Thread: Out-Takes Draft Edition

Out-Takes Draft Edition

With positive jets coverage - and everything!

Thanks, mods!
    Last edited by Buzzsaw; 05-01-2009 at 07:48 PM.

was that really worth linking?

Veteran
    decent NFL read, but nothing really that positive to say. For the one positive they said, they stated like 5 negatives. NO DEAL

Hall Of Fame
    lol...is this some kind of joke?

[U]The Negatives[/U]
    -Sanchez is "an average-armed QB"
    -The Jets are in the "Brady-backed" (I think you mean "Brady barebacked") AFC East
    -The odds are "not great" that Sanchez will be better than Favre
    -The Jets "rent from the Giants"

[U]The Positives[/U]
    -It was a good trade, if it works.

I think the douchiest part of Patriots fandom is the faux-graciousness toward other fanbases. What a bunch of dickbags.

I really didn't think being honest about him having an average arm constituted being a dickbag, and I do think it's tough for a rookie to come in and play as well as a vet like Favre, even if he was up and down last season. What exactly are you expecting from him, anyway?

It's a really nice pick and another in a long line of bold moves for the jets. Sorry if I didn't do a great job of getting that across. I sincerely intended to.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Weren't you the one who immediately after the pick claimed that the Jets paid too much for Sanchez?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=S.I. Patsfan;3114114]I really didn't think being honest about him having an average arm constituted being a dickbag[/QUOTE]

It is being a dickbag because that's not honest. Sanchez's arm strength is well above average.

[QUOTE=S.I. Patsfan;3114114]I do think it's tough for a rookie to come in and play as well as a vet like Favre, even if he was up and down last season. What exactly are you expecting from him, anyway?[/QUOTE]

In terms of interceptions, I'm actually expecting significant improvement from last season. If Sanchez comes in and throws 25 picks next season, that means the Jets are asking him to throw way too much.

[QUOTE=S.I. Patsfan;3114114]It's a really nice pick and another in a long line of bold moves for the jets. Sorry if I didn't do a great job of getting that across. I sincerely intended to.[/QUOTE]

Not even close. I understand you're writing for a Pats site, and so of course any compliments given to the Jets have to be backhanded, but don't come here and blow sunshine up our ass about being positive when the only positive thing you said was that it would be a great move "if it works."

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE]But the team that rents from the Giants[/QUOTE]

You can't link your blog here, to a Jets site, when it has comments like that, sorry. Not to mention that you've been banned before here and we let it slide.
    Last edited by Buzzsaw; 05-01-2009 at 07:54 PM.