Thread: if joe flacco can start

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

if joe flacco can start

if joe flacco can start.then why not mark sanchez in his rookie year.flacco played for delaware.sanchez played for southern california.so who has the better credentials.there is no doubt in my mind that sanchez the better q.b.talent wise.the jets are going for it all in 2009.their will be many talented free agents that will be cut for cost savings.thats the way it works in the n.f.l.wide reciever and tight end are a must.you can be sure that the jets have their eyes on a few.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Joe Flacco reminds me of a "System type of QB" and with Mark Sanchez, he's more of a Matt Ryan type of Franchise QB...A QB thats blessed with talent that can do it all on the football field.

I would compare Mark Sanchez to a Matt Ryan type of QB before a Joe Flacco type.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree 110%.

Joe Flacco played at DELAWAREEEEE DELAWAREEE people. Sure, he started 3 years and he was good, but Delaware is Delaware and its D1AA and he played pretty damn well this year.

Lets be optimistic about this Dirty Sanchez character, we really dont have much reason not to.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flacco is extremely smart and he adjusted well. He made a lot of progress from week to week. We'll see if Sanchez can do the same thing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Joe Flacco has more physical ability than Mark Sanchez. A lot more physical ability. His arm is on a whole different level, and he's got much better size. In any event, Flacco played quite poorly for Baltimore, so I'm not sure why that's an experience we want to go through ourselves. (Flacco played well considering the circumstances, but objectively, he didn't have anywhere near the kind of season most people seem to think he had.)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    flacco was a fifth year senior. sanchez played one and half seasons in college

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Again, Flacco played at Del-a-where folks, the competition he so did so well against, BLOWS...trust me, I did 4 years watching D1AA (or not watching at all)...I will take my chances with a 1.5 year starter at USC...thanks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=seanmac31;3105313]Joe Flacco has more physical ability than Mark Sanchez. A lot more physical ability. His arm is on a whole different level, and he's got much better size. In any event, Flacco played quite poorly for Baltimore, so I'm not sure why that's an experience we want to go through ourselves. (Flacco played well considering the circumstances, but objectively, he didn't have anywhere near the kind of season most people seem to think he had.)[/QUOTE]

Are you drunk or something? The guy had the best QB rating in the league from week 7 or 8 til 17 or something like that. He started out slow because he had no experience but he dominated in the middle of the season. He even won offensive player of the week that one time. Basically had the same stats Matt Ryan put up in a way better offense with way more talent around him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    By drafting Sanchez they basically admitted Clemens isnt the guy so why waste time with him let Sanchez be the #1 from day one.

I hope the i am dead wrong and the kid turns into a stud.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DaBallhawk;3105342]Are you drunk or something? The guy had the best QB rating in the league from week 7 or 8 til 17 or something like that. He started out slow because he had no experience but he dominated in the middle of the season. He even won offensive player of the week that one time. Basically had the same stats Matt Ryan put up in a way better offense with way more talent around him.[/QUOTE]

I'm an FO guy, so I'll use their numbers. Matt Ryan put up a DYAR of 1167 (7th) and had a DVOA of 30.9%, which was 4th best in the league. Joe Flacco had a DYAR of 378 (19th) and a DVOA of 2.0%, which was 22nd best in the league.

The Atlanta pass offense was the fourth most efficient in the league. The Baltimore pass offense was 19th. Flacco did very well considering that he was a spread quarterback coming from D-IAA, but he wasn't a particularly effective starter. Matt Ryan, in contrast, was a Pro Bowl-quality starter. Yes, Ryan had some better players around him, and yes, he was asked to be more of a centerpiece, but the net result is that he was a much better starter. (And I say that as someone who wanted to draft Flacco and not Ryan last year.)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think Sanchez is starting... THe only reason Flacco started was due to the injuries to both Baltimore QB's during training camp (injury to Boller, sickness for Troy Smith).

Yes it worked out, but I don't know if Sanchez will be the best NFL QB at the start of the season.

