Thread: Jets reps contact Plax's agents...

All League

Jets reps contact Plax's agents...

Just heard it on Sportscenter...is this old news?

If it is, Mods can this thread!

All League
    Story coming up after the break I believe...

Tannenbaum is on Mike'd up and being suprisingly candid.

We did touch base with Plax's agents, but he termed it as strictly preliminary, nothing is imminent, more of a due diligence type phone call.

Jets Insider VIP
    Well, the cat is out of the bag. Jets are desperate at WR. We all knew it, this just shows the Jets believe it as well.

Jets Insider VIP
    If he traded twice on draft day, why can't he just package something next year for a Boldin or Braylon? We need a WR.

All League
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3105570]Tannenbaum is on Mike'd up and being suprisingly candid.

We did touch base with Plax's agents, but he termed it as strictly preliminary, nothing is imminent, more of a due diligence type phone call.[/QUOTE]

Thanks...I'd been out all day and just heard it.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;3105577]If he traded twice on draft day, why can't he just package something next year for a Boldin or Braylon? We need a WR.[/QUOTE]

He can. Just don't think they want to yet. The Jets FO full time job over the next few weeks is to find a WR. If they can't by early Summer I'd expect then to start making calls and offering 2010 picks.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3105583]He can. Just don't think they want to yet. The Jets FO full time job over the next few weeks is to find a WR. If they can't by early Summer I'd expect then to start making calls and offering 2010 picks.[/QUOTE]

I can see that, but where are they going to find a WR before summer without trading for one?

Matt Jones?

All Pro
    For some season i just think Pax is gonna serve jail time NEXT offseason for about 2-3 months.

If that be the case i would be interested in signing him, but isnt he a bad locker room prescense?

[QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;3105586]I can see that, but where are they going to find a WR before summer without trading for one?

[B]Matt Jones?[/B][/QUOTE]

i`d prefer the gun carrying plaxico over the coke head arkansas trailer park trash. lol wow are we desprate for a WR.

Yeah! Great move. Let's sign Plaxico!

Won't that sell a lot of PSLs?
    Isn't that the whole point of the team lately?
    Yeah! Let's sign Michael Vick as well!

I can't wait for the new stadium to open. It will be even more awesome than the new Yankee Stadium (which has given a whole new meaning to the words "Yankee" and "Stadium"!).
    Last edited by Sidney; 04-27-2009 at 12:42 AM. Reason: smilie isn't working right!

[QUOTE=Pavilion;3105610]For some season i just think Pax is gonna serve jail time NEXT offseason for about 2-3 months.

If that be the case i would be interested in signing him, but isnt he a bad locker room prescense?[/QUOTE]

No, not at all. He's got a good locker room presensce. The players on the g-men loved the guy.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sash1;3105669]No, not at all. He's got a good locker room presensce. The players on the g-men loved the guy.[/QUOTE]

well in that case, lets sign him he would add such a dynamic playmaker to the WR position and true threat.

SIGN THIS BEAST!!!!!! ..............depending on the situation of his charges

[QUOTE=Pavilion;3105672]well in that case, lets sign him he would add such a dynamic playmaker to the WR position and true threat.

SIGN THIS BEAST!!!!!! ..............depending on the situation of his charges[/QUOTE]

I agree, sign him even if he doesnt play next year. This upcoming year we ground and pound and have our defense win games. Having either Clemens or Sanchez throw to our current crop of receivers will only make them and the QB better as they develop a report with eachother (something neither QB really has at this time with any of our WRs) . And have Plax waiting in the wings for next season, PERFECT! It will make these young QBs tougher if they go a year without a luxury like Plax. It will give the QB, not the receiver, a real time to shine with our mediocartic WR crop . If we see their confidence waivering because our receivers suck, revert back to the ground and pound with Jones and Greene.

Only problem with just going with the ground game is they Defenses will stack the box (and we all know how that works out for us, just rewind 2 seasons ago). We have to have the ability to throw the ball to keep the defense honest.