Thread: What I like about these two days

All League

What I like about these two days

First and foremost... i was not in favor of Sanchez before the draft, not because i hated him as a prospect but rather because i personally think that next year's crop is better. But no one can discredit that Sanchez is a competitor and has a drive to learn coupled with a great attitude.

Shonn Greene is exactly the kind of back that Ryan loves and was used to when he was with the Ravens. If he can see the field and perform like he did in 08 then we should all be thrilled

Matt Slauson is from what i can see purely for depth in 09. But no one can take away from the fact that Callahan knows this kid better than anyone. He coached him and given how vastly improved our offensive line play was since Callahan joined the staff (even with the additions of Faneca and Woody) i will trust him with any personnel moves for the OL.

but a bigger picture of this draft we can clearly see that unlike Man-tits, Ryan appreciates the input of his staff. Schotty loves to run a lateral west coast offense where we can sling the ball around and cause confusion but occasionally toss the rock downfield. Sanchez coming from a USC team with the same mentality seems like a perfect fit for this offense. Ryan takes his own road and goes with the big brusing back. and Callahan gets his input with a kid he coached back at Nebraska.

QB
    RB
    OG

anyone else see something? the draft order proves that after the FA period Ryan got all the guys on defense that he wanted to upgrade. No defense in this draft... leads me to believe that Ryan see's something in this unit that have the potential to be a playoff caliber defense with the players that are already in place!

If the picks from this years draft work the way they want them to... we could have ourselves a playoff team if not a championship unit in the eyes our Rex Ryan and the CS. :yes::yes::yes:

[QUOTE=FreshBaked 24 7;3104955]First and foremost... i was not in favor of Sanchez before the draft, not because i hated him as a prospect but rather because i personally think that next year's crop is better. But no one can discredit that Sanchez is a competitor and has a drive to learn coupled with a great attitude.

Shonn Greene is exactly the kind of back that Ryan loves and was used to when he was with the Ravens. If he can see the field and perform like he did in 08 then we should all be thrilled

Matt Slauson is from what i can see purely for depth in 09. But no one can take away from the fact that Callahan knows this kid better than anyone. He coached him and given how vastly improved our offensive line play was since Callahan joined the staff (even with the additions of Faneca and Woody) i will trust him with any personnel moves for the OL.

but a bigger picture of this draft we can clearly see that unlike Man-tits, Ryan appreciates the input of his staff. Schotty loves to run a lateral west coast offense where we can sling the ball around and cause confusion but occasionally toss the rock downfield. Sanchez coming from a USC team with the same mentality seems like a perfect fit for this offense. Ryan takes his own road and goes with the big brusing back. and Callahan gets his input with a kid he coached back at Nebraska.

QB
    RB
    OG

anyone else see something? the draft order proves that after the FA period Ryan got all the guys on defense that he wanted to upgrade. No defense in this draft... leads me to believe that Ryan see's something in this unit that have the potential to be a playoff caliber defense with the players that are already in place!

If the picks from this years draft work the way they want them to... we could have ourselves a playoff team if not a championship unit in the eyes our Rex Ryan and the CS. :yes::yes::yes:[/QUOTE]

I agree with most of your points but, there is one thing I will disagree with. You stated that you thought next years crop is better. IM assuming you mean the QBs, if Sanchez was in next years draft he is the consensus number 1 pick of the draft. So even though next years QB crop is better We still got the better qb.

All League
    [QUOTE=mavericknyc1980;3105042]I agree with most of your points but, there is one thing I will disagree with. You stated that you thought next years crop is better. IM assuming you mean the QBs, if Sanchez was in next years draft he is the consensus number 1 pick of the draft. So even though next years QB crop is better We still got the better qb.[/QUOTE]

agree to disagree i guess

Sam Bradford
    Jevon Snead
    Tim Tebow
    Colt McCoy
    Pat Devlin
    Jimmy Clausen
    Zac Robinson
    Tony Pike

those are next years crop and all of them are fairly successful... not saying Sanchez can't be better than all of them or shouldn't be considered in the same league as them but if Sanchez and Stafford came out next year they would have a REALLY tough time competing with the likes of all the other QB's