Thread: I think we won the draft.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we won the draft.

The Jets seem to have dominated the draft. I know that is unusual for the Jets and many may not know how to handle it, but the Jets are the biggest news in the draft. I really think they did well with the Sanchez pick due to the fact that the kid really wants to be a Jet. If he wants to be here I want him here. How many kids his age do you think WANT to be a Jet? The best possible scenario if he lives up to his expectations. I think we got a really good back also. Add to that a better coach who will take advantage of the great players we already have and I think we are headed for some great seasons. If this goes well I see a superbowl in the next four years, maybe two of them. Look at the draft next year. How good does it get.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The New York Giants and New England Patriots were co-winners. They both had fantastic drafts. I love the Sanchez and Green selections, but I wish we had more picks.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    im still not sure how to grade this draft. there's potential sure, but the FO has given up way too much IMO. it's as though Tanny and the boys had no intention of not coming away with Sanchez and Shonn Greene. and when other teams get a sniff of this, such as the Browns and Lions did, you can get absolutely raped which is how i kind of feel. then I read Rich Cimini piece and i think wow....our planets are certainly aligned.

sure, TJ is a little pissed with his contract situation, but **** me.....where's the WR Sanchez needs to throw to???......where's the DE which is needed to solidify the 3-4 Dline??? and not necessarily a need to be drafted but ganggreen needs a quality punter too.

dunno if 2-3 players out of a draft is going to bode well for the future....no matter who they are. the draft in general is a massive gamble and im of the opinion that a team should have as many picks as possible rather than putting all the eggs in the one proverbial basket. football is the ultimate team sport. any chink in the armour and it can all come unstuck.

there's a great deal of cynism from me here in Oz.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    So you think that we "won" the draft because we got a guy "who really wants to be a Jet" and that we got a guy that is a "really good back"? Good analysis.

Boy what would Sanchez ask for if he "really" did not want to be a Jet? Because he is going to ask for close to $40 million guaranteed.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Packers had a real nice draft.. Their defense is going to be awesome. Raji, Matthews, Hawk, Pickett, Kampmann, Woodson, Harris, Collins... A lot of very good players there

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=marano;3105054]The Jets seem to have dominated the draft. I know that is unusual for the Jets and many may not know how to handle it, but the Jets are the biggest news in the draft. I really think they did well with the Sanchez pick due to the fact that the kid really wants to be a Jet. If he wants to be here I want him here. How many kids his age do you think WANT to be a Jet? The best possible scenario if he lives up to his expectations. I think we got a really good back also. Add to that a better coach who will take advantage of the great players we already have and I think we are headed for some great seasons. [B]If this goes well I see a superbowl in the next four years, maybe two of them.[/B] Look at the draft next year. How good does it get.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.

I also expect the Jest to compete for the Championship of the off season as well. Again.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I really want to be a Jet...

[QUOTE=Chrisrud;3105076]So you think that we "won" the draft because we got a guy "who really wants to be a Jet" and that we got a guy that is a "really good back"? Good analysis.

Boy what would Sanchez ask for if he "really" did not want to be a Jet? Because he is going to ask for close to $40 million guaranteed.[/QUOTE]

and I will play his position for what I make now. I doubt at 40 years old I will be his equal, but hey...you get what you pay for.... I say that in jest but I really feel that this kid is a Jets fan for some reason, and I am a Jets fan...and if the Jets were willing to give me the kind of money they are about to give him to play for them, which is what I want to do anyway, I would take it like a blowjob from a college girl, which I want anyway:)