Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shonn greene=marion barber III

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

shonn greene=marion barber III

both same physically, both play very physical, both big bruising back type. is this a pretty accurate comparison or is it just me?

he is the type of RB who can wear down defenses for the final blow...
    Last edited by jagr68; 04-26-2009 at 09:09 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jagr68;3104998]both same physically, both play very physical, both big bruising back type. is this a pretty accurate comparison or is it just me?[/QUOTE]

Nice Comparison, I see him more as a Lamont Jordan type with more heart.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see Brandon Jacobs.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=K-Ro 25;3105052]I see Brandon Jacobs.[/QUOTE]

...... BJax is 6'4 260.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope after trading up for this guy means that the Jets will package fat mouth Jones for a WR.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    That would be OK in my book. I don't know too much about him, only what I've watched on YouTube today. He looks like he had a great OL there and that opened holes for him. But not only that, he took full advantage of every situation he was given. He was always falling forward squeezing every last yard out of every play. And he was damn hard to tackle.

He's going to be a bruiser, and a guy that's going to tirer out opposing defenses all game long. After they get tortured by Greene all day, and they're tired, we'll send a healthy dosage of Leon at them, and they flat out won't be able to keep up.

All 3 of our backs compliment each other very well. We really do have a little bit of Earth (Green), Wind (Washington, and Fire (Jones) in the backfield now. For a young QB, this will be crucial. Sanchez won't be asked to carry the offense from day one. That's why he'll have a chance to succeed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    MBIII is also 2 inches taller and 15 lighter, which is a considerable amount to vary among this position and styles...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, except for one small detail. Barber ran a 4.49 while our guy ran a 4.65. There's no way this guy can succeed in the NFL with that type of speed.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah because I'm sure no RB has ever been decent in the NFL while running anything over a 4.5...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=K-Ro 25;3105052]I see Brandon Jacobs.[/QUOTE]

i see dead people....i had to do it

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BIGKIDD325;3105157]Yeah because I'm sure no RB has ever been decent in the NFL while running anything over a 4.5...[/QUOTE]

There's a huge difference between a 4.5 and 4.67. Most linebackers in the league run at or faster than a 4.67. I'm trying to think of runningbacks that have timed this horrific and had productive careers and am struggling.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Emmitt Smith ran a 4.7, he was pretty good.

Nobody is saying that Shonn Greene is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball, but rather he's your prototypical between the tackles pounder whose goal is to move the chains. I think he'll be just fine for that role.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I could care less about a 40 time @ the combine because...The man could have been a little rusty, he may have not been 100% loose, he may have got off to a bad start running the 40, who knows? But I know one thing...This man has talent.

He rushed for 20 TD's last year (His 1st year as a starter)

He rushed for over 100+ yards like 11 games in a row

And he earned/won the award as the NATION's best running back.

It's a steal that we moved up and stole this Shonn Greene guy with the 1st pick of the 3rd round.

Jet fans have been buzzing about Shonn Greene for months now, long before we drafted this guy so lets not act like we are drinking the kool-aid only because we just drafted the man.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jagr68;3104998]both same physically, both play very physical, both big bruising back type. is this a pretty accurate comparison or is it just me?[/QUOTE]
    no question about it..

after watching greene's highlights barber was my NFL comparison as well..

man this kid runs hard!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently he timed at 4.53 and 4.56 on his pro day which makes a huge difference in my eyes. I want him to succeed as much as you guys do, but I still have my reservations about this player. I'm just not convinced he has the speed and initial burst to succeed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=genom;3105142]Yea, except for one small detail. Barber ran a 4.49 while our guy ran a 4.65. There's no way this guy can succeed in the NFL with that type of speed.[/QUOTE]

Greene ran a 4.5 at his pro day

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    He reminds me of Michael Turner the way he gets every inch he can, but I have been boozing at a Bohemian Beer Garden all day, so I may be seeing what I want

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think he'll serve the same purpose for us that Marion Barber does for Dallas. He'll get those tough yards and when we have a lead, he'll be the closer.

Greene was an awesome pick. This guy compliments Leon and TJ extremely well. I expect him to be a 15 carry RB in the NFL. He also has pretty fresh legs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He ran a 4.5 at his pro day. Naysayers, feel free to qoute the worse of the 2; you need something to defend your argument

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    animal