Thread: Celtics-Bulls playoff series....EPIC

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Celtics-Bulls playoff series....EPIC

For those of you who haven't been watching, your missing probably one of the best, if not THE BEST, playoff series in NBA history.

Every game has been truely edge-of-your-seat action. 7 OTs total through 6 games....already an NBA record....and last night was easily the best game...triple OT and the block of Rondo by Derrick Rose to win it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Uuyt...e=channel_page

Amazing play by Joakim Noah...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_tCqLKrTFM

GAME 7 Saturday night....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could not agree more just a fantastic series...its shame it has to end tomorrow..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best series I've seen in a while. Hopefully the Bulls pull it out tomorrow night.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just wanted to comment because I heard Fatcessa saying this was not a classic series because people weren't "playing great in the clutch" . He based this ridiculous argument on some plays from the last game, which I guess to him takes away from all of the last second 3's there have been in this series, game changing blocks, steals, etc. .

And also, is he really ignorant enough to just dismiss FOUR overtime games in a series which isn't even done yet? That not only won't happen again this season or next, it won't happen again where we see 4 overtime games in a 7 game NBA series in the next 20 years...this isn't hockey, which lends itself to OT's--and even in the NHL no series has had 4 OT games yet this season.

Who cares if it's the opening round, when you want to talk about great series in any sport for that matter you need 2 ingredients--close games and dramatic finishes, and we've had all of that here. As long as game 7 isn't a blowout, that'll cement this series as top 10 in the last 16 years that I've followed basketball when you're judging based on competitiveness.
    Last edited by JETS_for_life; 05-01-2009 at 06:16 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life View Post
    I just wanted to comment because I heard Fatcessa saying this was not a classic series because people weren't "playing great in the clutch" . He based this ridiculous argument on some plays from the last game, which I guess to him takes away from all of the last second 3's there have been in this series, game changing blocks, steals, etc. .

And also, is he really ignorant enough to just dismiss FOUR overtime games in a series which isn't even done yet? That not only won't happen again this season or next, it won't happen again where we see 4 overtime games in a 7 game NBA series in the next 20 years...this isn't hockey, which lends itself to OT's--and even in the NHL no series has had 4 OT games yet this season.

Who cares if it's the opening round, when you want to talk about great series in any sport for that matter you need 2 ingredients--close games and dramatic finishes, and we've had all of that here. As long as game 7 isn't a blowout, that'll cement this series as top 10 in the last 16 years that I've followed basketball when you're judging based on competitiveness.
    Fatcessa despises the nba so he nitpicks and tries to downplay this like it isn't a great series - but it certainly is. I don't know what he's going to do November 2010 after the Knicks have signed one maybe two superstars and become relevant again.

Bulls have certainly stepped up their game. It helps when David Stern gifts you Derrick Rose and the Kings gift you Brad Miller. If Garnett was playing I doubt the Bulls win a game but as it stands they probably will pull off the upset and win tommorrow night b/c you have to think the older Celtics are exhausted from all the OT's.

Best NBA Series I have ever seen:

2002 Kings-Lakers Western Conference Finals
    1998 Bulls-Pacers Eastern Conference Finals
    1992 Knicks-Bulls Second Round
    1999 & 2000 Knicks-Heat Playoffs
    2005 Spurs-Pistons NBA Finals
    Last edited by VincenzoTestaverde; 05-01-2009 at 06:52 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    It helps when David Stern gifts you Derrick Rose and the Kings gift you Brad Miller.
    Don't forget John Salmons, who has been even more important to the Bulls in this series than Miller.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Fatcessa despises the nba so he nitpicks and tries to downplay this like it isn't a great series - but it certainly is. I don't know what he's going to do November 2010 after the Knicks have signed one maybe two superstars and become relevant again.

Bulls have certainly stepped up their game. It helps when David Stern gifts you Derrick Rose and the Kings gift you Brad Miller. If Garnett was playing I doubt the Bulls win a game but as it stands they probably will pull off the upset and win tommorrow night b/c you have to think the older Celtics are exhausted from all the OT's.

Best NBA Series I have ever seen:

2002 Kings-Lakers Western Conference Finals
    1998 Bulls-Pacers Eastern Conference Finals
    1992 Knicks-Bulls Second Round
    1999 & 2000 Knicks-Heat Playoffs
    2005 Spurs-Pistons NBA Finals
    You realize an outside accounting firm audits the draft lottery, right?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    As much as the NBA had diminished over the past 10 years, the last two years have come back with power. This is easily the best series I can remember, and the best part is that it features two of the greatest UConn players going head to head...

UCONNNNNNNNNNNNNN

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    As much as the NBA had diminished over the past 10 years, the last two years have come back with power. This is easily the best series I can remember, and the best part is that it features two of the greatest UConn players going head to head...

UCONNNNNNNNNNNNNN
    Michigan Stateeeeeeeeeeeeeee