Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The best QB in the 2009 draft will be Josh Freeman

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetGuy21;3114067]I really don't understand how Sanchez is considered to be a top prospect.

The guy is small (for a QB), has a mediocre arm (at best), and has very little starting experience.

Freeman is huge (6'6 and jacked), has a cannon, and has starting experience on a horrible team (Jets have the worst offense in the NFL).

Based on my evaluation Mark Sanchez is nothing more than a better looking Kellen Clemens.

Bad move......[/QUOTE]

You just described JaMarcus Russel. No thanks. I'll take Sanchez.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3114093]He even has a Brand Name of a Well-known Rifle AS HIS NAME ffs.

And he still flopped like the fish in my sig.

I like a Big Cannon Arm as much as the next guy, but it takes more than pure unadulterated arm strength to win in the NFL.

Oh, and damn you Browning Nagle, damn you to HELL. If only, if only.....[/QUOTE]

Million dollar arm and a 10 cent brain.

Not a combo for success in the NFL.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SCITSCAT;3114097]Nagle had his friggin arm ripped off at the end of a meaningless game, how does he have anything to do with anything?:rolleyes:

Still believe he would have been pretty good, had he not had it happen twice.:eek:[/QUOTE]

Because that was Glenn Foley and not Browning Nagle?:eek:

The 2 time arm amputee was Chad.

Try to keep up.:rolleyes:
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 05-01-2009 at 05:16 PM.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

What a Clown

thats an idiotic statement

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=treehorn;3114098]I tried so hard to root for that guy. What a disaster he was.[/QUOTE]

Aye, no doubt.

You know who I rooted for too....Glenn Foley. It must be my defense mechanism, but for the life of me I cannot remember why he failed and what happened to him. Either I'm getting senile in my 30's, or my mind is starting to hide memories in order to protect me....not a bad defense mechanism for a Jets Fan, really, if you think about it. :D

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetGuy21;3114067]Josh Freeman has starting experience on a horrible team (Jets have the worst offense in the NFL).

[/QUOTE]

Thats because he never had the talent coming out of H.S to play for a great program such as a USC, ND, FLorida, Texas or any of those other top programs and thats the reason why he got stuck with "Kansas State".

He also played against teams that had H.S talent playing on the Defense side of the ball. Just wait till he plays @ the NFL Level with players such as Ray Lewis, Champ Bailey, Julious Peppers...Are you kidding me? It's going to take this kid 2 or 3 years before he starts and thats...If he ever does.

And since when did the jets have the worst Offense? We have a top 5 O-Line and had the best rushing attack in all of football last year.

I know this guy is a troll, but can he atleast troll harder?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    cough*AkiliSmith*cough

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3114110]Aye, no doubt.

You know who I rooted for too....Glenn Foley. It must be my defense mechanism, but for the life of me I cannot remember why he failed and what happened to him. Either I'm getting senile in my 30's, or my mind is starting to hide memories in order to protect me....not a bad defense mechanism for a Jets Fan, really, if you think about it. :D[/QUOTE]

You must be getting old. :D

It was classic Parcells. Foley started the season opener against the 49'rs, lost the game in OT and then mouthed off about the O, the game plan etc and Parcells sat him down handing the job to Vinny who took off and ran with the opportunity.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3114110]Aye, no doubt.

You know who I rooted for too....Glenn Foley. It must be my defense mechanism, but for the life of me I cannot remember why he failed and what happened to him. Either I'm getting senile in my 30's, or my mind is starting to hide memories in order to protect me....not a bad defense mechanism for a Jets Fan, really, if you think about it. :D[/QUOTE]

Ha, not at all! We Jet fans have to cope somehow, right? Now, if only I can get that fake spike out of my memory!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Freeman's not accurate, locks onto recievers, tries to force the ball through windows that are INTs in the NFL, struggles with touch throws (ie: The 100 mph pass on a 7 yard route) played in a Shotgun based offense, and only was successful against poor college teams and was exposed against most decent college teams.

He's got great size, good athleticism, and a great arm, unfortunately that first paragraph has more to do with NFL Success then this sentence.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3114118]Freeman's not accurate, locks onto recievers, tries to force the ball through windows that are INTs in the NFL, struggles with touch throws (ie: The 100 mph pass on a 7 yard route) played in a Shotgun based offense, and only was successful against poor college teams and was exposed against most decent college teams.

He's got great size, good athleticism, and a great arm, unfortunately that first paragraph has more to do with NFL Success then this sentence.[/QUOTE]

Dude, your trying to debate with a banned troll (likely JacktheRipper). I'm not sure what his obsession with coming on with different names and getting Jet fans riled up is, but guarantee he would be saying Freeman was garbage if the Jets drafted him and not the Bucs.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetGuy21;3114067]I really don't understand how Sanchez is considered to be a top prospect.

