Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Franchise QB, franchise back...

Franchise QB, franchise back...

that's what I'm expecting here, that's the price we paid, anything short of that and this is a bust, however if these two pan out ala Revis/Harris then I'm good with it, but at some point we will get burned bad with this.

All League
    What do you think about Sanchez, slik?

Tom Jackson thinks Mark Sanchez is going to be the OROY. Everything I've heard about Sanchez is excellent. I'm pumped.

I want Super Bowl trophies. However we get there I don't care. If Sanchez is just a good QB and Shonn Greene turns into just a goalline back, but we win SBs I will love them both and everything else that is holy.

[QUOTE=Slikmojet;3104781]that's what I'm expecting here, that's the price we paid, anything short of that and this is a bust, however if these two pan out ala Revis/Harris then I'm good with it, but at some point we will get burned bad with this.[/QUOTE]

Franchise back?

Are you kidding? They trade up into the third round and you expect a franchise back? Get a clue.

[QUOTE=Slikmojet;3104781]that's what I'm expecting here, that's the price we paid, anything short of that and this is a bust, however if these two pan out ala Revis/Harris then I'm good with it, but at some point we will get burned bad with this.[/QUOTE]

franchise QB, VERY possible and i certainly hope so

franchise back? he will be a very good back just not sure about the franchise status

Yeah, hard to "expect" a Franchise Back with a 3rd rounder (Albeit 1st pick in the 3rd).

They want him to be able to handle half a RBBC with Leon Washington in 2010. That's all I read into it.

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3104834]Franchise back?

Are you kidding? They trade up into the third round and you expect a franchise back? Get a clue.[/QUOTE]

that'd my point, if the guy is a franchise bqck then you give up everything and go get him, if he's not then it's a dumb panic move, there were plenty of backs available at our spot in the third, backs are easy to find and they start right away, like I said if Greene is not the next Bettis, this was a dumb move.

Are you kidding? They trade up into the third round and you expect a franchise back? Get a clue.[/QUOTE]

and you need to watch more football. In history of NFL have been MANY franchise RB's selected in Round 3 or later
    Last edited by vin777b; 04-26-2009 at 07:09 PM.

[QUOTE=NYJets 4 Life;3104789]What do you think about Sanchez, slik?[/QUOTE]

I like him a lot as a matter of fact, I think he can be special. Very composed in the pocket and there's no wasted movement with him. Makes every throw with ease, throws a tight spiral, is very intelligent, high character guy, personnable, top notch leadership skills, super nimble and athletic... I like him more and more the more I think about him. I hate the fact he cost us so much, but hey... I think he's worth it.

Shonn Greene = Brandon Jacobs.

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    [QUOTE=K-Ro 25;3104881]Shonn Greene = Brandon Jacobs.[/QUOTE]

he's better..... he blocks and catches very well. :yes:

... and doesn't get hurt every 4 games.

All League
    [QUOTE=Slikmojet;3104874]I like him a lot as a matter of fact, I think he can be special. Very composed in the pocket and there's no wasted movement with him. Makes every throw with ease, throws a tight spiral, is very intelligent, high character guy, personnable, top notch leadership skills, super nimble and athletic... I like him more and more the more I think about him. I hate the fact he cost us so much, but hey... I think he's worth it.[/QUOTE]

So much? What part(s) of the trade didn't you like?

What about Curtis Martin wasnt he a third round pick? before cutting down someones opinion look at the history.
    Last edited by nyjets1969; 04-26-2009 at 07:36 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    [QUOTE=nyjets1969;3104968]What about Curtis Martin wasnt he a third round pick?[/QUOTE]

... Terrell Davis anyone?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=nyjets1969;3104968]What about Curtis Martin wasnt he a third round pick?[/QUOTE]

He was a fine value pick in the 3rd for the Pats..For a 1st and a 3rd for the Jets not so much...:rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Starkweather;3104974]... Terrell Davis anyone?[/QUOTE]

6th rd pick..:yes:

All League
    Terrell Davis?

Thats right, 6th RD!

[QUOTE=Savage69;3104976]He was a fine value pick in the 3rd for the Pats..For a 1st and a 3rd for the Jets not so much...:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Thats what I am saying Im not big on the Jets trading up for Greene. People are raving that this guy should have went a lot higher so yes maybe he will be a franchise back time will tell.

[QUOTE=nyjets1969;3104968]What about Curtis Martin wasnt he a third round pick? before cutting down someones opinion look at the history.[/QUOTE]

and countless other RB's as well.