Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Patriots have obtained tight end Alex Smith from the Tampa Bay

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel pretty comfortable saying this is Beli putting his middle finger up to the Jets...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=XingDaorong;3113790]Chris Baker, Ben Watson, and Alex Smith? Watson is their receiver and Baker is their blocker, so what's the point of getting Alex Smith?[/QUOTE]

That's fairly accurate, except Watson has developed into a very good blocker. The Reason for Smith is simply Depth. Watson misses around 3 games a year, and last year we lost the #2 (Dave Thomas) who is a natural receiver (which Watson isn't) for more than half the season, and ended up the season with Watson, and 2 guys whose names I don't remember. Another factor is that Watson's contract is up after this season...as is Smith's. THe plus side for the Pats THIS YEAR is that both are playing for NEXT year's contract

Besides BB has this thing about TE, he can't draft, sign, or develop too many of them. I think in his opinion after QB and DE, its the toughest individual position with an elite player. He's invested a lot of picks on the position, and while we've had some "good" TEs in Graham and Watson over the years, we've never had an elite one. He also is a big believer in the 2 TE, 2 WR formation.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are rumors that Watson will be traded. He's going into the last year of his contract, as Hobbs was, and thinks he's going to get big bucks as a fa.

Trade him while they can and go with Smith, Baker, & Thomas.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;3113813]That's fairly accurate, except Watson has developed into a very good blocker. The Reason for Smith is simply Depth. Watson misses around 3 games a year, and last year we lost the #2 (Dave Thomas) who is a natural receiver (which Watson isn't) for more than half the season, and ended up the season with Watson, and 2 guys whose names I don't remember. Another factor is that Watson's contract is up after this season...as is Smith's. THe plus side for the Pats THIS YEAR is that both are playing for NEXT year's contract

Besides BB has this thing about TE, he can't draft, sign, or develop too many of them. I think in his opinion after QB and DE, its the toughest individual position with an elite player. He's invested a lot of picks on the position, and while we've had some "good" TEs in Graham and Watson over the years, we've never had an elite one. He also is a big believer in the 2 TE, 2 WR formation.[/QUOTE]

Makes sense then I guess.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;3113811]I feel pretty comfortable saying this is Beli putting his middle finger up to the Jets...[/QUOTE]

*Stares at sig*

I'm sorry what were you saying again?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=woodside;3113232][QUOTE=Slikmojet;3113102]

At least that makes him more knowledgable about football than the other trolls around here. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Lol . . . there wasn't a single serious word in my original post. I thought the smiley face at the bottom made that clear. Guess not.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;3113276]You sound just like some of the Jets fans here. Every pick up is an act of genius to turn some sow's ear into a silk purse.... yeah, the Bucs don't know anything...[/QUOTE]

See my previous post. I guess my (admittedly lame) attempt at humor fell completely flat.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;3113811]I feel pretty comfortable saying this is Beli putting his middle finger up to the Jets...[/QUOTE]

Yes BB makes all his personnel decisions based on the Jets. :rolleyes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AFCEastFan;3114367]See my previous post. I guess my (admittedly lame) attempt at humor fell completely flat.[/QUOTE]

Some people just don't have a sarcasm detector in their arsenal.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;3114425]Yes BB makes all his personnel decisions based on the Jets. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Who let you out of Teh Hamper?

I'm going to send Tx over there tomorrow if you keep popping out :cool:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;3114432]Who let you out of Teh Hamper?

I'm going to send Tx over there tomorrow if you keep popping out :cool:[/QUOTE]

Thats a low blow....Gramps is YOUR responsibility!!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;3114436]Thats a low blow....Gramps is YOUR responsibility!!!!![/QUOTE]

Yes but ever since I bought him that Hover Round he just kind of goes wherever he wants :scratch: