Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: First Sanchez Minicamp Info

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BleedingGreen;3113902]Same here, Bro. I was devastated that we moved up to pick him, but I'm very quickly *(and easily) warming up to this guy when I hear stories about his leadership, his love of the Jets and his embassadorship to the people of NY.[/QUOTE]

Cheers mate :beers:

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://www.newsday.com/media/photo/2009-05/46656452.jpg[/IMG]

Check out the release point

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3113944]That should have been put to bed long ago.

[B][U]At his workouts all commented that his arm was a lot stronger than they thought off of what they saw in games.[/U][/B]

No one paid attention and it seems from the comments by the Jets, Simms and todays reports that it is true.[/QUOTE]

Is it possible some take more heed of "the games" rather than "the workout"?

Personally, I'm not going to worry about it (his arm) till I can see what he looks like throwing pro-passes against pro-defenses in real games that count.

After all the rest doesn't really mean anything anyway. Just jibber-jabber. Results on the field are what counts.

With that said, I find the story of him working the rookies the night before camp to install the plays quite impressive.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3113968]Is it possible some take more heed of "the games" rather than "the workout"?

Personally, I'm not going to worry about it (his arm) till I can see what he looks like throwing pro-passes against pro-defenses in real games that count.

After all the rest doesn't really mean anything anyway. Just jibber-jabber. Results on the field are what counts.

With that said, I find the story of him working the rookies the night before camp to install the plays quite impressive.[/QUOTE]

Is it possible that he didn't have to air his arm out in those 16 games?

Peyton showed more arm strength as a Colt than at Tenn.

Agree that it's not an issue to worry about. And am impressed by the news of his work with fellow rookies. Seems like his leadership tag is correct.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 05-01-2009 at 05:10 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3114096]Is it possible that he didn't have to air his arm out in those 16 games?[/QUOTE]

Yes, of course thats possible. Doubtful IMO over the course of a full season, but certainly possible, it must be said.

Now, since you didn;t answer, I assume you agree then that some observers reached their opinion on his arm strength by placing more value on his performance in the games, than they did his personal workouts. Or do you not agree with that being possible?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    "He measured at 6-2 1/8, and that might have been on his tippy toes. There's no pass rush here, so there's no way to tell if he'll have a problem getting it over the rush"

6'2 is ideal size for a QB.

combine f@ggots need to understand, once QB's are over a certain size (in height) it becomes a detriment to their play, rather then helpful

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I remember reading something about Marcus Henry making plays in the pre-draft OTA minicamp. I have been quietly crossing my fingers for himsince last year. His height brings a very important dimension to the table and that could help us out alot. I wonder if he is still a beanpole.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=vin777b;3114121]"He measured at 6-2 1/8, and that might have been on his tippy toes. There's no pass rush here, so there's no way to tell if he'll have a problem getting it over the rush"

6'2 is ideal size for a QB.

[B]combine f@ggots[/B] need to understand, once QB's are over a certain size (in height) it becomes a detriment to their play, rather then helpful[/QUOTE]
    Perhaps you meant [B]"combined f@ggots"[/B], as in more than one of them joined, you know, at the hip or wherever?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3114102]Yes, of course thats possible. Doubtful IMO over the course of a full season, but certainly possible, it must be said.

Now, since you didn;t answer, I assume you agree then that some observers reached their opinion on his arm strength by placing more value on his performance in the games, than they did his personal workouts. Or do you not agree with that being possible?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Because most observers aren't allowed into personal workouts. Simms mentioned this. He is one of those who commented on his arm strength off of what he saw in games but with the added benefit of attending workouts. He said the workouts allowed him to see all the throws that he can makem that he didn't know he could make before. My thoughts were that if he can throw the ball with velocity in workouts, he can in games.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=EM31;3114248]Perhaps you meant [B]"combined f@ggots"[/B], as in more than one of them joined, you know, at the hip or wherever?[/quote]

I believe that's [B]conjoined[/B]. ;)