Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First Sanchez Minicamp Info

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Megalomaniac;3113539]marcus henry will be our #3 wr this year[/QUOTE]

[B][SIZE="6"]BINGO!!! WINNER!!!!![/SIZE][/B]

A year in the system, a year getting bigger and stronger (which is what he needed desperately). Was faster than than everyone thought, can leap, uses his body very well shielding defenders and is a hand catcher. Oh, and doesn't look to be a diva. Sounded very humble in his interviews last year. I think he will be a big surprise for us this year. Big red zone target.

Heres another shot from a different angle that day...see, Sanchez is bigger:

[IMG]http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq262/rustybindings/09000d5d80ee01cd_gallery_600copy.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=fullblast;3113600]Sanchez is a bit shorter. I don't think his height will be an issue tho.

[img]http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2009/09000d5d80ee01cd_gallery_600.jpg[/img][/QUOTE]

They're listed at the same size and weight, Sanchez must be standing further back. :confused:

rachel nichols just said that sanchez went over the playbook with the other rookies last night without the coaching staff even asking.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=FF2®;3113762]Heres another shot from a different angle that day...see, Sanchez is bigger:

[IMG]http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq262/rustybindings/09000d5d80ee01cd_gallery_600copy.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Now that was pretty funny!!

Hall Of Fame
    FF2- I am still laughing! :D

Jets Insider VIP
    [quote=FF2®;3113762]Heres another shot from a different angle that day...see, Sanchez is bigger:

[IMG]http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq262/rustybindings/09000d5d80ee01cd_gallery_600copy.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

Do you use that enhancement trick on the internetz with the babes?

[QUOTE=JV51;3113779]rachel nichols just said that sanchez went over the playbook with the other rookies last night without the coaching staff even asking.[/QUOTE]

He wants to be great :yes:

Veteran
    [QUOTE=fullblast;3113600]Sanchez is a bit shorter. I don't think his height will be an issue tho.

[img]http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2009/09000d5d80ee01cd_gallery_600.jpg[/img][/QUOTE]

Doesnt Stafford look like a geeky country boy?

[QUOTE=Stronso;3113797]Doesnt Stafford look like a geeky spanish boy?[/QUOTE]

... fixed ;) ...

l_j_r

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;3113575]Your mother.....[/QUOTE]

I lol'd

from jane mcmanus's blog, [URL="http://jets.lohudblogs.com/2009/05/01/the-sanchez-era/"]http://jets.lohudblogs.com/2009/05/01/the-sanchez-era/[/URL]

After showing an array of throws, from a short dart up the middle to a high 50-yarder to the end zone, the Jets first-round quarterback impressed onlookers with his accuracy and arm strength. Then, when he took off his helmet and ran a hand through his sweaty hair, a barrage of clicks came from the cameras overhead.

Mark Sanchez (#6) drew the largest crowd to an offseason Jets practice since the first day Brett Favre arrived at minicamp last August. Like Favre, Sanchez’ jersey is selling faster than a debut iPhone but unlike the former Packer, Sanchez has yet to prove himself ready to be an NFL starter.

[B]Coach Rex Ryan was obviously impressed with Sanchez. He was impressed as he watched the offense practice, and asked offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer how they could install so many plays after just one meeting. Schotty said he didn’t—[U]that Sanchez had held a meeting last night and done the installing before the first practice[/U].[/B]

Ryan said he had an idea of how he thought the quarterback competition would go, but he didn’t say whether he thought Sanchez would beat out Kellen Clemens. “I assume it’s going to work a certain way, but you have to earn the job,” Ryan said. “It’s too important a position to say give it to this guy or give it to that guy.”

Marcus Henry, one of the Jets roster players in the camp, said Sanchez’ arm strength was as good as Brett Ratliff’s, but not at Favre’s level. Henry was impressed by the accuracy.

”(The ball was) always where I expected it to be,” Henry said.

Henry also noticed that the media throng was similar to that following Favre. ESPN, the NFL Network and other national outlets were parked in Florham Park, ready to send reports and video back to their stations and publications.
    [B]
    Sanchez was asked if he understood the Jets disappointments as a franchise and the hope he represents. He looked over the tops of the microphones and cameras.