Obviously, the best case scenerio is that they both play great, but I think its more likely that Clemens will start the season as the Jets QB.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets rooter;3105296]if joe flacco can start.then why not mark sanchez in his rookie year.flacco played for delaware.sanchez played for southern california.so who has the better credentials.there is no doubt in my mind that sanchez the better q.b.talent wise.the jets are going for it all in 2009.their will be many talented free agents that will be cut for cost savings.thats the way it works in the n.f.l.wide reciever and tight end are a must.you can be sure that the jets have their eyes on a few.[/QUOTE]
    mark sanchez will be the starting QB for our new york jets in game one..

[B]done deal..[/B]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SigmaXJet;3105314]flacco was a fifth year senior. sanchez played one and half seasons in college[/QUOTE]

how much would flacco have played at usc??

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetgreen13;3105412]mark sanchez will be the starting QB for our new york jets in game one..

[B]done deal..[/B][/QUOTE]

no doubt about it....it has been very clear the front office has little faith in clemens...same as me.

sanchez will be starting from day 1.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Sanchez starts from Day 1, a great deal of that will be in large part because his familiarity with the Jets system which is so similar to what he was in with USC.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=seanmac31;3105368]I'm an FO guy, so I'll use their numbers. Matt Ryan put up a DYAR of 1167 (7th) and had a DVOA of 30.9%, which was 4th best in the league. Joe Flacco had a DYAR of 378 (19th) and a DVOA of 2.0%, which was 22nd best in the league.

The Atlanta pass offense was the fourth most efficient in the league. The Baltimore pass offense was 19th. Flacco did very well considering that he was a spread quarterback coming from D-IAA, but he wasn't a particularly effective starter. Matt Ryan, in contrast, was a Pro Bowl-quality starter. Yes, Ryan had some better players around him, and yes, he was asked to be more of a centerpiece, but the net result is that he was a much better starter. (And I say that as someone who wanted to draft Flacco and not Ryan last year.)[/QUOTE]

Those numbers are useless. Flacco struggled early on, everyone knew he'd struggle. Why don't you compare their numbers from week 7 to 13 or even 17. Like i said he had the best QB rating in the NFL during that time. He got better and better. Matt Ryan struggled however after a good start. Even the Rams picked him apart at the end.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DBAKE;3105417]how much would flacco have played at usc??[/QUOTE]

remember that flacco could not start with pittsburgh.thats why he transfered to little old delaware.who was the starting q.b. for pittsburgh at that time?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=seanmac31;3105368]I'm an FO guy, so I'll use their numbers. Matt Ryan put up a DYAR of 1167 (7th) and had a DVOA of 30.9%, which was 4th best in the league. Joe Flacco had a DYAR of 378 (19th) and a DVOA of 2.0%, which was 22nd best in the league.

The Atlanta pass offense was the fourth most efficient in the league. The Baltimore pass offense was 19th. Flacco did very well considering that he was a spread quarterback coming from D-IAA, but he wasn't a particularly effective starter. Matt Ryan, in contrast, was a Pro Bowl-quality starter. Yes, Ryan had some better players around him, and yes, he was asked to be more of a centerpiece, but the net result is that he was a much better starter. (And I say that as someone who wanted to draft Flacco and not Ryan last year.)[/QUOTE]

Is there anyway of pulling the numbers from game 6 on, after his 3rd debacle?

Another reasonable question is this, if Sanchez was the starter, and got off to the start that Flacco did, would he still be the starter by week 7?
    Certainly everyone would be ripping into Tannenbaum and Ryan for playing someone who was so green and clearly not ready to be an NFL player

Flacco had 1 TD, 7INTs in his first 5 games, and a 2-3 record, he average 5.86 YPA and had a 60.6 rating.

Actually, the beginning of his career is most similar to Kellen Clemens. However. When you adjust for offensive talent (Baltimore had a far better line and RBs), you realize that Clemens never really got a fair shake.

That being said, most likely, Clemens wouldn't succeed the way Flacco did over the 2nd half of the season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flacco only started last year by accident.

The plan all along was to have Kyle Boller or Troy Smith be the QB, except Kyle Boller got injured and Troy Smith got seriously ill right before the season began, forcing Flacco into action before he was ready.

Now, he handled this suprisingly well, probably because very little was asked of him though...All-Defense and Rushing Offense lowered the burden on him.