View Poll Results: Which format should the draft be this year?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Fantasy World Cup

3 37.50%
  • A Current Players Draft

3 37.50%
  • A Nationality Draft

2 25.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The _____________ Draft

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    I should've posted this in teh hamper, it would've netted me 100,000 hamper points easy...
    Do it.

Definitely Hamper Newsworthy

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Do it.

Definitely Hamper Newsworthy
    must.....resist.....the...urge...

Jets Insider VIP
    must.....resist.....the...urge...
    to fap?

Veteran
    to fap?
    why dahell would I resist the urge to fap?

fap, it does a body good...

As always, this thread turns into a battle of smack talk between Raoul and The Turk/pauliec.

Regarding the draft, I feel as if it should be decided via poll.

The choices will be the fantasy world cup, a current players draft, and a nationality draft.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by thegrand11 View Post
    As always, this thread turns into a battle of smack talk between Raoul and The Turk/pauliec.

Regarding the draft, I feel as if it should be decided via poll.

The choices will be the fantasy world cup, a current players draft, and a nationality draft.
    Could you explain how the Fantasy WC draft would work compared to the nationality draft?

Veteran
    Could you explain how the Fantasy WC draft would work compared to the nationality draft?

As I envisoned in the FCW we would all pick a country than assemble a fantasy national all time team.

If I understood correctly Nationality draft would be to pick a single nation than everyone drafts from the same pool of players.

Jets Insider VIP
    As I envisoned in the FCW we would all pick a country than assemble a fantasy national all time team.

If I understood correctly Nationality draft would be to pick a single nation than everyone drafts from the same pool of players.
    So in each case you have a nationality obligation, it's the pool of players that differs?

So in each case you have a nationality obligation, it's the pool of players that differs?
    Exactly. In a nationality draft we would all pick players from the same country, with the exception of maybe one or two wild cards.

In the world cup, each participant would be assigned one country, and create the best possible team using players only from that country.

ND=Everyone picks from one country
    WC=Everyone gets one country to pick from

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by thegrand11 View Post
    Exactly. In a nationality draft we would all pick players from the same country, with the exception of maybe one or two wild cards.

In the world cup, each participant would be assigned one country, and create the best possible team using players only from that country.

ND=Everyone picks from one country
    WC=Everyone gets one country to pick from
    Got it.

I voted for a fantasy WC draft.

I'm OK with a current players draft as well.

Veteran
    Got it.

I voted for a fantasy WC draft.

I'm OK with a current players draft as well.
    I thought I also voted for the fantasy WC but apperantly I don't got inough interwebz skillzz for that and I voted for the nationality draft

I can't change it now so please disregard one vote for the nationality draft and add one vote for the fantasy WC.

Jets Insider VIP
    I thought I also voted for the fantasy WC but apperantly I don't got inough interwebz skillzz for that and I voted for the nationality draft

I can't change it now so please disregard one vote for the nationality draft and add one vote for the fantasy WC.
    Is Vinnie Jones Welsh?

Dang! He's never been in a WC!

So what, Vinnie Jones does whatever he pleases and will play for a WC team gawd dammit!

Veteran
    Sign me up for a current player draft.

Wait, wait, I'm confused here.

Someone explain to me the theory behind the fantasy WC draft. Will we each be drafting players of any nationality, the only restriction being they have played in a WC, OR will we each be randomly assigned a country (i.e., I draw Argentina, Raoul draws England, Turk draws Italy) and we have to put together the best players to fit that team.... or is that the theory behind the nationality draft?

Man I'm confused.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post

Someone explain to me the theory behind the fantasy WC draft. Will we each be drafting players of any nationality, the only restriction being they have played in a WC, OR will we each be randomly assigned a country (i.e., I draw Argentina, Raoul draws England, Turk draws Italy) and we have to put together the best players to fit that team.... or is that the theory behind the nationality draft?

Man I'm confused.
    Me too which is why I chose the current player draft.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post

Man I'm confused.
    Nationality draft is everyone has to choose from a pool of 1 nationality. Ex: we all have to choose Italian players.

WC Fantasy, we are all assigned a country and pick from that pool. Me = England, you=ouzbekistan, Turk = Spain....etc

Nationality draft is everyone has to choose from a pool of 1 nationality. Ex: we all have to choose Italian players.

WC Fantasy, we are all assigned a country and pick from that pool. Me = England, you=ouzbekistan, Turk = Spain....etc
    I would DOMINATE with Team Ouzbekistan.

I vote WC draft.

Hall Of Fame
    I voted for the current player draft, mainly because I have problems with the other two formats

A fantasy World Cup woudl be fun, but it wouldnt really be a draft, which takes away half the fun of the whole exercise, as there will be no competition for players.

Conversely, a single nationality draft involves way too much competition for players, and by the late rounds could be bogged down in mediocrity.

A current player draft, on the other hand, would involve players that everyone should be familiar with who can be easily measure against eachother. It will generate the right sort of competition in the draft, and also feature the fun after the fact of picking between teams of familiar players.

(why yes, I do have my evidence final on Thursday, but procrastination had nothing to do with taking the time to write this post)

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by deadringer View Post
    (why yes, I do have my evidence final on Thursday, but procrastination had nothing to do with taking the time to write this post)
    You think you're procrastinating now...wait till you actually start working

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm really on the fence between WC Draft and Current players.

It is true that part of the fun is fighting for the same players...