“[U]I think so[/U],” Sanchez said with a smile.
    [/B]
    Asked if that hype came with an edge, for example when he gets intercepted, he said he could understand that the fans had high expectations. And Ryan said New York isn’t a market for the meek.

[B]“I think this is going to be a team people are going to want to see,” Ryan said, “so you better get used to it.”[/B] :yes:

Shonn Greene (#23), the third-round running back, also looked impressive in the 7-on-7 practice without pads. He took some screens from Sanchez and looked like he’d as effective as a truck running through traffic. Good thing, since the two could be working together for a while. Greene has the heft of Thomas Jones, the RB currently sitting out of the optional workouts and football school.

One last thing, Sanchez was asked if the success of Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco raised his expectations of what he would be able to do this year. “I think it raised a lot of other peopl’s expectations for rookie quarterbacks,” Sanchez said. “But they were anomalies.”

Veteran
    I have to come on the board and say the following:

I pleaded with the Jets to not draft Sanchez b/c of the limited body of work to base such a crucial decision upon. I said that they could use the chips they had to swing deals for Boldin and Quinn - might have been tough but I believed they couldve done that. This draft was too important to muck it up with a bad pick.

I was disappointed that they drafted Sanchez.

I would always support him because he is a Jet but I did not like the pick at the time.

Now, I am starting to think otherwise and I am now feeling better about their choice.

I hope that Sanchez is our VERY SUCCESSFUL franchise quarterback for the next decade

[QUOTE=dassin;3113808]Marcus Henry, one of the Jets roster players in the camp, said Sanchez’ arm strength was as good as Brett Ratliff’s, but not at Favre’s level. Henry was impressed by the accuracy.[/QUOTE]

Oh no he didn't :eek:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Stronso;3113821]I was disappointed that they drafted Sanchez.

I would always support him because he is a Jet but I did not like the pick at the time.

Now, I am starting to think otherwise and I am now feeling better about their choice.[/QUOTE]

Same here, Bro. I was devastated that we moved up to pick him, but I'm very quickly *(and easily) warming up to this guy when I hear stories about his leadership, his love of the Jets and his embassadorship to the people of NY.

[QUOTE=JStokes;3113729][B][SIZE="6"]BINGO!!! WINNER!!!!![/SIZE][/B]

A year in the system, a year getting bigger and stronger (which is what he needed desperately). Was faster than than everyone thought, can leap, uses his body very well shielding defenders and is a hand catcher. Oh, and doesn't look to be a diva. Sounded very humble in his interviews last year. I think he will be a big surprise for us this year. Big red zone target.[/QUOTE]

Not that I'm saying Henry is the #3 receiver, but neither he nor Clowney have pro numbers. Henry had 50% more yardage in college and a better yards per catch. He is good enough to make the roster.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=Untouchable;3113514]
    A quick evaluation: he throws a nice, tight spiral with noticeable zip. He can complete the 15 to 20-yard sideline routes with no problem. Still haven't seen him throw a long ball, but he definitely has a fastball on the intermediate routes.

He just hit a deep seam to a wide-open Marcus Henry, a 64-yard touchdown. [/QUOTE]

Nice. Hopefully some people will stfu about the myth of Sanchez having a weak arm, or that it's Pennington caliber.

[QUOTE=vinluvr;3113518]What kind of scrub secondary is allowing Marcus Henry to get wide open?[/QUOTE]

one of the try out players

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;3113919]Not that I'm saying Henry is the #3 receiver, but neither he nor Clowney have pro numbers. Henry had 50% more yardage in college and a better yards per catch. He is good enough to make the roster.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I'm a Jet homer. I thought Alex Van Dyke was going to be a Hall of Famer.

Don't steal my dreams.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3113927]Nice. Hopefully some people will stfu about the myth of Sanchez having a weak arm, or that it's Pennington caliber.[/QUOTE]

That should have been put to bed long ago.

At his workouts all commented that his arm was a lot stronger than they thought off of what they saw in games.

No one paid attention and it seems from the comments by the Jets, Simms and todays reports that it is true.