Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm bored...let's do trivia

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nycdan;3110977]This is from memory.

Gonna guess Riggins is one. Not sure if Wesley Walker was a top-10 pick. Gotta be some linemen in there but not sure who.[/QUOTE]

===================================================

Marvin Powel?

Maybe Marty Lyons, Freeman McNeil?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gunnails;3111143]===================================================

Marvin Powel?

Maybe Marty Lyons, Freeman McNeil?[/QUOTE]

Powell could be. He said all offense so Lyons is out. Was McNeil drafted before 1980? That's the part that's nagging me. Other offensive guys I can recall from the 70s don't feel like they were drafted that high.

Micky Shuler? (not sure he was even drafted before 1980).
    Richie Castor (couldn't be that high a pick, could he?)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;3110932]Between 1970 and 1979 the Jets had 6 picks in the top 10 overall of the draft, 5 of them played 100 games or more, all of them offensive players, name them:

I found this online, I wouldn't know if I didn't look it up, and would be impressed if anyone gets all of these without cheating[/QUOTE]

Riggins, R. Todd, Marvin Powell, Jerome Barkum?

Too hard, I can't remember another name.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chris Ward out of Ohio State.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gunnails;3111143]===================================================

Marvin Powel?

Maybe Marty Lyons, Freeman McNeil?[/QUOTE]

Marvin Powell is right

Marty Lyons was drafted 14th, McNeil was drafted in 1981

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nycdan;3111165]Powell could be. He said all offense so Lyons is out. Was McNeil drafted before 1980? That's the part that's nagging me. Other offensive guys I can recall from the 70s don't feel like they were drafted that high.

Richie Castor (couldn't be that high a pick, could he?)[/QUOTE]

Shuler was 3rd rd..:eek:

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone who started at Safety between Victor Green/Jerome Henderson in 98 to Kerry Rhodes and Erik Coleman in...2004-ish??

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If there were statistics kept for killing threads, I think I would be a Hall Of Famer

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nycdan;3111165]Powell could be. He said all offense so Lyons is out. Was McNeil drafted before 1980? That's the part that's nagging me. Other offensive guys I can recall from the 70s don't feel like they were drafted that high.

Richie Castor (couldn't be that high a pick, could he?)[/QUOTE]

Freeman was drafted in 1981, Shuler '78.

[QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;3110932]Between 1970 and 1979 the Jets had 6 picks in the top 10 overall of the draft, 5 of them played 100 games or more, all of them offensive players, name them:

I found this online, I wouldn't know if I didn't look it up, and would be impressed if anyone gets all of these without cheating[/QUOTE]

Riggins was already mentioned
    Jerome Barkum
    Chris Ward
    Marvin Powell
    Richard Todd

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jasper17;3111214]Anyone who started at Safety between Victor Green/Jerome Henderson in 98 to Kerry Rhodes and Erik Coleman in...2004-ish??[/QUOTE]

-Omar Stoutmire and Steve Atwater in 1999- Stoutmire took over after Atwater got hurt, I think we signed Stoutmire during the '99 season
    -Kevin Williams(he also started in '98), had an INT in that SF opener and also got beat on the TD that gave SF a late lead in the 4th qtr.
    -Chris HayesGreat STs player
    -Damien Robinson
    -Sam Garnes
    -Jon McGraw
    -Tyrone Carter- people forgte he played briefly for us before going to Pitt and winning SBs
    -reggie Tongue- made his biggest impact in his last game w/ us returning the INT for a TD against Pitt.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nyjunc;3114806]-Omar Stoutmire and Steve Atwater in 1999- Stoutmire took over after Atwater got hurt, I think we signed Stoutmire during the '99 season
    -Kevin Williams(he also started in '98), had an INT in that SF opener and also got beat on the TD that gave SF a late lead in the 4th qtr.
    -Chris HayesGreat STs player
    -Damien Robinson
    -Sam Garnes
    -Jon McGraw
    -Tyrone Carter- people forgte he played briefly for us before going to Pitt and winning SBs
    -reggie Tongue- made his biggest impact in his last game w/ us returning the INT for a TD against Pitt.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty good, you had more than I can remember. I forgot about Garnes and Robinson. Herm Brought Robinson over from Tampa and he was supposed to be the savior. I had remembered the Frost/Williams/Hayes debacle. Hayes was just a great STer like you said, Frost never seemed to be in the right place and Williams couldn't tackle a sheet of looseleaf.
    Well played sir.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jasper17;3114876]That's pretty good, you had more than I can remember. I forgot about Garnes and Robinson. Herm Brought Robinson over from Tampa and he was supposed to be the savior. I had remembered the Frost/Williams/Hayes debacle. Hayes was just a great STer like you said, Frost never seemed to be in the right place and Williams couldn't tackle a sheet of looseleaf.
    Well played sir.[/QUOTE]

I really liked Jon McGraw but he could never stay healthy.

Frost was a gamble that he could convert to safety and like most parcells picks w/ the Jets it didn't work out.