The guy is small (for a QB), has a mediocre arm (at best), and has very little starting experience.

Freeman is huge (6'6 and jacked), has a cannon, and has starting experience on a horrible team (Jets have the worst offense in the NFL).

Based on my evaluation Mark Sanchez is nothing more than a better looking Kellen Clemens.

Bad move......[/QUOTE]

[B]Let me handle this one fellas...[/B]

hey rook before I say anything, your argument shows a blatant lack of knowledge. You are entitled to your opinion like anyone else, but Mark Sanchez was targeted by this organization/new coaching staff to be the [U]future of the franchise[/U]. Rex Ryan in his opening press conference challenged the fan base to be more supportive and drop their negativity, I suggest you do the same because if the point of this post isn't to be proven wrong then I don't understand what you're getting at.

I was a better fan of Freeman than arguably anyone on this board and right up until draft was anti-Sanchez, especially trading up for him. Thank God, I'm not the GM of the Jets because I was straight up wrong about what was best for this team. Freeman can go on to be another Dan Marino (which I doubt) but its about winning Super Bowls and I believe Sanchez gives a much better chance at winning the big one than Freeman. Why? First, every scout said that Freeman would take at least 2 - 3 years to develop. Sanchez is competing for the starting position as I type this and already bringing unity and leadership that we've lacked for decades upon decades. Do you really think that Freeman would've had a meeting to bring the offensive rookies together w/out the coaches asking him to? That sort of ambition is rare and is what you seem to overlook with measurable-heavy perspective...Peyton and Eli (two Super Bowl MVPs) were on 1050 ESPN earlier this week and both believed, especially Peyton, that the best way to get better is to start playing immediately. Sanchez has brought new life and excitement to this franchise, plus has expanded the fanbase to the entire hispanic community who was lacking idols in the NFL.

In retrospect, I don't think Freeman would have done well in this city. Any NYC QB prospect's first test is with the media and Sanchez has aced that with flying colors. From calling Kellen to displaying a strong sense of family to going on the circuit to saying "all the right things" to staying humble throughout the whole rollercoaster so far. On the other hand, in the small market of Tampa Bay - the big news from Josh Freeman has only been one unnecessary comment about how he's the best of the 2009 QB class and the others are basically scrubs. That's shows a lack of respect and character IMO.

For more specifics on the Sanchez as a prospect, I think you should watch what Phil Simms (another SB MVP) has to say about the guy...he sees it quite differently than you do.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3114091]Mark Sanchez dominated the college game with USC going against teams that are the "Cream of the Crop".

What school did Freeman go to? Kansas State?

What types of D's did Freeman play against?

North Texas?

Montana State?

Louisiana-Lafayette?

Texas A&M?

Colorado?

He also had a QB raiting of 78.3 against Missouri, are you kidding me?

Get real...This guy is a bum and will be a career backup after he flops with the Bucs. There is a REASON why Tampa Bay Buc fans are PISSED off that the Bucs drafted this guy instead of getting Jay Cutler. Bucs fans are UPSET right now.

Bust. Next.[/QUOTE]
    I understand that you're trying to rebuff a ridiculous post, [B]BUT[/B], you do realize that the Big 12 is just as strong as the PAC 10? It's not like Freeman went to a I-AA school. Moreover, not much defense is played in the PAC 10. Just keep in mind that it's occasionally acceptable to take off your green sunglasses when making a point.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Bad move......[/QUOTE]

I really don't understand how Kurt Warner is supposed to be a good quarterback. The guy is small (for a QB), has a mediocre arm (at best), and wasn't even drafted.

Andrew Walter is huge (6'6" and jacked), has a cannon, and has starting experience...

Um, to answer your question...it helps when you can play football. Sanchez can play. Freeman? Not so much.
    Last edited by seanmac31; 05-01-2009 at 05:38 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :D wow you sure know alot...which NFL team do you scout for???

LOL

Bad move......[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :D it was a silly post but no need to question Josh freemans intelligence.

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;3114105]Million dollar arm and a 10 cent brain.

Not a combo for success in the NFL.[/QUOTE]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3114087]That was part of your evaluation?:eek:

Want to go kayaking?

_[/QUOTE]

Do

wait for it

oosh

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder what the Fish banned him for :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;3114302]I wonder what the Fish banned him for :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I banned him, he's a previously banned poster

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;3114072]And you've been an NFL scout for how long?[/QUOTE]
    LOL... That's what i was thinking.