hope so

franchise back? he will be a very good back just not sure about the franchise status

Hall Of Fame
    Yeah, hard to "expect" a Franchise Back with a 3rd rounder (Albeit 1st pick in the 3rd).

They want him to be able to handle half a RBBC with Leon Washington in 2010. That's all I read into it.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Franchise back?

Are you kidding? They trade up into the third round and you expect a franchise back? Get a clue.

that'd my point, if the guy is a franchise bqck then you give up everything and go get him, if he's not then it's a dumb panic move, there were plenty of backs available at our spot in the third, backs are easy to find and they start right away, like I said if Greene is not the next Bettis, this was a dumb move.

Veteran
    Franchise back?

and you need to watch more football. In history of NFL have been MANY franchise RB's selected in Round 3 or later
    Last edited by vin777b; 04-26-2009 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJets 4 Life View Post
    What do you think about Sanchez, slik?

I like him a lot as a matter of fact, I think he can be special. Very composed in the pocket and there's no wasted movement with him. Makes every throw with ease, throws a tight spiral, is very intelligent, high character guy, personnable, top notch leadership skills, super nimble and athletic... I like him more and more the more I think about him. I hate the fact he cost us so much, but hey... I think he's worth it.

Veteran
    Shonn Greene = Brandon Jacobs.

All Pro
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    Shonn Greene = Brandon Jacobs.
    he's better..... he blocks and catches very well.

... and doesn't get hurt every 4 games.

All League
    I like him a lot as a matter of fact, I think he can be special. Very composed in the pocket and there's no wasted movement with him. Makes every throw with ease, throws a tight spiral, is very intelligent, high character guy, personnable, top notch leadership skills, super nimble and athletic... I like him more and more the more I think about him. I hate the fact he cost us so much, but hey... I think he's worth it.
    So much? What part(s) of the trade didn't you like?

Franchise back?

What about Curtis Martin wasnt he a third round pick? before cutting down someones opinion look at the history.
    Last edited by nyjets1969; 04-26-2009 at 08:36 PM.

All Pro
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969 View Post
    What about Curtis Martin wasnt he a third round pick?
    ... Terrell Davis anyone?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

What about Curtis Martin wasnt he a third round pick?
    He was a fine value pick in the 3rd for the Pats..For a 1st and a 3rd for the Jets not so much...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starkweather View Post
    ... Terrell Davis anyone?
    6th rd pick..

Rookie
    Terrell Davis?

Thats right, 6th RD!

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    He was a fine value pick in the 3rd for the Pats..For a 1st and a 3rd for the Jets not so much...
    Thats what I am saying Im not big on the Jets trading up for Greene. People are raving that this guy should have went a lot higher so yes maybe he will be a franchise back time will tell.

Veteran
    What about Curtis Martin wasnt he a third round pick? before cutting down someones opinion look at the history.

and countless other RB's as well.